My Indy gear: 2007-????

BTTFfan88

I've always been an Indiana Jones fan. In 2007 I was doing some research and found that there's a lot of accurate Indiana Jones costume pieces out there! I started collecting them almost immediately.

Here's what I started out with:

JMKsIndygear1252.jpg

Breakdown:
Hat-Akubra Federation Regular
Jacket-Wested Special Offer ROTLA lambskin
Shirt-What Price Glory
Bag-Costumebase from eBay with Todd's Costumes strap
Belt-local Army surplus
Gun belt/Holster/whip holder-Costumebase
Whip-Adam Winrich's "Indy-on-a-Budget" 8ft 4plait cowhide whip
Pants-Merona Chinos from Target
Boots-Sketchers
Gun-Webley MkIV replica from Western Stage Props

Here are some recent pictures of my Last Crusade gear:

JMKsIndygear937.jpg

JMKsIndygear942.jpg

JMKsIndygear9352.jpg

Breakdown:
Hat-Penman Last Crusade beaver felt fedora
Jacket-Wested Last Crusade goatskin
Shirt-Azuma Last Crusade
Bag-Todd's Costumes with Wade Egan strap
Belt-same
Gun belt-Wade Egan Last Crusade
Holster-Todd's Costumes Webley holster
Whip holder-Todd's Costumes Raiders
Whip-Midland Whips' 8ft 12plait cowhide whip
Pants-cheap eBay replicas
Boots-Todd's Costumes Alden replicas
Gun-Wade Egan Webley WG resin replica (painted by me)

I have since acquired much more accurate pants from Todd's costumes, a whip holder from Wade Egan, and I'm using a Magnoli bag.

I also have a less accurate Raiders set-up. I'm looking into upgrading it soon.

Looks like you have a really great gear collection!
I have a pair of Magnoli's Adventure pants but maybe someday soon I will get Todd's replica pants as they seem to be very good Raiders replicas.
Great photos and thanks for sharing!

I'm pretty sure WPG still sells authentic, vintate MK VII bags - that's where I got mine. It was perfectly faded olive green, I love it! Best part was, it was the same price as the replicas!

I'm pretty sure WPG still sells authentic, vintate MK VII bags - that's where I got mine. It was perfectly faded olive green, I love it! Best part was, it was the same price as the replicas!

that's where I got mine, New Old Stock, in fact, I still need to send it through the wash at least once! Wade Egan makes great straps for these, too btw. That's who I got mine from. :thumbsup

Also BTTFfan88, I recognize you from your pics that you used to post over at The Raven. What's your handle over there? I can't remember anymore.

That's where I got mine. A word of caution, though. The webbing used to hold the strap rings gave out fairly quickly--looked like some sort of dry rot. I did a bunch of research and was able to find some polypropylene webbing that's a close color and weave match that I used for repairs.

Thanks for the compliments. :)

Looks like you have a really great gear collection!
I have a pair of Magnoli's Adventure pants but maybe someday soon I will get Todd's replica pants as they seem to be very good Raiders replicas.
Great photos and thanks for sharing!

A word about Todd's pants. They seem to fit a little tight. Mine are 36x33. I normally wear 35x34 in most pants. Todd's fit me just fine. If you order a pair, I'd suggest ordering a size up in the waist.

Also BTTFfan88, I recognize you from your pics that you used to post over at The Raven. What's your handle over there? I can't remember anymore.

I'm Mr. Fusion at The Raven, COW and the Indy Lounge. I post ever so often at The Raven. I hardly post at COW, though.

that's where I got mine, New Old Stock, in fact, I still need to send it through the wash at least once! Wade Egan makes great straps for these, too btw. That's who I got mine from. :thumbsup
QUOTE]

I got my "Raiders - streets of Cairo" strap from Wade. Incredible quality and fantastic service, highly recommended!

That's where I got mine. A word of caution, though. The webbing used to hold the strap rings gave out fairly quickly--looked like some sort of dry rot. I did a bunch of research and was able to find some polypropylene webbing that's a close color and weave match that I used for repairs.

I wish I knew that before I had to retire my last two original bags because of the webbing falling apart.:cry

I guess it's about time I update this thread. This is the most recent addition my Raiders gear: a Garrison Hatters "Streets of Cairo" fedora.

This is my Marion (my fiance Daiden) and I at Wizard World Con in Nashville, TN (October 2013)

Me with young Indy himself, SPF

Full regalia:

I met Lea Thompson a few months ago at Fanboy in Knoxville, TN. I also met Shatner and Nichelle Nichols. My brother and I got our picture with Nichelle, but Shatner was... more expensive.

Me with Lea Thompson.jpg

Great getup! Ive been thinking of actually working on my Indy outfit for Conventions to make it a bit more accurate lately... This breakdown you listed will help a bit as I try to get a few more pieces in gear before my next convention.

It's been a hot minute since I posted in this thread. With Indy 5 coming out in a few months, I figured I share some updates to my Indy gear.

The only real additions to my "Raiders" setup is a genuine MkVII bag and a pair of Wested boots. I also repainted my Todd's Costumes S&W and used the hot water treatment to shrink my jacket.

20210711_202430.png
20211109_163930.jpg
20210611_205438.jpg

20210616_222637.jpg
20200907_232957.jpg
20210518_224209.jpg

I replaced my old Cooper Disney Parks jacket with a Wested distressed Last Crusade jacket. If I'd waited a few months I could have picked up their newer "hero" version. Live and learn. The first and second photos are of the new Wested jacket and Penman fedora. The last photo is the Cooper jacket and Herbert Johnson Poet.

20210524_132910.jpg
20210524_131201.jpg
20210417_150454.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back