My quick and dirty PKE Meter for Halloween

Utinni

Sr Member
After 10 years of Ghostbusting, I FINALLY decided to knock out a quick and dirty PKE Meter for Halloween this year. I borrowed a set of molds from Venkman71, not sure if Sean made it or if it's Volguus's old mold, and if it is... Ken my man, it's still kickin' out AWESOME pulls! I only had about 1 week to make this and with the Mattel PKE coming out as well as my time limit, I didn't see the point in buying a light kit, I also have NO clue about electronics, so setting up servos is not something I think I can tackle at the moment.

So I picked up a really cool miniature x-mas tree at Michael's that had high intensity White LEDs in it. I tore the sucker apart, looked at the wiring and broke out my old soldering iron and jumped right in. I was able to re-wire the LEDs without any major problems and set up the wing lights as well as a couple for the screen.

YouTube - utinni619's Channel

With my limited time, I went with the K.I.S.S. process- Keep It Simple Stupid.
http://www.youtube.com/user/utinni619#p ... Yukf8PRQVE

The LED wires are a little too stiff so I've had problems with the wings going all the way back down without pushing them in. I know I'm missing some detail parts, and the screen kinda sucks but it'll work for 1 night!

- Jeff

Thanks guys!

how did you do the mechanism to move the wings?!
The 1st video kinda shows how I did it. I put a hook at the top point of the PKE then put pins in the wings, 1 to pivot and the other I attached those tiny strong rubberbands used for hair, that I stole from my GF :lol

I cut a channel in the handle of the PKE and ran a brass rod up to the rubberbands to pull them. Easy, simple and low tech!

- Jeff

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back