My Green Lantern movie Ring

Looking good so far! :cool:thumbsup

The promo ring (the one that was sent out to a select few celebrities who, for the most part, probably didn't even have a clue who or what Green Lantern is :rolleyes) is where I first noticed them.

Maybe Taylor Swift is a closeted Kyle raynor fan? :)

[...]1st pic is of the trailer ring.
DSCF0015.JPG

Now here are pics of my sz 10 RESIN version.
IMG_0008.JPG
IMG_0010.JPG

IMG_0018.JPG
IMG_0013.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Great work! I really like how it came out man! You should try mixing flecks of foil in with the green resin to get that metallic jewel face as well, i wonder how well that'd work..

Good stuff :)

In various ring threads, people keep suggesting putting foil in the green part of the ring, but from all of the screen caps, the green part is crystal clear. The sparkle and texture you see is the detail on the metal part of the ring, showing through the transparent green part of the ring.

In various ring threads, people keep suggesting putting foil in the green part of the ring, but from all of the screen caps, the green part is crystal clear. The sparkle and texture you see is the detail on the metal part of the ring, showing through the transparent green part of the ring.
I think this looks pretty close. took me a while to get it though!

IMG_0013.JPG

I like it but I'm not a big fan of the solid green resin. It needs to look more like a crystal and the sides look like fake metal. I know its hard to get the look right so other than that it looks good just needs some refinement.

i agree with some of the other people here the ring looks great, but the green resin realy should be an almost compleatly clear resin or a slightly green tinted clear resin with the back posibly painted green. mabey more like the center peice. and as for the battle damaging on the jewl, i dont think there knicks and scratches, i think they were suposed to be there as more of just part of the design, im not posative about this though. other then that, it looks amazing! id deffinatly be interested in one if the price is right!

unless people have specific design information about the actual ring, basing it off the pictures released i think it looks amazing. good work

unless people have specific design information about the actual ring, basing it off the pictures released i think it looks amazing. good work

I agree. I know nothing about jewelry and haven't seen any picture of the movie GL ring except what has Ben posted here, but I do know I like this ring.

If this thing ever gets mass produced, I will sign up!

Here is two final rings that I just completed I wanted to do these in the Sinestro silver age/ modern ring concept.
Believe it or not , One is Resin and the other is Metal! Can you tell the difference? I mastered the implied texture after a two day trial and error along with the silver additive to the side and top of the resin ring.
So with that being said. This is by far the best work that I have put out. I hope I have raised the bar here. again thanks to Greentothecorps for all of your help!
IMG_0001-1.JPG
IMG_0002-1.JPG

IMG_0003-1.JPG
IMG_0004-1.JPG

IMG_0005-1.JPG

hey, i circled where you can see that the green is actualy clear or clear with a tint of green, and is posibly painted green on the bottom to give it the effect of being green. the rings look awesome. i was searching ebay and saw your ring and it was at something like $225! congrats on that but i hope the price goes down when you do a run of these!:lol

The green that I use is translucent it was just that the flash gave it a glare on the surface. But again like the Sinestro Spin I put on it it is Clear! As far as the price goes I feel they are paying for it to be there before Christmas, either way I'll take it! lol Thanks again for the kind words. Any comments on the band that I did for the Yellow face ring?
hey, i circled where you can see that the green is actualy clear or clear with a tint of green, and is posibly painted green on the bottom to give it the effect of being green. the rings look awesome. i was searching ebay and saw your ring and it was at something like $225! congrats on that but i hope the price goes down when you do a run of these!:lol

This has been one of the props I've been looking for since I joined this site. And I think this really looks great.

Any chance of you making a movie power battery? I know alot of people don't like the movie power battery, but there is always a group that will want one to complete thier GL collection. Besides we need a way to charge the wonderful rings you are making. Great work on the movie ring as well as all your other GL rings. Loving them all.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back