My Iron Man Mark VI (pics + Video on pg4)

Shakeitdavey

Finished Suit on Page 5

Hi guys,

I'm a big fan of this site and i've been viewing threads on here a long time so i thought i'd might aswell sign up.

I'm in the process of making an Iron Man Mark6 suit out of Card. I'll then fiber glass it, body filler it, paint it then add the electronics.

I'm having great fun building it and i can't wait to get it finished.
My little nephew loves Iron Man so i can't wait to show him once its done.

Anyway, here are a few pics of where i'm up to at the moment. More pics coming soon.

46503410150827071203414.jpg

47720110150827066573414.jpg

29005510150871884988414.jpg

Cheers,
Davey :)

Last edited:
Re: My Iron Man Mark VI (pics)

Nice Pep work. I tried this method but I was totally unhappy with my results. But you seem to really have a knack for it. Can't wait to see the final results!

Really!? Did you go for the foam route?
I wanted to use foam but it seemed easier goin down the road route.
Any tops for using fiberglass/body filler?

im working on the paper version, to. So far i have everything build..yet to do any hardening. But kinda confused on how it all fits, like the ceast, the back and themiddle peice i get that kinda, but the shoulders are odd...so confused, oh and not to mension the abbs.

Looks good man, I just finished a foam build and am keen to do a fiberglass build like yours. I'll keep following your progress!

Cheers for the comments guys! I've actually just bought a mannequin to help me fit the suit together. At least this way i can see if there are any gaps when the suit is put together etc.

Plus, when i'm not wearing the suit, i'll have a nice 6ft Iron man in my Living Room standing there :D

My mannequin arrived today so i put what i've made so far onto it
PLEASE NOTE that i've just added the elbow piece under the chin of the helmet just to keep it balance lol

ironmanf.jpg

Last edited:

Quick Update:

I've finished the Upper half of the suit in card. Can't wait to get it Fibre glassed but i want to finish the whole suit before i do that.

Let me know what you think so far! :)

ironmanupperbody.jpg

Would love some feedback! Cheers!

Hey man, nice work with your suit!

I am currently building it as well, and I was wondering, how did you get the 2 shoulder parts together? They are loose parts and I don't really see how I can join them.....

Looking amazing! I wanna do a pep build after my foam suit, you are somewhat of an inspiration! Keep it up, cant wait to see it done!

Looks really nice! Gotta give credit to the card pep'ers. I still have 3/4 of a full card suit in my garage, it took so long to get that far, then I gave up and turned to foam! Lol

Sent from my BlackBerry 8900 using Tapatalk

Hey man, nice work with your suit!

I am currently building it as well, and I was wondering, how did you get the 2 shoulder parts together? They are loose parts and I don't really see how I can join them.....

I just used tape for now just to get the picture done, but once its fibre glassed, and body fillered i'll just use straps and buckles and glue them on the inside of the shoulders, arms and everyone to keep them in place.

Cheers for the comments guys!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back