Narcissus Builders Club N Stuff.

I was mouldmaking up till last weekend but laid off to concentrate on getting the mess in the shed cleared up once and for all. Almost done now. Got my bike back from the shop on Wednesday - needed the space. Simon dropped off most of the well parts - they're next to go in rubber.

- - - Updated - - -

PS Paul picked up a fair bunch of parts from me a little while back - hopefully he'll have pics to post soon! :)

I've been busy modelling all the kit parts supplied by Martyn.
Once modeled, they are test fitted to the 3D model and any adjustments/tweaks are made (if required).
The physical parts are then test fitted to the prototype for final verification of accuracy.

Some of the kit pieces modeled so far:

View attachment 264645

My hats off to you guys IDing these parts.
How you figure out what some of these are from the reference pictures is beyond me!

Holy crap Paul, I'll never know where you find the time, lol. Nice work.

Needless to say this could all contribute to the 1/48 resin project too at some stage. :)

OOOooooh we have a new CGI nurnie pack in the making too :)
With the advent of 3D printing you would think a depository of modeled kit parts (especially the hard to find ones) would be quite an asset to the community? I guess it's still a fairly niche market...

Holy crap Paul, I'll never know where you find the time, lol. Nice work.
Late at night when I've finished all my chores! :D
I'll email you shortly. Just need a couple of parts to look at finishing off the underside rear section.

That's what...

By the way: is it possible to get in on this project still? I've recently been able to maybe afford it again. Having time and space to build it is another matter, but I can dream I guess.

Hey Guys

Been pondering a bit about this part ... it's marked as 1/24 Gemini in one of the first kit maps .... but are we sure about that?

Looks a lot like the evergreen (well pink) perforated plate from the Pink Panther, to me.

mysterypart.jpg

keep up the great work guys,it may be taking a while but it's gonna be worth the wait.also given me time to save up the money for this bird.:D

Hey Guys

Been pondering a bit about this part ... it's marked as 1/24 Gemini in one of the first kit maps .... but are we sure about that?

Looks a lot like the evergreen (well pink) perforated plate from the Pink Panther, to me.

Mmmm... I've always assumed it's part 55 from the Airfix Scammel. Might be worth checking whilst you've got the kit handy.

Keith

Paul I'm not happy with the Scammel cluster any more; I'm going to re-do it - it's a minor change but it is bugging me. Hopefully you didn't glue that down too hard.

I don't know yet whether the quarter panel issues you identified are 'best ID we got' or my mistakes; Simon says I have got some wrong parts but I don't know if he meant that or the "general bits sprues", where I threw everything in. Simon and I need to discuss when he's back. I have some questions over the well also so I am holding off on that too for now.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back