My Ultimate Symbiote cosplay [WIP]

MaybePTomorrow

So after seeing Lunaman's and Grampsee's cosplay I decided to do my first ever cosplay.

I decided to an Ultimate Symbiote cosplay. Instead of buying a print I decided to make my own, using Kenlandrum's free TASM2/Raimi files, which in my opinion was very easy. I also ordered two bottles of slick white, six bottles of slick black, and one bottle of slick purple, as I plan to puff paint the suit as Grampsee did.
Due to a computer wipe and some poor foresight I no longer have the original print file for my costume, or my first photos of the print. I do have my current progress on my build and a new improved print file (full version .JPEG and .PSD) (which is the better than my current print for my build). But anyway, here is my current progress. When I sent my print to FoD it came back with almost no shading in the muscles. I contacted FoD and they were willing to send a new version, but it would take another 20 days so I opted to keep the current print, and hit the gym a bit (lost 7 pounds so far!).

Anyway here is my current progress, I also did the white Spider on front but didn't take a picture. I'm aiming for a con in late September, I still haven't lineup up a seamstress yet so if any of you guys are in Edmonton, Alberta and know somebody let me know.
IMG_2319.JPGIMG_2318.JPG

I'm also thinking of overdyeing some of the joints later on after it's sewn, depending on how it looks when I bend.

Am I doing good for a newbie?

So after seeing Lunaman's and Grampsee's cosplay I decided to do my first ever cosplay.

I decided to an Ultimate Symbiote cosplay. Instead of buying a print I decided to make my own, using Kenlandrum's free TASM2/Raimi files, which in my opinion was very easy. I also ordered two bottles of slick white, six bottles of slick black, and one bottle of slick purple, as I plan to puff paint the suit as Grampsee did.
Due to a computer wipe and some poor foresight I no longer have the original print file for my costume, or my first photos of the print. I do have my current progress on my build and a new improved print file (full version .JPEG and .PSD) (which is the better than my current print for my build). But anyway, here is my current progress. When I sent my print to FoD it came back with almost no shading in the muscles. I contacted FoD and they were willing to send a new version, but it would take another 20 days so I opted to keep the current print, and hit the gym a bit (lost 7 pounds so far!).

Anyway here is my current progress, I also did the white Spider on front but didn't take a picture. I'm aiming for a con in late September, I still haven't lineup up a seamstress yet so if any of you guys are in Edmonton, Alberta and know somebody let me know.
View attachment 504956View attachment 504955

I'm also thinking of overdyeing some of the joints later on after it's sewn, depending on how it looks when I bend.

Am I doing good for a newbie?

Doing great so far!

Looks great. I liked both their works, only thing I didn't was the spider... I think to be different, make it solid... and have messy jagged web lines same type of web pattern, but making them a bit more organic... lol well that's what I plan to do at some point :)

I think to be different, make it solid... and have messy jagged web lines

I was actually going to make it solid, but after I did a little research I heard that the Puff Paint will started to crack. I already have a plan if I ever do a V2 of this costume, which would include screen printing on the hexagons with puff additive ink, and making a latex spider I would E6000 to the chest.

What you said about organic looking web lines made me think, I'm playing around with Ken's Raimi suit to make somthing based off of this costume test for Spider-Man 3
Symbiote-Spidey-movie.jpg

What I have so far looks like this
WIP.png

Last edited:
3762610594_d7c9af0b6d_z.jpgThis is what I meant by organic... black widow webbing... the typical spiderman type webbing we are all used to is something a nice garden variety orb weaver or similar would make.

June-024c.jpgEven something like this... the shape is there but its a bit chaotic.. not neat

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back