Current availability of metal parts for Vader Helmet Reveal internal mouth area

StarWars77

Hello folks. I am brandy new to the rpf and have been digging through old threads for some rather specific info. I am looking to upgrade my Black Series Vader Reveal helmet, specifically replacing as many of the plastic fiddly bits inside the mouth area with machined (or found) metal wherever I can. I know the Black Series isn’t 100% to scale, but I wanted to see what I could make work. Unfortunately I’m not even sure what a lot of the little parts are called to even reference them myself. I have attached a photo of the two key parts I would like to replace, but I’m certainly looking to replace others if possible, even just the wiring. Any direction on where I could find these parts would be greatly appreciated! But honestly if people know what they are called within canon, that would help at a minimum. Thank you very much!

Attachments

• 0D7C63C4-72FC-429B-B361-DC7E96B81FD9.jpeg
    0D7C63C4-72FC-429B-B361-DC7E96B81FD9.jpeg
    459.7 KB · Views: 128
Welcome....the ROTJ Reveal was a hot topic over the decades but has gone silent as of late. Its a very daunting project with expensive found parts and many items STILL not known even to this day. I am still actively working on mine here and there as time permits.

The items circled on the top are at the end of the 'feeding tubes' as they were called. I'm not sure what the lower ones are called anymore but I always referred to them as 'vocoder hats' but someone else may know the official names.

The feeding tube ends are made up of two pieces, Michell sweep arm parts and round greeblies which are the same round greeblies as found on the back collar. Supergreen props is making the Michell parts since they are used throughout the OT movies. I don't know anyone offering the round greeblies, nor do I know anyone offering the vocoder 'hat' greeblies. The discs and hat greeblies are both made of stainless steel.

I was going to mention I carry the small threaded cones on my website, thank you bobafett.
I think you can ask Portumac on here on on Facebook for some parts as he seem to carry a lot of Vader reveal parts.
Cheers

definitely pick up the Michell cones from super green. More than a fair price and they look awesome.

If you can’t find them anywhere else I can make the round greeblies under the michell cones for you. I can do aluminum or stainless no problem.

The #2 part or “vocoder hat greeblies” (I really like that description) I may be able to machine as well. I’ll take a look at my helmet to get a better idea.

Edit: I went and looked at my helmet. It’s such a shame that everything is scaled so terribly in them.

You may have to replace the actual feeding tube to support metal pieces. It’s less about weight and more about the diameter of the tube in the helmet. It’s also hard to be sure but it looks like it’s one solid piece from tube to tip, so you’d have to cut flush below the round greeblie, losing a little bit of length.

The “vocoder hat pieces” in the helmet are molded in and there’s not much wiggle room there to add a part that’s the correct size. If you wanted to go metal for these, the option I can think of off the top of my head would be a slightly larger version of whats in the BS helmet with a pocket so it fits directly over the molded piece. Going this route you’d have to sacrifice the brim around the piece itself.

Last edited:
I was going to mention I carry the small threaded cones on my website, thank you bobafett.
I think you can ask Portumac on here on on Facebook for some parts as he seem to carry a lot of Vader reveal parts.
Cheers
Just ordered a pair! Thanks very much for everyone's input!

definitely pick up the Michell cones from super green. More than a fair price and they look awesome.

If you can’t find them anywhere else I can make the round greeblies under the michell cones for you. I can do aluminum or stainless no problem.

The #2 part or “vocoder hat greeblies” (I really like that description) I may be able to machine as well. I’ll take a look at my helmet to get a better idea.

Edit: I went and looked at my helmet. It’s such a shame that everything is scaled so terribly in them.

You may have to replace the actual feeding tube to support metal pieces. It’s less about weight and more about the diameter of the tube in the helmet. It’s also hard to be sure but it looks like it’s one solid piece from tube to tip, so you’d have to cut flush below the round greeblie, losing a little bit of length.

The “vocoder hat pieces” in the helmet are molded in and there’s not much wiggle room there to add a part that’s the correct size. If you wanted to go metal for these, the option I can think of off the top of my head would be a slightly larger version of whats in the BS helmet with a pocket so it fits directly over the molded piece. Going this route you’d have to sacrifice the brim around the piece itself.
Bones, if you were to machine the greeblies and attempt a set of vocoder hats scaled to fit the Black Series, any idea what the cost on that might be? I would still include the brim on the hats, basically just a metal twin of what's in there now... maybe just a hair bigger to be a bit more screen-accurate if the fit allows??? I won't fit the new ones over the current hats, but I'll figure a way to replace them entirely. I'm new to the forum, but I've been gutting/modifying things for years! Many thanks!

Bones, if you were to machine the greeblies and attempt a set of vocoder hats scaled to fit the Black Series, any idea what the cost on that might be? I would still include the brim on the hats, basically just a metal twin of what's in there now... maybe just a hair bigger to be a bit more screen-accurate if the fit allows??? I won't fit the new ones over the current hats, but I'll figure a way to replace them entirely. I'm new to the forum, but I've been gutting/modifying things for years! Many thanks!
I’ll shoot you a PM

Hi, i saw this post and im building a darth Vader reveal mask fusion, its been on hold for 10 years as i have had no luck finding greeblies for the lower jaw interior, im currently talking to a few members in hopes of obtaining the parts and I'd im hoping you might be able to help.20240201_233127.jpg20240201_232325.jpg

Hi, i saw this post and im building a darth Vader reveal mask fusion, its been on hold for 10 years as i have had no luck finding greeblies for the lower jaw interior, im currently talking to a few members in hopes of obtaining the parts and I'd im hoping you might be able to help.View attachment 1785239View attachment 1785238
since I was mentioned in the previous posts (I'm the owner of supergreen props), I'm currently sold out of the small threaded michell cones, but I can restock them in the next few days if you need a couple.
cheers

since I was mentioned in the previous posts (I'm the owner of supergreen props), I'm currently sold out of the small threaded michell cones, but I can restock them in the next few days if you need a couple.
cheers
I’ll message you fella

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back