my Vaako style axe

takevin

Sr Member
I based this design off of Vaako's axe at the end of the movie, and added my own changes to it that I think blend in more with my necro commander costume, specifically the undersuit pattern. Cost was 20 bucks, in wood and metal rods, and a bit of time to construct. I gave it a heavy weathered pattern to match my costume, it still needs some more darker weathering to it yet. Its about 7.5 feet tall. The weathering got washed out a bit in the pics, I was in a hurry from lunch. Enjoy. I ll have to make I dont doink someone at a con. LOL :)

Here is a pic of the screen used one
COR-VaakoStuntAxe1.jpg

CopyofMVC-228F.JPG

CopyofMVC-229F.JPG

CopyofMVC-235F.JPG

That's brilliant. And all for $20 worth of materials? Wow... :eek

Here are pieces of the stunts that would have been seen in the alternate ending, when the axe is shattered during the final fight scene:

riddick12.jpg

riddick13.jpg

Have fun at the con. :D

- Gabe

Thankyou, 20 bucks and some change, a couple pieces of bass wood, two poles, and a couple rods, some leftover sintra I have. As far as adding the blades to the rod, thats where the rods come in. I cut about two inch piece of rod, and did about drilled a hole in the blade about five times. Drop rod in after gluing. :)

Cool stunt pieces btw.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back