My Halloween super budget build!

Yeah I was thinking of trying that. The unitard is pretty skin tight, so it would probably work nicely. I have to cut up some foam today for the gauntlets anyway, so I will see if I can get some muscles going.

With my girlfriend working on the skin suit, my last major hurdles are the feet, hands, and mask. The mask is on its way, and shouldn't take too much work. The hands are "coming along" but I'm not really liking them, so I've got my eyes open for other options. The feet are still a huge problem. I'm going by some Halloween/costume stores this weekend (again) to look for some boot covers that I might be able to make work. If I can't find anything, I might just make some armor to cover my boots and be done with it.

Thanks again everyone for all the ideas and comments!

-pete-
what are ur hands like

what are ur hands like

Well I started with kitchen gloves that I turned inside out and started painting. I was planning on adding talons to them as well. Got the idea from wolfsproject pred suit. Sadly I haven't be able to find anything to use as talons. Plus the painting base coat of paint I put on doesn't look right.

just add as many details as u can and then do the fingerless glove part on the tutorial
oh and clip some haloween fingernails as talons.
Yeah thats what I was planning on, but I cant find those things ANYWHERE! Which is insane, because I've seen them every halloween in every store since I was a little kid. The one year I need them, they're no where to be found!

Yeah thats what I was planning on, but I cant find those things ANYWHERE! Which is insane, because I've seen them every halloween in every store since I was a little kid. The one year I need them, they're no where to be found!
just order them on amazon on expidited shipping or the fastest possilbe

Good advice guys! I picked up some fake glue on nails yesterday from a drug store near here. Also found some rubber witch fingers at a Halloween store too. Bought them as well. I'll spend a few hours later today messing with them, see if I can get something to work. I'll post pics of whatever I end up with!

-pete-

Well ****. Just got an email from Amazon telling me my crappy Rubies mask won't be coming because the order was canceled due to it being out of stock. Now, I wouldn't be as upset if they had told me it was out of stock a WEEK AGO when I ordered it. I might not even be mad if I hadn't called amazon last monday to make sure the order had gone through (I got an order confirmation email, but never a shipping one) and they assured me it had shipped that day! Now I have less than 7 days to order, ship, and receive the mask. I also have to add my dreds, repaint the bio, and add the laser pointers to it, if THEY even make it in time. So I'm pretty much screwed. I'm going to have to order the mask from a different seller, for about $15 more, plus I'm going to have to get it rush shipped to have any chance at pulling this off. That's going to be at least another $10, and it will still be cutting it super close! I just got off the phone with amazon after arguing with them for an hour that I should get the shipping paid for by them since THEY'RE the ones that lied to me and said it had shipped! They gave me a $10 credit to my account. So I'm getting my mask a week late, paying AT LEAST $25 more, and I was given bad information by both Amazon and Zoogster Costumes. I'm really pissed about this whole thing. I tried calling Zoogster costumes as well to give them an earful, but their office is closed till tomorrow morning. I'd like to order a new mask tonight so it will ship first thing in the morning tomorrow. Not sure what I'm going to do yet.

Damnit!

Well after going back on Amazon, I found another Rubies mask for the same price, sadly the shipping is $30 for 2 day shipping! I called Amazon and bitched some more and got a $30 gift credit to my account. I can't use it for the mask, because it's a "3rd party seller" on Amazon, but I will make use of it around Christmas I'm sure. At least I should have the mask by Wednesday or Thursday at the latest, should have just enough time to do the dreds and repaint the crappy bio and add the screen for the eyes and the lasers if I have them by then.

Got some work done on the hands. Coming out better than I expected all things considered. Let me know what you all think!

hand2.jpg

-pete-

*edit* No comments on my hands? Are they that bad?!

Last edited by a moderator:
Did some more painting on the skin today. Also stitched together the 3 separate parts that make up my fishnet suit. Tossed it all on along with the hands to see how it looks. Here it is.

Picture.jpg

Still waiting for my Rubies mask to show up so I can work on that. Should be here tomorrow or Thursday. Should have just enough time to finish everything. I've given up on figuring something out for the feet. Probably just going to make some armor for them.

-pete-

Well the suits all done! Here's some pics!
predator_done_001.jpg

predator_done_002.jpg

I got the tri lasers hooked up in the Bio, but you can't see them that well in the one pic. I'll take more pics tomorrow in the dark so the lasers show!

Got a completed suit thread now at http://www.thehunterslair.com/index.php?showtopic=14652

Let me know what you all think!

Thanks for all the advice and compliments you've all given me over the month!

-pete-

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back