My V for Vendetta costume

Immortal Goat

But it's what I could throw together in time for the movie. All that's missing from these pics is my belt and black pants.

The mask is the one handed out at last year's comic-con, the wig is a brown Peggy Sue wig, and the hat is just a pilgrim hat with the buckle removed. That's it for the accurate stuff. As for the rest:

Coat: Just a Navy Peacoat that I had lying around my house.

Pants: Standard black pants.

Belt: Black leather belt.

Boots: Don't have them. I'll just wear my black shoes.

Gloves: couldn't find an accurate pair for cheap that fit me, so I'm just going with my Biker Scout gloves.

Oh, and instead of putting nylon on the inside of the mask, I'm wearing a nylon facemask with a balaclava over that.

Hey, at least I'll look the part for the premier tomorrow night.

nice. i love seeing people in costume at movies.

when i went to shaun of the dead, there was a whole group of zomies in the theater, and it made the night so much more fun.

Well, last night's turnout was... disappointing to say the least. Aside from my group of 4, there were MAYBE 8 other people in the theater, so not too many people were able to enjoy the costume. BTW, here's some shots of me at the premier:

575184809_l.jpg

Me with my friends Alan and Mary. He thinks it's cool. She thinks it's creepy.

575196053_l.jpg

Me and my Girlfriend Jessi. She thinks it's creepy, too.

Looks cool.

Anyone have a source for these masks now?

I saw the movie last night, and there was a disappointing turnout at my theater too (10-15 people max for the 9:30 show). Hopefully it was because everyone was getting drunk at the bar. I thought the movie kinda dragged in the middle, but I will probably give it another chance on video. I would like a mask though.

Originally posted by IanL@Mar 18 2006, 05:20 PM
Looks cool.

Anyone have a source for these masks now?

I saw the movie last night, and there was a disappointing turnout at my theater too (10-15 people max for the 9:30 show).  Hopefully it was because everyone was getting drunk at the bar.  I thought the movie kinda dragged in the middle, but I will probably give it another chance on video.  I would like a mask though.
[snapback]1208503[/snapback]​

I think Ebay might be an option, but they are going for too much. I believe DCDirect will be releasing (or already has) a very nice version of the mask directly to comic book stores. You can ask them to order one.
It will retail for $195, but it does look nice. I don't know if it is wearable.

DC Direct V Mask

I had heard at one point that it had been cancelled, but I think that was when the movie was delayed. It's on their website, so perhaps it's back, or I was misinformed.

You and your girlfriend have the same hair. :lol

Originally posted by Immortal Goat@Mar 17 2006, 01:38 PM
Well, last night's turnout was... disappointing to say the least. Aside from my group of 4, there were MAYBE 8 other people in the theater, so not too many people were able to enjoy the costume. BTW, here's some shots of me at the premier:

575184809_l.jpg

Me with my friends Alan and Mary. He thinks it's cool. She thinks it's creepy.

575196053_l.jpg

Me and my Girlfriend Jessi. She thinks it's creepy, too.
[snapback]1207866[/snapback]​

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back