My Iron Man Mark VI (pics + Video on pg4)

Re: My Iron Man Mark VI (pics)

yer i see what you mean about the sagging. I haven't used any support pieces yet. I'll had them when i'm close to fibre glassing.

My aimt is to get it done by Halloween but i don't think i will :( I enjoying going out too much lol

omg then youshould hurry up and start fiberglass/bondo your stuff man ...it can take long time

Just a quick update guys.

I've finished the suit in card and i've already started Fiberglassing. This is all new to me, i've never done anything like this before but its fun :) Pics below:

81197649.jpg

My Kitchen is covered in Iron Man pieces at the moment lol

82583400.jpg

Thats awesome work!! I have just started a mk vii and working through, but your pep work looks way better than mine!!! lol
Speaking of which.....back to the scissors and knife we go!! lol

Nice update. I like how you inlay pictures in pictures. The Pep looks good and fiberglassing should be fun! I suggest adding some supports to large pieces to help them keep their shape. good job so far!

man.... you shouldn't fiberglass at home it is a lot dangerous since you are apllying it to your whole suit !
its bad stuff and it doesn't smell awesome :/

I have Fiberglass resined the outside of the whole suit. I have also used Fiberglass matt tissue and resin on the inside of the whole suit. (The suit is rock solid)

Looks like i'm ready to get on with the body filler.

Heres a few pics:

44943601.jpg

I have also found some Electric LED Head lamps from the £1 shop. I bought 2 of them and installed the electrics into my Foam Gauntlets. It fits perfectly!! I nearly blinded myself they are so bright:

66396504.jpg

My house stinks of Fiberglass at the moment. Obviously i've trying to keep the stuff outside as much as possible but the rain is making me bring the pieces indoors.

58908317.jpg

That looks awesome. Love the pep work. I have wanted to invest in some pep work, but just can't get it right. Very nice job.

I simply love de effort and work that you put in this.

Remindes.....me.....and my MarkVI suit :) but i'm a few steps back.
When i have a few more pep pieces i will my first topic here at RPF forum :)

Keep the fantastic work and.....keep posting photos because they are a boost to me and others ;-) work ;-)

Keep it up man! You'll definitely make it before Halloween! (If you're still aiming for that of course XD)
I've seen all these different foam builds around so I thought "Hmm maybe foam is the way" but after seeing all this, I think I'll stick with my cardstock / pepakura!

Well done!

Looks better then mine so far...im struggling like hell with some of the intricate bits around the eyes :( Its soooo damn small!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back