My New Star Wars Home Theater - Death Star Hangar

Wow just found this and it's amazing! My SO is into sound and I'm into neat stuff like this, so we've agreed when we get a house to make an entertainment room like this! Thanks for giving us inspiration!! Subscribing and impatiently waiting for more!!!

Thank you!

I wanted to work on the control panel today, I've been real busy so I decided not to spend a lot of time on this. It's not one of my best attempts, I only put about 2 hours into it. I just wanted to hammer it out as it's one of the last remaining pieces. After this I just need to finish the front wall and ceiling pipes.

Panel.JPG

So I started with a piece of MDF and cut holes for the buttons and the pipe connector.

IMG_0750.JPG

Painted the whole thing red, painted the pipe pieces a silver metallic, and I took some scraps of styrene and cut and painted them gloss black. I used a piece of leftover plexiglass and cut it for the top, then outlined that piece in some pin striping tape.

IMG_0756.JPG

I had some scrap rubber runner material left over from another project so I decided to use that inside the pipe.

IMG_0768.JPG

IMG_0767.JPG

Since I rushed this, I made a couple of mistakes. I meant to cut a piece of styrene just an inch or so smaller than the MDF to use as a second base, but forgot. So instead I just added a few pieces of styrene as accent pieces. I also forgot to Dremel out the center nub in the pipe, so I had to run runner pieces on either side. Oh well, that's what happens when you rush.

I used arcade game replacement buttons and back lit them with LEDs.

IMG_0764.JPG

So ultimately, I was going for this:

panel2.jpg

But for under $12, ended up with this:

IMG_0766.JPG

And here it is in the room:

IMG_0771.JPG

I think it looks great, adds to the feel of the room. And since it's not a prominant piece, most won't know I had to cut a few corners.

Last edited:
Had a little extra time today and yesterday so I decided to make some quick detail pieces out of Sterilite containers and leftover hose. I didn't get too involved with these, just added some greeblies from my "Star Wars parts bin" and put in a few LEDs. I'm also going to add some alien symbols to dress it up a little. I have one more small bin and another smaller piece of hose to add. I have to do something with the front doors of the media cabinet as well and this piece will be about done.

box4.JPG

box5.JPG

box6.JPG

box7.JPG

box3.JPG

box1.JPG

On another note, I was thinking about ideas for the front wall. I want to change it up a little, so this is a very rude interpretation of what I want to do. Too much $$ to hire someone with more airbrushing skills than me, so I'll have to wing it.

Theater Wall Idea.jpg

If I can somehow pull this off, I think it'll look sweet. Let's see how it goes.

VERY impressive!

Love to learn more on your Vader and Fett.

Vader thread lacks pics now, but did you mod the Vader costume at all?

Thank you.

Yeah, unfortunately many of my pics were lost when I changed web providers, still trying to reload all those photos. Sad to say it, but my Vader is a Rubies Supreme. I scored it on eBay for $395.00 a few years ago which I think is a steal. I put zero modifications into this with the exception of bulking up under the shoulder armor. At the time I was just wanting a Vader for my room without breaking the bank. Although quality and screen accuracy were compromised for cost, the presentation in my theater room is fantastic.

As for Fett, I documented that build many years ago over on TDH. Boba was my first ever attempt at not only a prop, but a lifesized one. I started him in 2006 and he took me a few months to complete (yes, I know, many people take years!). I forget where I got the helmet, I think on eBay, so it was nothing great. The cod piece is Bobamaker, the gauntlets are Ruffkin Toy, no idea who made the jetpack (got that from another member). I custom created the chest, shoulder, and knee armor, ammo belt, girth belt, and shoes. I made the wookie braids out of hanging plant pot holders from Walmart and my mom helped sew the flight suit and vest. I painted everything except the cod piece. Like I mentioned, this was my first ever attempt so it is riddled with inaccuracies. My "to do" list includes updating many of these pieces. When I built this I was a total noob, but it blows my non-Star Wars friends away because they are completely ignorant when it comes to details.

Last edited:
Are those original figures or recards? They look amazing

Thank you. Original figures on reproduction cards; and I ABSOLUTELY love looking at them every day. I recarded them all myself. Seeing them like that again in the packages brings back great memories of when I was a kid. No greater way IMHO to display them!

Last edited:
wow man, this just gets better and better. I love the new greeblies and the what you are doing on the front wall is great! Awesome room!!!

On another note, I was thinking about ideas for the front wall. I want to change it up a little, so this is a very rude interpretation of what I want to do. Too much $$ to hire someone with more airbrushing skills than me, so I'll have to wing it.

View attachment 496869

If I can somehow pull this off, I think it'll look sweet. Let's see how it goes.

If you´d be/ would have been able to give this a little more depth (think of it like a huge shadowbox), you could mount SS models to this wall...THAT would be awesome and surely a nice "effect" ;)

p.s: I am envy ;)

Markus

If you´d be/ would have been able to give this a little more depth (think of it like a huge shadowbox), you could mount SS models to this wall...THAT would be awesome and surely a nice "effect" ;)

p.s: I am envy ;)

Markus

One step ahead of you. I actually bought some old Action Fleet ships and tested adding those to the wall. The problem is they won't fit behind the screen, but I still might add them to the sides. I even thought about using the smaller scale die cast series. Still not sure if I want to go that route, but thinking about it.

This is amazing work, and I was about to paint the spare bedroom white with a hint of pink.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back