My Rocketeer Cosplay

mydutchtouch

This was an enjoyable experience; over a year of work but more than twenty-seven years of dreaming. On a birthday party trip to see Disney’s The Rocketeer in 1991, I was captivated by not only the movie, but the design of the props, vehicles, and sets. I've been enjoying wearing the full costume now and also have loved the process of saddle stitching leather for the harness, and the gauntlets. The pack is the Cirrus X3 one from MIM. Video of the costume: https://youtu.be/wTH56UXMbPA

DSC00817-brown.jpg.jpegDSC00820-brown.jpg.jpegE7D6D172-CD56-49C6-ACD3-5A37B690876C.jpeg32ACF8D4-2C95-4DDE-8D26-DD2E4D4F931E.jpegPack.jpegFront.jpg

Last edited:
Wow—that’s a super accurate costume; VERY nice!

I always loved the explanation for jodhpers from “Hot Hots”: “Many of you are wondering ‘what’s wrong with my pants’. Well, they started running short of material right before they got to the knees...”

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Alley! My pack is meant to emulate the 'hero' pack from the movie as much as possible. That jodhpurs explanation is great as well. I've actually got to buy a better pair someday soon.

No problem Valor. The jacket was the Rocketeer jacket made by AbbyShot in Newfoundland, Canada 10 years ago. Extremely high quality. I am adding the leather eulots (shoulder straps) and snaps this week.

Boots are leather cavalry boots. But not as authentic as I'd like so looking to upgrade.

Gauntlets are leather from an old jacket, stitched by me.

Pants are a large khaki pant that I had made into jodhpurs. They look pretty good, but could be upgraded to more accurate real jodhpurs.

The gloves underneath are WWI accurate leather gloves from Abbyshot again. Amazing quality for $13. https://www.abbyshot.com/products/associate-gloves?variant=1089412172

Very nice costume for sure...there's always ways to make it more screen accurate (as you've mentioned), take your time: this hobby is addictive;)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back