My Prop Collection-New addition Oct 15 2019 and New Display

Stencil

Sr Member
First off, this forum is awesome. My interactions here have been fantastic, and I've officially become addicted. My interactions here have been wonderful, and I'm always excited to see new threads pop up.

So here's my little collection. Basically two ikea cabinents filled with some items I've collected over the years. Luckily, I've been able to buy things from some of the best (Magnoli), and I'm always eager to the add to my collection. I apologize for the pictures as I didn't really spend a ton of time prepping the shots and some aren't the best.

So thanks for looking and any comments would be fantastic. I'll add pics as more props keep coming in. Any questions about anything, just shoot. Thanks again for making me feel very welcome here!

I think all the props should be pretty evident except the suit jacket. That is a stage worn jacked by Dicky Barrett of the Mighty Mighty Bosstones. He pulled me up on stage and gave it to me. Pretty awesome.

Mike

Last edited:
Re: My Prop Collection

Great collection you have there. I admire everyone who posts theirs, as I am too embarassed to show mine since it is always an unorganized mess. Not to mention, I don't have that many cool items since funds are not always abundant.

But awesome stuff!! I can't wait to watch the collection grow as you post.

Thanks! I think one of the coolest parts of seeing everyone's collections is seeing which movies that they have props from and thinking, "Man that would be cool to have." I know I've absolutely enjoyed seeing other people's collections here so I thought I'd share too.

On a side note, I had to totally clean up my movie room before I was able to take those pictures. We had some changes happening in our house, and it had started to be a storage room. Can't have that! Thanks again.

I love it! Very nicely displayed. I agree its fun to see which movies people collect from. I also think its pretty neat that MOST of us have at least a handful of the same items! What's a collection without some Ghostbusters, Terminator and Indiana Jones sprinkled in!? P.S. Where are your Back to the Future items? :lol

Thanks for sharing!

lol. Thanks for checking out my props, and good question. I actually love the BTTF movies, but I just haven't been in the position to get anything. I lovingly admire the hoverboards from time to time though. Hopefully I'll get a chance to add some items at some point:)

GREAT props & layout !

As said above, I too love to see prop room threads. The way you have made the dark lighting is ever so cool :cool . It's not easy to achieve that effect with a 'dark' ambience, and you pulled it off nicely :thumbsup :thumbsup

Thanks for the compliments. I know I watch your thread Alan and take note off all the awesome things that you have in your collection so it's cool to share mine here too. Hopefully one day, I'll have a bit more money to add things over time. It's a start though. Thanks!

New additions!! So now I'm just waiting for the Everlasting Gobstopper to complete the collection. Of course I'm 38th on the list, but I got my fingers crossed.

Nice collection! I don't have a collection of anything..

Hang in there and be patient, your collection will gradually grow. Also... search for Jedifyfe's thread on "how to grow your collection". He gives good advice on how to grow with little money.

Dude, where did you get the moose glass. I was just thinking about them last night!

I've seen a couple websites but if you (or anyone) can recomend where to get them.

Thanks for the great compliments! I also agree with Moviefreak about starting a collection. Jedifyfe's thread is a good read, and it helps to know that it takes time. I have pretty much limited funds, but over time I've been able to build this up.

I got my moose glass from Ebay, and I can't remember exactly which seller. It's glass not acrylic, but they are on Ebay pretty regularly, and they aren't overly expensive. Thanks for looking!

New Addition and it's big enough that I've had to rearrange my shelves for it. I decided to not put the diorama up because I don't have six feet of room, but maybe one day. So to quote:

He's a sailor, he's in New York; we get this guy laid, we won't have any trouble.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back