My Harry Potter Wands

Fenris

I just wanted to show off my home-made wands...

elder_wand_by_kacfenris-d72d5l5.jpg

harry_potter_s_wand_by_kacfenris-d72d61l.jpg

hermione_granger_s_wand_by_kacfenris-d72d68o.jpg

ron_weasley_s_wand_by_kacfenris-d72d6fc.jpg

neville_longbottom_s_wand____by_kacfenris-d72d7ef.jpg

draco_malfoy_s_wand_by_kacfenris-d72d72v.jpg

I also have made a couple of Voldemort wands, but I don't have a pic of them where these images are hosted.

My wands have a wood base and the details are sculpted on using epoxy putty.

fenris_wands_by_kacfenris-d72d5az.jpg

Here's a video clip my officemates took a couple of months back. They were fooling around with my wands while they had idle time. I didn't even know this whole thing was going on. Weird that they're holding them like swords instead of wands... Just shows how little they know about the HP universe.

Don't mind the effects. I just made them quick and easy using the simple tools I had at the time.

At least, unlike the resin wands, my wands are more durable. I've even dropped one of my Voldemort wands off an escalator (cuz I was twirling them in the air and didn't catch it right).

Last edited by a moderator:
all of them have epoxy putty... but they're all still very durable.

the only time I broke a wand was when I accidentally slammed the car door on an Elder wand. I wasn't paying attention and thought the wand was fully inside the car... I slammed the door shut, only to find out that the wand's tip was still protruding outside. Long story short, the wand's tip got all bent up.

That sucks! Sorry that happened, but if it's already messed up you could always make it screen accurate and snap it in half.

Haha... I thought about that too. But it was way up the tip of the wand and not in the middle.

Anyway, it's my fault for playing with the wands when I'm in the car. I usually turn them into a drum sticks when I'm bored in traffic while listening to AC/DC or Metallica.

The door slamming incident happened during a midnight snack run to a local convenience store to get some fried chicken. I had the wand with me in the store, twirling it around or throwing it up the air. When I got into my car, I slammed the door shut and noticed the wand jerk in my lap. Then I realized I had slammed the door on the tip of the wand.

I tried repairing it, but as the tip of the wand snapped off, I don't think I'd be able to sell a refurbished wand. I still keep it as a reminder to pay more attention when I have my wands with me in the car. :lol

Now that gives me an idea, Harry Potter character wand drumsticks. Makes me wish I played the drums just so I could do that.

I've actually toyed with the idea, but I don't think there are too many Harry Potter fans here (in the Philippines) who are drummers in a band. It just doesn't seem to be traits that one person would have. Hahaha!

Usually HP fans are considered nerdy or geeky while drummers are considered cool. I know it's stereotyping... But I really think anybody who is a drummer and HP fan, would not use the wand/drumstick. They'd most probably just buy a real wand and real drumsticks.

I've actually toyed with the idea, but I don't think there are too many Harry Potter fans here (in the Philippines) who are drummers in a band. It just doesn't seem to be traits that one person would have. Hahaha!

Usually HP fans are considered nerdy or geeky while drummers are considered cool. I know it's stereotyping... But I really think anybody who is a drummer and HP fan, would not use the wand/drumstick. They'd most probably just buy a real wand and real drumsticks.

Funny you mention it... I actually carved this wand FROM a drumstick.

46069_430464839913_6149670_n.jpg

More photos:

http://s100.photobucket.com/user/Lunaman1/library/Harry Potter Wand?sort=3&page=1

Oooooohhh... Your work is beautiful! Wow! I like the first design in the album. :thumbsup

Thank you! But they're all pictures of the same wand--I only made one, haha.
It has an asymmetrical design--rounded knotwork to fill the palm and a flat Sirius-like rear section for the thumb to lie against.

I really enjoy the attention to detail. The boxes are great too. It's all about the presentation.

Thanks! I now use felt paper material for my boxes covers. They "age" easier and look more old as the felt material is easily scraped or flattened. Plus the colors are easily muted.

Wow! My last post on this thread was 2yrs ago! I have made huge progress in my wand making hobby...

Harry, Hermione, Ron & Luna's wands...
unnamed3.jpg unnamed10.jpg

Custom Rose wand for a customer...
unnamed19.jpg

Two custom wolf wands...
unnamed13.jpg unnamed16.jpg

Custom Dragon Wand I made for my friend...
unnamed12.jpg

Custom Dragon Wand I made for a customer...
unnamed9.jpg unnamed8.jpg

Custom Longclaw wand...
unnamed6.jpg

A custom Anubis wand...
unnamed14.jpg

Custom Eagle wand I made... (which kinda looks like Gonzo from the Muppets)
custom_snake_eagle_wand.jpg

Pottermore wands...
unnamed7.jpg

Harry, Voldy and Elder wand...
The Sorcerer's Stone is also my creation. Sculpted the master in epoxy putty and made a mold. The stone was casted in clear resin.
unnamed5.jpg unnamed4.jpg

Newt Scamander's & Queenie Goldstein's wand...
unnamed2.jpg 14482084_374429689566385_5697604474143506432_n.jpg

Here's a light up wand I made... it was a limited run though.
unnamed17.jpg

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Some awesome work and talent right there, looooove wands my collection is slowly growing :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back