My Working Stargate Miniature!

At 5" per segment, you could go as large as 1/6 scale. That would be about 6'6".
I also felt that half a meter diameter was big enough for this miniature :p but truth be told. I am already at the limits of the printer scale... So I couldn't really go any larger

It was just an estimation. A 7' gate would be more of a burden than a joy to most people. :)

I don't think I could manage any gate larger than 10" myself.

I made mine about 1 Mtr in diameter, a great size to wall mount (mine had no back)

Stargate1.jpeg

Nope. What you have gotten confused with is the fact it has 39 address glyphs.
I measured it on set, lol.
But, do me a favour. Google: "Stargate size" and see what Google says.
Thanks. Which gate were you lucky enough to measure, if I may ask??

About "3 stories tall" was mentioned in the series as well. As I said, I didn't know what the prop size was, but it was seemingly larger than the prop.

Google has been wrong before.

Mangydog, apologies for the very slight thread derailment. I don't want to divert too much.

Thanks. Which gate were you lucky enough to measure, if I may ask??

About "3 stories tall" was mentioned in the series as well. As I said, I didn't know what the prop size was, but it was seemingly larger than the prop.

Google has been wrong before.

22 feet is the full size of the gate. Honestly. I'm not trying to mess with you, dude.
Three stories is the height of the gateroom, not the height of the gate. Which is 22 feet, lol.
The gate is not larger than the prop. The full size prop is 22 feet in diameter, and is "full size".
I measured all three gates that existed at the time. The SGC gate, the Atlantis gate, and the "outside" gate(Which was the same size as the other two, but just like a big lego set, that could be erected on location). As far as i am led to believe by friends of mine who worked on the set of Stargate Universe, the million year old design of the gate in the Destiny is the same diameter. But i cannot confirm that from measurements i took myself.
They all use the same fibreglass mouldings for the main shape(Although the SGC Gate differs by having the spinning ring, which the location gate doesn't have, and the Atlantis gate has LED screens for the glyphs).

Here are the parts for the location gate:

CIMG1093.jpg

Me standing at the SGC gate(I'm only 5'2", and standing exactly where the event horizon would be):

Baratthegate.jpg

Standing next to the still-being-constructed "watergate" from the Atlantis Episode where they are all stuck on top of the gate after an ice floe melts:

CIMG1138.jpg

And standing next to the Atlantis gate:

CIMG0898.jpg

No problem with the derail im really glad you posted the pics here... And yeah from what i recall the gate is mean to be 6 meters ish or was it 12 foot? ish? gah brain fail. The photos make it looks much bigger than 12 feet though

And assuming 22 feet is correct with my gate being roughly 2 feet, lets call it roughly 1:12 or 1:11 scale :D

And assuming 22 feet is correct with my gate being roughly 2 feet, lets call it roughly 1:12 or 1:11 scale :D

Nice!!!
There are loads of 1/12 figures out(Or coming out shortly) these days. You can probably make yourself an SGC team of your own!

22 feet is the full size of the gate. Honestly. I'm not trying to mess with you, dude.
Three stories is the height of the gateroom, not the height of the gate. Which is 22 feet, lol.
The gate is not larger than the prop. The full size prop is 22 feet in diameter, and is "full size".
I measured all three gates ...
View attachment 1274912

And standing next to the Atlantis gate:

View attachment 1274913

Great! Thank you for sharing this. It is often extremely difficult to get reliable measurements for many items.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back