My Halo Helmets - Soldier and Recon

Dirtsen

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
In between my Iron Man Helmets I wanted to work on something different. I have always been a huge Halo Fan and the Master Chief armor was the reason i got into Pepakura to begin with. Playing Halo 4 online, I have grown pretty fond of the Spartan IV Soldier Helmet. I looked around and found a pep file for this. It is pretty good but of course it's missing all the small details. I am going to apply them myself. First things first: Assembling the helmet!
2013-08-18 18.58.18.jpg2013-08-18 18.58.21.jpg2013-08-18 18.58.24.jpg
DONE!! I will add some close-ups later. I had some tricky parts but nothing that wasn't manageable. I added some supports on the inside myself to assure symmetry.

Now: Some reference pics i took in-game
sol1.jpgsol2.jpgsol3.jpgsol4.jpgsolback.jpgsolbotfro.jpgsolfro.jpgsolleft.jpgsolright.jpgsoltop.jpgsoltopbeh.jpgsoltopfro.jpgSpartan-Soldier-Prototype-2.jpgSpartan-Soldier-Prototype.jpg

The pepakura file is pretty accurate except in the back of the helmet. I will have to fix that later, after resining the paper. The other details like screws ad little greaves will be added too. I want to make this as accurate as I possibly can. Since I have like 4 projects going at the time, progress will be slow but steady. Any input, tips or tricks... I am listening :)

Last edited:
Re: Halo 4 Spartan IV Soldier Helmet

I managed to get half an hour to put put some epoxy resin on the helmet. I am using Resinpal 2301. It doesn't smell and it does not produce fumes while curing. the perfect resin to work inside. Just be sure to work with gloves... If you live in Germany you can get it here: Standard EP-Harz (Resinpal 2301): Resinpal 2301 ist ein standard Epox

First off, some close-ups of the pep-job
2013-08-19 20.27.44.jpeg2013-08-19 20.28.05.jpeg2013-08-19 20.28.45.jpeg

And this is how i keep it symmetrical and warp-free:
2013-08-19 20.27.32.jpeg

I add my own supports using pepakura designer. In the 2D Tools section you can use the "check measurements between two joints" and use it in the 3D window. It works well for me.

I had some time today and I tried out something... I had some 3mm fiberglass strands here so I brushed the inside of the helmet with epoxy resin, put the fiberglass inside it and rolled it around a little. The fiberglass stuck to the not yet cured resin. A 5 minute ordeal. let's see how it holds up when it has dried. Looks pretty cool though. ;)
2013-08-23 22.09.17.jpg

Handed this one over to Mockle because of lack of time (and space) :)

I've been looking everywhere for this file, but I can't seem to find it. Would you mind sending it to me?

Good looking helmet, keep up the work man, subscribed ;)

Sorry Buddy but this thread is not updated any more. I gave the helmet to Mockle, another member of this Forum to finish it. Sadly, I haven't heard back from him ever since :(
I don't do pepakura any more but I am currently working with 3d printing. Got my Ultimaker 2 a few weeks ago and I am now looking into 3d printed helmets. Halo is definetely one of the things I'm playing around with.

Too bad :( i didn't saw you last posted 01/03...

Sent from my Xperia U ST25i using Tapatalk

Too bad :( i didn't saw you last posted 01/03...

Sent from my Xperia U ST25i using Tapatalk

No Problem man. I'll probably Change the thread to "My Halo Spartan helmets". I have a great 3d file that I got from JTM for a Recon Helmet. I worked a Little on it myself and I would like to create it with a rubber lip to put it on easily and a nice clear Visor. Let's see how that works out. The file is ready to print.

Had a Little time on my Hands and prepared the model for printing.

reconside.pngreconfront.pngreconscene.pngreconback.png

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back