My P1 project

Thanks guy's, a good comment keeps the sculpting going

For the moment I'm making the mold out of ceramic plaster, should be done by tomorrow evening.

So, here is the first pull af the backarmor.

On the pics you can see that there is a small default on the gun mount. A few of us know that is some leftovers from the clay that I could not get from the mold by hand.

With the first pull, I got the mold cleaned also.

Tomorrow I'll start trimming and painting it.

The whole set comes with real leather straps.

ScreenShot249.jpg

After checking a lot of reference pics drom this part, I found out that there are some different variations. Some are smooth and semetric, some are rough and asemetric.
I made it somewhere in between.

ScreenShot250.jpg

You can see that it is displayed on a mannekin but still it has got the correct size because it goes over the right shoulder. When you wear it, it comes not that far just like it must be on the original suit.

ScreenShot251.jpg

The medkit is foamfilled in the mold, just like the gun mount. (Note the small default on the top of the gun mount due the clay leftovers)

ScreenShot252.jpg

The chestarmor is the second pull, the first went to Silenthunter.

ScreenShot249.jpg

ScreenShot250.jpg

ScreenShot251.jpg

ScreenShot252.jpg

Danke, mein Freund

and thanks guy's for the good comments.

And I'll put this also in the "for sale section" when it's painted and ready to wear.

I don't want to take away your confidence but I had to come a long way before I ended up sculpting and casting armor parts.

In the beginning you'll see that the result is just crap and that is the hard part... To keep going on with bad results.

After some time you get better and better.

I had done nothing in my life with sculpting and casting and now I make armor parts just like I want them to be.

And I'm only doing this for about 2 years now.

So the point is... PRACTICE :)

Painted the second pull of the computer gaunt. There is only a small "default" in this pull on the right side (on the picture) but I'm using this one on my suit because it's hard to see when it's around the arm.

ScreenShot266.jpg

ScreenShot265.jpg

ScreenShot266.jpg

ScreenShot265.jpg

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back