My P2 Hero

Keith

Sr Member
Hi,

I was/am a member here for many years, but i could not remember my details and old email address to log in again, so i started a new account.
Anyway, here is my P2 hero i converted from the stunt.

The changes that were made are as follows:
Larger, wider dome. (job done by heating the resin, no filler).
Larger target hole area.
Rim runs all the way around the eyes, not just the sides and bottom of the eyes like the stunt.
More pronounced brow with added detail in the center.
Flatter nose.
"paw print" removed from nose.
Nose bridge built up higher and added angled corners to it.
Different texture on the dome, brow and nose.
More pronounced cheeks.
Large under chin section added and with 5 air holes drilled.

dscf7341.jpg

dscf7344t.jpg

dscf7343.jpg

dscf7346.jpg

dscf7347g.jpg

dscf7351.jpg

dscf7358t.jpg

dscf7359n.jpg

Here is my stunt helmet:
dscf6980r.jpg

Keith.

Here are some pics of the first casting. Its only been rough trimmed at this point:

dscf7386.jpg

dscf7390.jpg

dscf7378g.jpg

dscf7379i.jpg

Here is the mold:
dscf7400n.jpg

Another one inside ready for fiberglassing:
dscf7404i.jpg

Keith.

People been talking about this helmet then?

By mistake i missed the lumps under the target hole, so i will have to sculpt those onto my casting.

Keith.

Nice looking bio!  There has been some debate as to the most accurate P2 hero as of late.  Can't wait to see it painted.

Brian

Well...just had a look around and found that debate. I see why you said my ears must have been burning.
Apparently those lumps i said i missed under the target hole was not a mistake on my part, it was "laziness"!!!

It will take me an hour to sort that out with some body filler or bondo as you call it in the U.S. Its not even worth me adding it to the master and remolding it again it will be that simple to add on later.

Keith.

I really don't think its laziness mate. I would have probably left them as they are myself. You really can't tell to well from the screen used hero pictures I think. As I said in the previous post the only change I would have made was to make the nose piece a bit wider. The Hero one is a bit fatter over all. So yeah anyway, its kinda funny that you would choose to come back on here now while this talk is going on lol. I think you did a smashing job on it mate.  (y)

Not at all. The stunt I used to convert it was mine. I used to sell them sell them around 10 years ago.

Keith.

That is a really nice mold!

The helmet is very nice as well.

Would you mind putting a tape measure to the helmet, in inches if you can manage? Just curious about dimensions. I have a P2 stunt that is so tiny and I am not happy with it. Have been shopping around for a new P2. 

What was your old board name?

I have added the lumps under the target hole. I'm now looking for a vacuum metalizing company here in Manchester, but I'm not having much luck finding one so far.

Keith.

keith_276 said:
I have added the lumps under the target hole. I'm now looking for a vacuum metalizing company here in Manchester, but I'm not having much luck finding one so far.

Keith.
Keith Have you looked into Alclad 2 lacquer? I'm going to try it on my next P2 Bio. It's a very realistic metallizer paint, You have to shoot it through an air brush as a fine mist over a very shiny base coat. There's lots of vids on youtube. It does a VERY convincing chrome. It's how they did the T-800  Terminator chrome look. But they do Gold and bronze as well.

I think this Guy nailed it on this C-3PO costume.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9Sluyaph8M

The thing that's always put me off using alclad is the durability of it. I want to be able to handle the mask and clean it without having to worry about damaging the paint.

Keith.

keith_276 said:
The thing that's always put me off using alclad is the durability of it. I want to be able to handle the mask and clean it without having to worry about damaging the paint.

Keith.
That's the reason I haven't used it either.  I have a buddy who loves the stuff but he just applies it and puts the piece in a display case.  There are other options out there that do a reasonable job without dumping a ton of money into it.  

Brian

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back