Blue Beetle Cosplay (2023 DCU Movie)

CCWiz67

I am going to use this thread as a digital journal for my process on making a Blue beetle costume based on the 2023 movie. This thread should document the next 45 days as I try to crunch out this costume. I am going to include resources that helped me along the way.

I am going to use this thread as a digital journal for my process on making a Blue beetle costume based on the 2023 movie. This thread should document the next 45 days as I try to crunch out this costume. I am going to include resources that helped me along the way.
Starting off is some reference images I have of the suit to get a good idea of the fit and finish of the costume.

BBD1.jpgBBD3.pngBBD4.pngBBD5.jpgBBSU1.jpgBBSU2.jpgBB1.pngBB2.pngBB3 (2).pngBB3.pngBB4.pngBB5.png

Next, the 3D files i went with to base the armor of the costume around was from Do3d. I recommend waiting until they have a sale and get the file an additional half off. I bought the files during version 1 so when they got updated I received the new files and had to rescale them. It delayed me starting my build process a bit but I'm happy that the suit is going to be more accurate to the screen used costume now.

Next, the 3D files i went with to base the armor of the costume around was from Do3d. I recommend waiting until they have a sale and get the file an additional half off. I bought the files during version 1 so when they got updated I received the new files and had to rescale them. It delayed me starting my build process a bit but I'm happy that the suit is going to be more accurate to the screen used costume now.

In terms of editing the files and getting them ready to 3D print I'm using Armored Garage and Cura.
Link to buy and download the armored garage:
It's a really nice software to use and got my files to fit my body right. It can be demanding on your computer and is only on PC.

Cura:
Very easy to use, free, and basically available on all platforms. I'm using a a lot of tree supports just cause it's saving on print time and filament usage compared to the standard line supports.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back