My TOS BSG Colonial laser pistol

gunnerk19

Master Member
Just got this, made by the same individual who made my Viper helmet. Working lights and sound. Even though the lights aren't screen accurate, they're cool as hell :cool:

UGHeSL2.jpg

qi03xpl.jpg

Very nice indeed. It's noticeably larger than my 20 year old resin copy of a 1:1 scale pistol, but that's to be expected given the awesome electronics enclosed inside.

ggfe9Mk.jpg

5mmP4ji.jpg

It still fits well enough in my holster rig nicely. And it's incredibly light, much less than the resin model but not quite as light as my 3D printed pistol.

JPfiOf4.jpg

The only thing I may modify or improve upon is maybe swapping out the battery cover/grip panel screws for hidden magnets. There seems to be ample space in the grip frame/battery housing to do this.

I didn't record any of the effects, but the YT link below shows it in action.

I bought the same replica from DutchCylon and I love it. The details are crisp and I really like the lights he built into it. I always felt that had the prop master for Battlestar Galactica had the time and money those painted details would have been lighted.

Agreed. At least on the Apollo, Starbuck, and Boomer "Hero" pistols anyway.

Looking at the pistol blueprints that were released, at least some of the lights were supposed to serve a purpose, particularly on the left side.

dkMZKkb.jpg

ywqOBI2.jpg

T6TFgM2.jpg

While the resin blaster is more accurate.... mine has light and sound btw from RAC Props I bought 25-30 yarens ago.... The dutchcylon model it the hero model we all really wanted.

That resin model is what they had on set with a wire that ran up the arm for the strobe flash with the sounds added by the studio of course. GC

It is a beautiful version, the only thing that throws it off is the trigger.

I wish it was what they used on set instead of the old RAC red trigger

Just got this, made by the same individual who made my Viper helmet. Working lights and sound. Even though the lights aren't screen accurate, they're cool as hell :cool:

View attachment 1663786
View attachment 1663787

Very nice indeed. It's noticeably larger than my 20 year old resin copy of a 1:1 scale pistol, but that's to be expected given the awesome electronics enclosed inside.

View attachment 1663788
View attachment 1663789

It still fits well enough in my holster rig nicely. And it's incredibly light, much less than the resin model but not quite as light as my 3D printed pistol.

View attachment 1663790

The only thing I may modify or improve upon is maybe swapping out the battery cover/grip panel screws for hidden magnets. There seems to be ample space in the grip frame/battery housing to do this.

I didn't record any of the effects, but the YT link below shows it in action.

Love it! Super cool dude! Love the magnet idea!

Hmmm. Nice sound. Too many lights though.

The old blasters were molded off parts from original props. Hence the original flaws.

The color scheme was researched as best as could be determined at the time to make it as set authentic as possible.

The front tips were especially difficult to paint. Which is why Coyle eventually left those blasters to his Elves to build.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back