Haslab Ghost Trap & PKE Meter

EB Games Aus got back to me:
"We are unable to ship to any overseas destinations. In regards to NZ having this available, we are still working things out with Hasbro NZ for confirmation, but at this time it is only available for Australia."

So that leaves the door open a little. Interesting that he said they're "working things out with Hasbro NZ" as I had assumed that EB just bought the products directly from the HasLab page the same way everybody else does and then resold them, essentially second hand but new.

Wow, they got that up quickly. I think I may just pull the trigger on this and not think about the price too much :sick:

EB Games Aus got back to me:
"We are unable to ship to any overseas destinations. In regards to NZ having this available, we are still working things out with Hasbro NZ for confirmation, but at this time it is only available for Australia."

So that leaves the door open a little. Interesting that he said they're "working things out with Hasbro NZ" as I had assumed that EB just bought the products directly from the HasLab page the same way everybody else does and then resold them, essentially second hand but new.
The reselllers like EB actually source them from Hasbro not just buying off the site. I believe the purchase is still included in HasLabs targets for the crowdfund but they are sources directly. I actually got my Nerf Pulse Rifle about a week and a half before any HasLab backers received there’s. It was wild.
EB Games NZ has them on their site now for $850 NZD.
Wow. I think that works out to be even more of a markup than the Aussie site is charging.

Yep. $US300 is $NZ509, which leaves $NZ309 for shipping and profit margin. That equates to $AU283 - $53 difference.

You're in luck, that will indeed be the case:

Very cool. Love that there’s room in the trap for a smoke machine as well. I vaguely recall buying one several years ago to upgrade a Spirit trap that I never finished. Hopefully it’s still sitting in a box somewhere.
Super impressed that Hasbro are listening to fans and making fixes and improvements. From my experience with Hasbo/Takara in the Transformers market, they aren’t usually anywhere near this receptive to feedback so this is a big and welcome surprise.

Hey everyone. I'm new to paying attention to Ghostbusters replicas. How do these ghost traps hold up to the screen used props? What things are different from the props, if anything?

To give you an idea of what I'm asking, I tend to get replicas that claim to be exact duplicates of the originals and then as I look at the details closer find out there are things wildly different. Then I tend to modify them to bring them more in line with screen-accurate. Would I need to make any such modifications to these ghost traps?

Hey everyone. I'm new to paying attention to Ghostbusters replicas. How do these ghost traps hold up to the screen used props? What things are different from the props, if anything?

To give you an idea of what I'm asking, I tend to get replicas that claim to be exact duplicates of the originals and then as I look at the details closer find out there are things wildly different. Then I tend to modify them to bring them more in line with screen-accurate. Would I need to make any such modifications to these ghost traps?

The Proton Pack Hasbro made was a great looking item, but plenty of people made modifications to it to make it more accurate. Specifically, on the Pack there were cables that had electrical tape wrapped around it, on Hasbro's version, it was one entire molded piece, so people replaced it with actual cable, and wrapped their own tape around it. There were other improvements of that nature. You can read through the other thread to get a sense of it

I think the answer to your question is, if you enjoy modifying things and improving them, this is right up your alley. But if you only buy movie-accurate things and don't like finding inaccuracies, this is not for you.

I don't think Hasbro is claiming this as an exact duplicate, it's really a toy, more than anything. Hasbro is a toy company, not a prop replica company. However, they are much more trust-worthy than some person making molds in their garage, stating this is cast from a "first-gen screen-used prop."

The Proton Pack Hasbro made was a great looking item, but plenty of people made modifications to it to make it more accurate. Specifically, on the Pack there were cables that had electrical tape wrapped around it, on Hasbro's version, it was one entire molded piece, so people replaced it with actual cable, and wrapped their own tape around it. There were other improvements of that nature. You can read through the other thread to get a sense of it

I think the answer to your question is, if you enjoy modifying things and improving them, this is right up your alley. But if you only buy movie-accurate things and don't like finding inaccuracies, this is not for you.

I don't think Hasbro is claiming this as an exact duplicate, it's really a toy, more than anything. Hasbro is a toy company, not a prop replica company. However, they are much more trust-worthy than some person making molds in their garage, stating this is cast from a "first-gen screen-used prop."
Thanks for the response. Okay, so is there a replica I should be searching for? For example, I mostly focus on the Captain America shield prop. I know they made so many variations of the shield for the films that there is no one true standard shield. But the most ideal replica someone could have purchased was the Marvel Masterworks shield. Is there a Ghostbusters trap equivalent to a Masterworks replica?

Thanks for the response. Okay, so is there a replica I should be searching for? For example, I mostly focus on the Captain America shield prop. I know they made so many variations of the shield for the films that there is no one true standard shield. But the most ideal replica someone could have purchased was the Marvel Masterworks shield. Is there a Ghostbusters trap equivalent to a Masterworks replica?
Depends on what variation you’re looking for. The Haslab will probably be the closest to what we’ll see in Frozen Empire.

While the Haslab proton pack was awesome but needed some mods, a lot of ghostbusters “purists” didn’t like it because it wasn’t a 1984 pack.

The matty trap was the standard for an out of the box collectible ghost trap. Best guess is that the Haslab trap will be better quality and closer to a real life prop rather than just some molded plastic. Hard to speculate as this point because we don’t know what the production model will actually turn out like, but most opinions is that the Haslab trap will be the new standard

I'm more interested in adding a ghost trap to my replica collection. Not so much interested in a PKE meter. But it comes with the set. So, not much to do about that. Anyway, now that I'm looking at the description more closely I see the bullet points:

- Ghostbusters to Ghostbusters 2 Aesthetic Conversion
- Ghostbusters, Ghostbusters 2, and Ghostbusters: Afterlife Modes

Can you tell me more about these? What aesthetics are different between the GB and GB2 traps? And the modes I don't even understand what that means.

I'm more interested in adding a ghost trap to my replica collection. Not so much interested in a PKE meter. But it comes with the set. So, not much to do about that. Anyway, now that I'm looking at the description more closely I see the bullet points:

- Ghostbusters to Ghostbusters 2 Aesthetic Conversion
- Ghostbusters, Ghostbusters 2, and Ghostbusters: Afterlife Modes

Can you tell me more about these? What aesthetics are different between the GB and GB2 traps? And the modes I don't even understand what that means.
On the trap, for instance, the rods on the sides can be swapped between red and silver (BG1 / GB2). You can also move the relay on the pedal from the top to the front. As for the modes, I suspect it will be mostly the sounds the trap plays.

It's always the way... the last unlock is the one I want most, and were cutting it close. We need about 125 people a day to sign up to make it...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back