#1 - MKI
#2 - MK3 helmet , MK3 arm
#4 - MK2 helmet CNC , MK3 chest amor , MK35/36 42/43 helmet

-
Instagram:MASTOR_K
Email:kang7026@gmail.com
Facebook:www.facebook.com/mastorkang

-
Hello everyone. I am Master Kang from Beijing China.

I am fascinated by Iron Man since I had watched the movie in 2008. Since then I decided to make an Iron Man suit by myself. Without related working experience and skills, I had spent more than three years to understand the processes of hand working and the related skills. Occasionally, I found the RPF forum and saw a guy named TMP who made an Iron Man Mark III suit. And then I tried to make my own one. Unfortunately, I still didn’t know how to mold the armors, until the end of 2010 when I read an article. It was about a Chinese makeup studio and it inspired me to make a plaster mold of myself. This plaster mold is useful for my works. Meanwhile, I also heard about using EVA materials to make armor. From that time, I started my DIY.

At the very first beginning, I used Iron man movie as a reference to design Mark III helmet. But the martial I used could not keep the required curvature so I turned into designing the Mark I. It was completed by three months. Please check more information on this website My Mark I.
VIDEOS:
My homemade Iron man MK1 costume-2011

My homemade Iron Man MK1 - 2011 -TEST

My homemade Iron Man MK1 - How did i make it - 2011

The VFX team which mainly in charge of my Iron Man I sent me some emails and encouraged me about my work. Luckily, they also gave me some details about Mark I to help me complete my work perfectly. After that, I started to make the Mark III.

Last edited by a moderator:
I spent more than one year to learn how to make a plaster mold of myself and then sculpt on it , so that is where Mark III helmet—electrical open version .My Mark III Helmet, which is not 100% perfect on some details.

VIDEO:

My Homemade IRONMAN MK3 Helmet Automatic Open&Close-2012

How to play my homemade IRONMAN Helmet V6 - 2013

My homemade Iron Man MK3 Amor-Helmet-V9- 2015

Then I have learned sculpture a whole year while I noticed that this method was not good enough. So I gave it up and started using 3D-printing. I started learning 3D modeling. After a-year long learning, I built my first 3d model of Iron man suit and I tried to print them out. The whole processes were really hard but trust me, the 3D-printed ABS was unbelievably tough and I really love the outcome.

- - - Updated - - -

When I was making the electrical part, I found out that the shell had to be adjusted for mobility. In the same year, the right arm has arrived.The whole MK3 plan and The plan was abandoned

VIDEO:

My homemade Iron man MK3 right arm -Full - 2014

My homemade iron man MK3 right arm-Preview - 2014

Dude, LOVE YOUR MARK 1. That things looks amazing. Looks like you know what you are doing. Awesome work....

it has to readjust because of some unreasonable concepts from Iron Man movies series. So I used SLA to print some tiny details and PLA for the main part. At the same time , I tried to use CNC machining, although the shape was not quite satisfactory and it got some flaws .

VIDEO:

My homemade Iron Man MK2 Helmet -CNC-2014-W.I.P

After all those success and failure, I finally got the best solution in order to improve and facilitate my work. By the end of 2014, I completed the chest part in detail.

VIDEO:

My homemade Iron Man MK3-Chest Amor- 2015 -W.I.P

My homemade Iron Man MK35/36 42/43 Amor-Helmet-W.I.P -2015

Just like many other people, I made all these with passion and interest. Although the whole working process is not easy, with the support from my friends and internet followers, I keep on working and improving. And I will keep doing this till all the Iron Man suits are made. And now I hope to share all my works to your guys. Hope you would like it and share with your friends. Comments are welcome. All the suggestion or critics would help me improve my works. If you want to have more information, please check my website:www.wangxiaokang.cn , and please pay more patience if the speed is slow.

Thank u!

Some pics:
67ca7283tw1ed0u13fvmfj20rs15mqea.jpg
67ca7283jw1ea77ipxh8pj217v12mjz1.jpg
67ca7283jw1egniijc243j20hs0hs0v1.jpg

Desktop:
chest5.jpg
chest6.jpg
chest8.jpg
chest9.jpg

Morewww.wangxiaokang.cn
-

67ca7283tw1ed0u13fvmfj20rs15mqea.jpg

67ca7283jw1ea77ipxh8pj217v12mjz1.jpg

67ca7283jw1egniijc243j20hs0hs0v1.jpg

chest5.jpg

chest6.jpg

chest8.jpg

chest9.jpg

I admire this so damn much. I am in love. honestly. have you any plans of releasing the 3d files ready for 3d printing? I have money :D?
As an aspiring whitesmith, this is my dream made reality. Well done sir.

Anything new to show us? I would love to see more. I would like to see how you attach the armor together.I have a suit from a great Artist and it looks just like the Mark 2, I love the chrome look but I'm having a hard time figuring out how to attach all the parts together. It's going to be free standing prop that could be worn if wanted to.Would love mine to do as much as yours but I don't think I have the talent you have. Great stuff.

Last edited:
I saw a video of the suit on facebook a while back and hoped id find out who made it. Easily the best iron man suit I have ever seen, well done!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back