My RotJ Darth Vader Reveal Helmet Project and "Parts Hunt"

Not yet... BUT You can easily see from down the top inside AND on the sides that they are INDEED the COPPER Ones!

But thanks for the Offer! I will keep ALL posted as SOON as I get it Cracked open! :)

The glass on the bottom is brown.It looks always like Copperdynodes....but when you crack it...SILVER...the most time. :(
You must really destroy the tube to see whats inside.

You ever end up cracking it open?
No Sorry Frog... Not yet! I've had some... health issues I've been dealing with. It's put my WHOLE Darth Vader Costume on hold for awhile.

See... I had a Heart Attack at my work in December of 2018. THEN I started having small "Strokes" that cause some issues. They were classed as "Transient Ischemic Strokes" or "Attacks". THEN I had ANOTHER Heart attack and a REAL STROKE! But I'm on the mend... And I WAS Working
up until my Cardiologist and Neurologist made me go on "Self Isolation" because of this DAMNED Virus! I am 55 and at VERY HIGH Risk!

Sooo My Fiancée and I have been hunkered down at my place since early April. Not the WORST way to be Shut In I can SURELY Tell you! LOL :D

I/We still go to the store on occasion but we wear mask. And I get to see my Grand Kids about once a week. They too have been out of school and hunkered down, so they are safe and "Virus Free" :)

But NOW with all of this TIME on my hands I plan to get ALL of my DV Stuff done! I have my ANOVOS Helmet and Mask almost ready and I will be finishing the Back Collar to attach to it! Soon!

I will send picks when it is all Ready!

And as soon as I "Crack Open" the Photo-Multiplier I will send pics of that too! :D

Joe

No Sorry Frog... Not yet! I've had some... health issues I've been dealing with. It's put my WHOLE Darth Vader Costume on hold for awhile.

See... I had a Heart Attack at my work in December of 2018. THEN I started having small "Strokes" that cause some issues. They were classed as "Transient Ischemic Strokes" or "Attacks". THEN I had ANOTHER Heart attack and a REAL STROKE! But I'm on the mend... And I WAS Working
up until my Cardiologist and Neurologist made me go on "Self Isolation" because of this DAMNED Virus! I am 55 and at VERY HIGH Risk!

Sooo My Fiancée and I have been hunkered down at my place since early April. Not the WORST way to be Shut In I can SURELY Tell you! LOL :D

I/We still go to the store on occasion but we wear mask. And I get to see my Grand Kids about once a week. They too have been out of school and hunkered down, so they are safe and "Virus Free" :)

But NOW with all of this TIME on my hands I plan to get ALL of my DV Stuff done! I have my ANOVOS Helmet and Mask almost ready and I will be finishing the Back Collar to attach to it! Soon!

I will send picks when it is all Ready!

And as soon as I "Crack Open" the Photo-Multiplier I will send pics of that too! :D

Joe
Oh wow! I hope you'll be doing alright from now on!

I can't wait to see some of your progress!

Hehe, nice!
Well... ACTUALLY... I have one of the "Chest Boxes" that Manny does. But I am replacing the molded in "Rocker Switches" with REAL Ones that will
turn on the electronics, which is the "Breather Effect", "Voice Modulator", and Lights. I want it to ACTUALLY Function!

It's taken some time to "Saw Out" the molded in parts... but I'm almost there. Then I will paint the switches the proper colors and mount them inside. Hooking up the electronics is going to be fun! I haven't done this type of work in awhile even though I WORK in the Electronic Harness Assembly/Fabrication Field! I actually MISS Work! :( I LOVE what I do! I've been Soldering since I was about 7. And I'm a Class 3 Certified Solderer.

But when it comes to figuring out wiring Schematics that's where I get into the weeds a bit! LOL :D
But I will figure it out!

Well... ACTUALLY... I have one of the "Chest Boxes" that Manny does. But I am replacing the molded in "Rocker Switches" with REAL Ones that will
turn on the electronics, which is the "Breather Effect", "Voice Modulator", and Lights. I want it to ACTUALLY Function!

It's taken some time to "Saw Out" the molded in parts... but I'm almost there. Then I will paint the switches the proper colors and mount them inside. Hooking up the electronics is going to be fun! I haven't done this type of work in awhile even though I WORK in the Electronic Harness Assembly/Fabrication Field! I actually MISS Work! :( I LOVE what I do! I've been Soldering since I was about 7. And I'm a Class 3 Certified Solderer.

But when it comes to figuring out wiring Schematics that's where I get into the weeds a bit! LOL :D
But I will figure it out!
That is awesome! When I do my vader reveal I'm planning on having a breathing effect thing and a voice modulator! I think I'm gonna attempt to hide the microphone(s) in the "nutrient feeder tube thingies"! Maybe stick a speaker of some kind at the chin vent.

OK Gang... NEW THREAD or "TOPIC"...

DV COLLAR PARTS IDENTIFYING!

Ok Folks... WHAT ARE the Parts used on the DV Back Collar BESIDES the Trulife "Airflow" collar and the "AM PLUGS" and "Glenross" dental expanders?

What are those six "FORK" Looking things on the bottom and what were used for the "SPIKES" and the "WHEELS" on the collar?

ANYONE? ANYONE? Bueller? Bueller? :D

That is awesome! When I do my vader reveal I'm planning on having a breathing effect thing and a voice modulator! I think I'm gonna attempt to hide the microphone(s) in the "nutrient feeder tube thingies"! Maybe stick a speaker of some kind at the chin vent.
YEP! That is EXACTLY What I plan to do as well! For now I just have it Velcroed the inside padding part. but it SUCH a close fit inside it pics up VERY Nicely!

Also I saw a YouTube video that shows a guy using some kind of "Transducers" mounted under his Armor, two at each corner and hooked to his "Breather Effect" unit. He also did something similar with his Voice Changer too. These are very low profile transducers used like speakers. I have a cheap speaker in mine for now until I can get the transducers.

YEP! That is EXACTLY What I plan to do as well! For now I just have it Velcroed the inside padding part. but it SUCH a close fit inside it pics up VERY Nicely!

Also I saw a YouTube video that shows a guy using some kind of "Transducers" mounted under his Armor, two at each corner and hooked to his "Breather Effect" unit. He also did something similar with his Voice Changer too. These are very low profile transducers used like speakers. I have a cheap speaker in mine for now until I can get the transducers.
Awesome!!

Was it this guy?

Awesome!!

Was it this guy?
Well HERE is the link to the "Transducers"

And HERE is the link for the Guy on YouTube.

It's SO COOL because it used the CHEAST ARMOR as the "SPEAKER"! VERY Awesome!

Well HERE is the link to the "Transducers"

And HERE is the link for the Guy on YouTube.

It's SO COOL because it used the CHEAST ARMOR as the "SPEAKER"! VERY Awesome!
Ah, he would be been my second guess. I've seen videos from both of them.

Ah, he would be been my second guess. I've seen videos from both of them.
Yea he has ALOT of GREAT Tips and Tricks for DV Costumes AND Trooping if you decide to join a 501st Unit! I guess BECAUSE Darth Vader is SO Popular, most units have a shortage of DVers to go out because he is in SUCH High Demand! ESPECIALLY with Kids! :D

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back