My Vader Reveal-Rubies Conversion

Thanks again guys. I just always assumed that they didn't get too detailed on the inside of the mask because it wouldn't get much screen time. I really like the ROTS interior because it looks uncomfortable and has a purposefull feel to it.

Onigiri- The hoses are probably the only thing on the jaw section that I am not satisfied with but I got used to it and it looks ok. I just couldn't find anything closer to the original. It is a white PVC hose that is available at Lowes and Home Depot. It is on a coil and is ribbed for about a foot and then smooth for about 2 inches, repeat. It has about a 1 inch internal diameter and costs about $3.00 per foot. Eventhough it is fairly flexable, once you bend it that tight of a curve it starts to get stiff. What I had to do was cut out the back side to help with the curve and get it tighter to the wall of the mask.

UKscout- It actually took a LOT more time and effort than $$$. I have a small prop budget and aside from the neckbrace I have invested $100 for the Rubies helmet and about another $100 in parts and materials. Where I am most fortunate is that I have limited access to a machine shop so I was able to make most of the parts over a long period.

it-could-have-been-mine.jpg

Well done!!! :thumbsup

:eek
oh snap! they're working now. Thats a sweet looking helmet.

I'll never get my Rubies to look that good but wow.. you've done that helmet proper. :thumbsup

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back