NASA S1035 (ACES) Helmet

Does anyone have any info on the ACES Suit O2 manifold?
my efforts only stretch as far as to make the best attempt i can at a visually accurate helmet and i know i will still fall short of the level of accuracy achieved by some who have done this type of replica, as for functional aspects of the helmet other than the visor mechanisms I dont know much at all.

There is a lot of great info and reference material here. Thank you all. It is really helping to improve on what i started with.

what is the best way to know if a 3D model suit is something that once printed,will be wearable? thanks
I feel I do not understand your question. Have a 3d model suit in mind? I design 3d print models and know there are 3d models out there that are designed for video games or film CGI not for 3d printing.

it is almost 100% that a 3d model of a suit will be not wearable, especially one that is meant to be soft fabrics. a hard suit such as iron man etc may be wearable if the model has been specifically designed that way but most 3d models are for visual purposes such as video games where they just have to look like the object. often they will have lower detail in areas that wont be seen or will not have detail at all. they will likely be a solid object and have to be hollowed out at a bear minimum to make them anywhere near wearable. even helmets unless specifically made to do so, will not have space to put your head in.

The hardest part of the helmet is figuring out all the bits and bobs in the ears. I spent ages staring at photos until I understood it. Here's my drawing of how the ears all go together. Brace yourself.
It's a lot of parts. This is an interim drawing I plan to do better than this and release as a poster someday.
I had my hands on a real one a few years ago and knew someone involved in a test of the ACES suit, all pressurized (I envied her seriously for getting to wear it for a few tests). I need to go find all the photos I took of the helmet, the photos are around here somewhere. Such a shame I'm seeing this thread just now.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back