My TE suit...work in progress. :)

jorusfett

I have my first any only Stormtrooper suit (so far) and it was made by TE.

The suit was formed back in December, but I now got a chance to start working on it.

I was fortunate enough to have TE trim and glue the necessary pieces together (many, many thanks to TE...couldn't have done it without him). I am now in the process of painting it (which is quite the fun task).

Anyway...here are some initial pics of my progress thus far (in the link below). I will update as I complete each step (plan on finishing the helmet up tomorrow).

Here is a pic of the painted helmet and chestplate...modeled by my daughter. :)

125_2527_r1%20Large%20Web%20view.jpg

Any feeback would be appreciated.

Enjoy.

TE Suit Pictures

I finished painting up my suit and I am quite happy with the outcome.

Here is a picture of the completed helmet. Other pictures are on my website linked below.

The only thing left on the helmet is the Hovi mic tips, which I will have in the helmet next week.

My big challenge now is to lose a few pounds so I can get the strapping system put in so I can wear it. Time to hit the gym. :)

I am working on a journal of sorts that I will post on my website outlining what I did with this suit, what paints, etc that I used, and my overall thoughts on this whole process. (My Stormtrooper Costume)

Enjoy.

126_2601_r1%20Large%20Web%20view.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RoCKo @ May 9 2006, 04:17 PM) [snapback]1241587[/snapback]</div>
the helmet looks great. :thumbsup

did you use decals or are the details handpainted?
[/b]

Thanks for the compliment on the helmet. :)

All the details on the helmet (cheeks, frown, etc) were hand painted on. The only decals are the tube stripes. Since I have a movie accurate helmet, I went with TE's suggestion of making it look as close as possible.

Thanks to everybody for the kind and encouraging words thus far. I know most people start out with other kits so I am highly critical of myself while working on this one. :)

Well I finished up the helmet and all the armor pieces...now the task of losing a little weight comes into play. I would rather fit into this suit than modify it. :)

I also posted a journal of sorts that outlined everything that was done to the armor, what was needed, etc.

Enjoy.

Journal Link

126_2621_r1%20Large%20Web%20view.jpg
126_2604_r1%20Large%20Web%20view.jpg

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back