My Second Attempt

Hippie

Hi Guys.

I recently got my P1 Stunt from George.

Firstly, thanks to George! Working on this fella is so cool. And thanks for the advice. Not just a new Bio but a new friend also.

Anyway..

I have spent at least two hours a night working on this one. Sanding, sanding, filling, primer, sanding, filler, primer, dremel. You guys know the score.

Re doing the dodgy fin line at the rear was so nerve wrecking. Its so easy to go off line. If anyone else is to do this I suggest that after you've marked out the new line, run along it with the back of a craft knife pressing quite firmly before you dremel to give it a grove for the dremel to follow.

I still have a lot to do but here are a few pics so far. The pics just dont do the finish justice as it is so smooth.

Any comments or advice will be well recieved.

Thanks.
Christian.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha.
George said exactly the same thing.

I wasn't actually trying to get rid of the dent. It just dissapeared when I was sanding the brow to re shape it. No filler there. I wouldnt of minded if it stayed. I like quirky things like that.

love the transformation thats coming along,regards to the dent with mine when i get round to doing it im leaving as is ,to give a bit of character to the overall look of the suit ect!

And the next step...

Had to remove the paint and start again as I had a bit of an accident. Wont go into that!

As you can see I've gone away from the affect on the crown and gone back to plain black. I've also used a lot less gloss. I want a polished look but also want it to look used so Ive buffed it back with a scotch pad to give it a slight tarn.
Still loads to do though. Loads of cleaning up around the laser shroud.

Another update...

A bit more tidying and it should be finished.
All comments appreciated, good or bad.
Thanks.
Christian.

oh wow! ..first off Im a fan of all things painted Black. This is smooth as silk man ..I absolutely love it!!!!
Christian ..wow ..really ..im blown away with this...going for a simple, yet glossy black stays so much with the theme of what the p1 bio is ..simple ..and elegant ..great job!

Thankyou so much my friend. Such kind words. Appreciated.
I worked like hell on the prep of this one.
Black is a good colour. Only thing is that it shows every flaw.
I'm so glad you like it though.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back