My New Star Wars Home Theater - Death Star Hangar

Thanks for the input. I still have to move my 6 Ikea Detolf cases in the room along with my 8 lifesized figures, so that will affect the sound as well. I just need to get everything into the room, which I hope to have done this week.
It will be interesting to know if those cases rattle or not. The only thing I have had fall down due to the rumbles of my sub-woofers was a 1/12 scale clear Predator. I currently have all my 6" black series stuff set up on the one of the sub-woofers and none have fallen over yet.

I know why you are moving the Ikea cases in there, just smooth glass surfaces are not the best for a HT. How many do you have and can you spread them out? Yes your 1:1 props should diffuse sound and maybe even absorb some. Maybe if possible you can place a 1:1 between two of the cases to reduce the larger areas of reflective glass.

Trying to finish this up, but its been a slow week. One of my original ideas was to build a DVD rack into the wall, but it just wasn't going to work like I had envisioned, so I went with plan B. I found a hanging garage wall cabinet and figured it would work just fine. I added a third shelf so I have plenty of DVD space. I didn't get carried away with the my AV components either, just went with a simple cabinet. I wanted to tie the two together, so I took a trip to Lowe's and bought about $50 in plumbing and irrigation supplies.

Fuel.JPG

After messing around with some ideas, this is what I came up with.

Fuel3.JPG

It's nothing specific, just trying to sell the theme and bridge the gap between the two pieces. I made a little fuel window with a water bottle, some yellow food dye, and a tiny bit of milk to make it a little cloudy. I also added four yellow LEDs to the bottom of the bottle, a solid red, a blinking red, and a solid green to the front, and a switch to the side of the pipe for more effect.

Fuel2.JPG

Fuel1.JPG

I'm not done with this yet, still have a few other ideas to finish on it, but wanted to show the progress. I'll likely end up painting it all black and maybe add some labels. I'm thinking about doing the fuel window to the overhead pipes when I get to that point, that was my original idea anyway when I thought of it. It was also nice to finally get a few of the cabinets moved up.

Last edited:
Also going to try this:

panel2.jpg

With this and some left over plexiglass:

Panel.JPG

Not going to spend a lot of time on this, but wanted to give it a shot.

Also going to try this:

View attachment 489153

With this and some left over plexiglass:

View attachment 489154

Not going to spend a lot of time on this, but wanted to give it a shot.

Keep coming back to this thread and I'm never disappointed. This addition is the cats pajamas. This is really making want to do the garage conversion to a home theater I've been contemplating for a couple of years now.

I'd love to see a build thread on this latest addition. I know nothing about electronics!

This is cool. How many you going to make?

Whilst I like your "plumbing" idea, I am not sure you are going to want extra light in the room during a screening, so hope it has an easy to access OFF switch.

Just making one, and yes, the fuel cell has a switch to turn it on and off. Runs off one 9v battery.

Keep coming back to this thread and I'm never disappointed. This addition is the cats pajamas. This is really making want to do the garage conversion to a home theater I've been contemplating for a couple of years now.

I'd love to see a build thread on this latest addition. I know nothing about electronics!

Thanks! The electronics I use are simple, just LEDs with a resistor and one 9v battery. I used about 40 LEDs on my HIC (will post soon once he's moved into the room). I turn it on when I show people, sometimes for effect I'll leave it on for a while, and the battery lasted a few years. I love working with the LEDs, so easy.

This is really awesome! Looks absolutely perfect. A dream of mine is to one day do this in my house and yours is really fueling my inspiration right now. Just a thought but what about making one of those rounded wall sections and putting your electronics in there?

This is really awesome! Looks absolutely perfect. A dream of mine is to one day do this in my house and yours is really fueling my inspiration right now. Just a thought but what about making one of those rounded wall sections and putting your electronics in there?

Cool idea.....but I was just running out of space, oh, and time and money!

Was able to finish the painting on the pipes and move all the life-sized figures up today. I still need to add a few more details to the media cabinet, I have a few hoses, boxes, and some other misc pieces.

IMG_0669.JPG

Also got most of my cabinets organized, as you can see I am more into the vintage figures and vehicles. I am pretty picky about what I get, definitely want the boxes and they need to be in good shape. I had all these when I was a kid and having them again like this brings back great memories. My figures are all original vintage but obliviously recarded. I'm really glad I did it though, love how they display.

IMG_0668.JPG

IMG_0686.JPG

IMG_0685.JPG

IMG_0694.JPG

IMG_0670.JPG

I didn't realize how much space my lifesize figures would take up when I was building this, kind of a shame that so much of the walls are covered, but I think it still looks great.

IMG_0672.JPG

IMG_0674.JPG

IMG_0673.JPG

IMG_0679.JPG

IMG_0676.JPG

IMG_0677.JPG

IMG_0678.JPG

IMG_2728.JPG

IMG_0698.JPG

IMG_0683.JPG

I still need to make the red wall control panel, so I'm real close to being done. I'm also working on a lifesize Alec Guinness EPIV Obi and a Sandtrooper.

Oh, and what theater doesn't have a snack bar!

IMG_0681.JPG

Last edited:
Still not sure what I'm going to do with the front wall, I'd love to blow this photo up and stick it behind the screen.

MF.jpg

I did add the Endor moon to the wall though.

Looking very nice! Just be sure to re-run your audio calibration again now that everything is in its place.

This screening room was a great idea, it is going to bring you years of joy I'm sure. I think it's really awesome that the life sized characters are right next to the screen.

Your candy selection is second to none.

Not much time to work on this lately, but I wanted to move forward with the front wall. It's still a ways from done, but I decided to print out some images myself rather than spend the extra money. I used self-adhesive sheets, found some images on-line, and printed them myself. Not perfect, but saved a boat load of money.

IMG_0734.JPG

IMG_0736.JPG

Wow just found this and it's amazing! My SO is into sound and I'm into neat stuff like this, so we've agreed when we get a house to make an entertainment room like this! Thanks for giving us inspiration!! Subscribing and impatiently waiting for more!!!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back