My Halloween super budget build!

Chest and shoulder armor is coming along nicely. Still have to do some work on it. Needs another coat or two of paint and detail work. Made from child sized football pads and some plastic from a tub surround.

Lemme know what you think!

Picture_018.jpg

Picture_019.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks man! Its going to be down to the wire. I'm going on vacation for 2 weeks starting Saturday, so I won't be able to do any work on it during that time. My only major hurtle left is the skin and mask. Hopefully get skin taken care of before I leave. Fingers crossed!

Thanks again for all the compliments everyone! That crappy Wolf Bio I ordered showed up today and just like everyone said, it is SUPER TINY. It's too small for even my tiny ass head! Plus it is really heavy and totally flat. It's a shame, it looks really nice!

I've still got some time so I'm going to check ebay and the buy/sell forum on here, see if I can get a bio in my price range (doubtful). If not, I will have to go with the Rubies double mask and make the best of it!

Girlfriend should have the skirt/loincloth done today. Ill toss on my unitard which is still unpainted and toss on the skirt and all the armor bits so you can see what I got going on so far!

*edited for spelling*

CRAP! I'm falling behind! I am focusing on my helmet, but have the shoulder armor crafted raw. I am also trying to get a basic CHEEPO done by Halloween! The one piece of advice I will give you is: do SOMETHING on your suit every day! Even if it's only trying a piece on and moving it around. Keep pix up to stay motivated. You don't realize how quickly a weekend can disappear. Your suit is looking fantastic! My helm is made from napkins, newspaper, hotglue, white glue and cardboard over a paintball helmet. My skin will be an old dive skin. I doubt I will get it painted so my pred may have black skin. :D
keep up the AWESOME work! I am working on blueprint/plans for cardboard bladegaunts for the forum. (Kicks the scanner) Just have a few technical difficulties at the moment!

OK!! It ticked me off that I let myself get behind on construction so here goes!!! Not only did I draw up plans, but I decided to go one better... a FULL huntorial on WORKING cardboard gaunts! In less than two hours, from one cardboard box lid, a dowel, some tape and two rubber bands, I created a WORKING raw gauntlet!
Obviously this was done as fast and simple as possible. HOWEVER, with the addition of resins, or different materials and intent for more accuracy, these could be made in approximately a day!
Link upcoming to end video, but here are some pix to make ya drool!!! remember, total build time, less than two hours!

needed.JPG

WIP1.JPG

wip2.JPG

wip3.JPG

Your work is looking really good too! I'm planning on using latex based fabric paint on the body suit. I got a fair amount of work done on the costume, but I'm on vacation until the 17th! Can't work on it again until then! It will be hardcore crunch time when I get back. Still trying to find a Bio I can afford. I will most likely have to settle for the Rubies double mask. I should be able to mod it and make it decent before the halloween party I'm going to.

Looking good. Your only limited by your imagenation. The great thing is theres all types of Predators just like humans. You could've spent alot of $ and made a suit but instead you used your noodle for your first suit. Again good job.

Hello fellow hunters! I have returned from my vacation (sadly) and it is now crunch time. I think I still have a great shot at getting this thing done before Halloween. I ordered the Rubies Mask today, and I think I can make something decent out of it when I add my dreads to it and re-paint the bio. Tonight the girlfriend and I are going to start painting the body suit. I will take a bunch of pictures and post them when we're done.

The loin cloth is like 90% done, she just wants to stitch a tad bit more black into the leather parts. Shes a perfectionist. Haha.

So I will be back on later tonite and post some new pics. Maybe even a partial mock up if I have time!

-pete-

Ok got a little painting done on the suit. (well my girlfriend did) Also did a quick mock up. Tossed on the armor and such real quick to see how its going to look in the end. Things are coming together. Let me know what you think.

Also, Girlfriend wants me to point out the skin is only like 10% complete, so no rush judgments! hehe

Picture_038.jpg

Picture_039.jpg

Picture_040.jpg

Picture_042.jpg

So that's an idea what it will look like all assembled. Still have a lot of work ahead of me, but its starting to take shape.

Think I might redo the wrist computer, not sure I like how it came out.

Anyways, comments and critiques welcome as always!

-pete-

OMG! It is looking AWESOME!!! I have hit a snag with my helm on getting the rope for the dreads. The helm is almost done. I'll be doing pretty much the same for most of my armor and computer as u did. Looks great! How's the fabric paint holding up? Is it adhering to the skin ok?

Any possibility of your making an upholstery foam head instead of a rubies mask? More pix, MORE PIX!!!

Paint is sticking to the fabric just fine. Thinned it out a tiny tiny bit with some water so it went on a bit smoother. Sadly there is no way I could make a mask. If we had a ton more time, my girlfriend could sculpt one from clay, and then we could go through the whole process of making a mold and such. I ordered the rubies mask, and I will make do with it when it gets here. I think once I toss my dreads on, and repaint the bio, it will be passable.

Have you found the caulk saver stuff for the dreads, or are you still looking for something to make them from? Another option is pipe foam insulation or even soaker hose (although thats kinda heavy)

Thanks for the compliments!

-pete-

Girlfriend did some more painting on the skin today while I watched the Star Trek movie. It's coming along really well I think. Wish I had time to make a duct tape mannequin, but I don't. Therefor I have to wear it while she paints on it. Kinda funny, but seems to be working!

Let me know what you all think!

-pete-
Picture43.jpg

When I was discussing how I built the helm and am making everything from cardboard, paper and glue, he said it was really cool. I said, "Yeah, it's pretty low-tech compared to some of these guys' work." Then he sai, "That's what you should call your pred, Lo Tek." Hmmm,... I think I just might!

Yeah I was thinking of trying that. The unitard is pretty skin tight, so it would probably work nicely. I have to cut up some foam today for the gauntlets anyway, so I will see if I can get some muscles going.

With my girlfriend working on the skin suit, my last major hurdles are the feet, hands, and mask. The mask is on its way, and shouldn't take too much work. The hands are "coming along" but I'm not really liking them, so I've got my eyes open for other options. The feet are still a huge problem. I'm going by some Halloween/costume stores this weekend (again) to look for some boot covers that I might be able to make work. If I can't find anything, I might just make some armor to cover my boots and be done with it.

Thanks again everyone for all the ideas and comments!

-pete-

if that is tight at all put a little padding or something under the skin to form last minute muscles
i think that would work a bit

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back