My Graflex ANH Luke saber with metal T-track and my $1.80 crystal chassis! Pic heavy

Re: My Graflex ANH Luke saber with metal T-track and my $1.80 crystal chassis! Pic he

Hi Paul,

Excellent lightsaber project. Perhaps Slothfurnace immaculate lightsaber builts might have some suggestions about lighting that crystal with leds and have the appropriate batteries inside a cramped space?

-Chaim

Re: My Graflex ANH Luke saber with metal T-track and my $1.80 crystal chassis! Pic he

Hi Paul,

Excellent lightsaber project. Perhaps Slothfurnace immaculate lightsaber builts might have some suggestions about lighting that crystal with leds and have the appropriate batteries inside a cramped space?

-Chaim

Unfortunately I have room for 1 x AA or AAA (even 2 x AAA will not fit side by side in there) or some small button cells but that is the limit. An LED especially a blue or clear needs 3v to run or a booster circuit. Option one is find a couple of flat 1.5v rechargeables from a cellphone, ipod or similar to get my 3 volts, option 2 is a compact camera battery or computer backup battery, option 3 is one of those cheap AAA led keyring size torches and swap the led over or use a blue filter under the crystal. I have a NC switch so when the chamber is inside the graflex it is off, as soon as it is removed it turns on. Pretty basic stuff but it was never intended to be electonic.

pfillery,

:love :love :love This is very impressive. :eek I am getting the parts together to build my own Lightsaber; also with a crystal chamber. This just lit a fire under me to finish getting those parts.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back