My new kitbashing site

jcoffman99

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello all,

With Art's permission, I'd like to announce a my new site that hopefully will be a collection for all things kitbashing.

scifikitbash.com

Many of us have used StudioScaleModelers as our reference site for years. Unfortunately, it's not as active as it once was. My fear is that someday that reference will disappear. Also, some of the those kits scans are over 10 years old and camera tech has come a long way since then.

One thing I think you'll like about the site is pics load in Fancybox which is similar to what is used here. No more opening a pic in a new tab. Plus you can zoom in on a pic just by clicking the area you want to investigate.

I hope this will be a community where we can all share and help one another out. I really want this to be a place where all feel welcome regardless of their skill level or any personality "quirks" Let's face it, all modelers have something wrong with them. :)

I'd also like to thank swgeek and StudioKitbash for not only their constant willingness to help when it comes to part IDs, but also their advice and suggestions while I set this up.

I hope you like it, and if you have any thoughts or suggestions, please feel free to reach out.

Thanks,
John

Last edited:
LOVE the idea of pics you can move around and Zoom in on -- my "old man's eyes" really need this, even though I'm only 53! Looks like a great resource, esp. when I could never "get in" to Studio Scale Modelers due to either technical difficulties, the wrong browser, or other never-quite-fully-understood reasons.

One thing that will be helpful. On the kitscans if people could post the different Studio models the kit was used on in the comments under the scan. I tried to get that going on SSM, but it never really took off. When I'm deciding to buy a pricey kit, it helps to know it was used on several different models. I know I'm cheap, can't help it. If I could live without electricity and internet, I'd be Amish, lol.

One thing that will be helpful. On the kitscans if people could post the different Studio models the kit was used on in the comments under the scan. I tried to get that going on SSM, but it never really took off. When I'm deciding to buy a pricey kit, it helps to know it was used on several different models. I know I'm cheap, can't help it. If I could live without electricity and internet, I'd be Amish, lol.
That’s something I want to do too.

Thanks bwayne.

As folks add kits, I'll create folders for the different scales and place them in there.

Let's load it up. :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back