My foam Iron Man costume build.

Re: Another ironman foam build yup sorry another one. WORKING ON FOAM HELMET!..

You know, I havent been able to shake the fact that everytime I look at the mask I see the ABC robot!. I was planning on building the head for display and I think I may have been tuning into that vibe a little while building this. lol its funny you should say that aswell.
But I am too big for a normal ironman, and the foam adds to the size of the armor. so this is going to be a hyrbrid i think.

I tell ya one thing - when you're done you'll have something really impressive! (Prolly be able to take down Iron Monger with one punch!!).

thanks man, I was beging to get a little annoyed at the results so far to be honest.

Hey man, don't get annoyed, keep going, your build is inspirational to us noobs. Its awesome seeing it come together, keep up the good work

Looks great ,amazing progress!
Love the bucket!

thanks man, I was beging to get a little annoyed at the results so far to be honest.

There's no law that says you can't go back and re-visit (or re-build) a part once you're done! I'd say go with this - it's looking cool - and if you want another bucket later on, whip one up.

Ok here is another update, I didn't like how rough the cut was above the eyes, or how rough the cut was on the chin area, so I carefully cut those to sections off/out and replaced them. Then gave the whole thing a few coats of plastidip and then red and then finaly masked everything off and gave it a few layers of gold. Now all that I need to do is paint the mought line and the cheek area.
helmetpainted2.jpg

helmetpainted3.jpg

Re: Another ironman foam build yup sorry another one. PAINTING FOAM HELMET!..

That helmet looks really good. Hard to believe it is foam. Awesome job.

very cool build...one suggestion tho...you should remake the shoulderbells alot bigger.

Good Job on the helmet! It looks fantastic! Keep Building!....:thumbsup

Some photos of the latest test fit.
DSCF3309.jpg

DSCF3310.jpg

DSCF3311.jpg

Last edited:

Lookin' good! :cool

I'm going to be starting Mikey's shoulder bells in another week... I just hope mine come out as good as yours look! How do you have them attached to the suit?

Thanks man.
At the moment I simply have them attached with old backpack straps, just glued in place and clips on the arm pieces. like so.
clipsystem.jpg

But I find the bells move forward and backward a bit too much, so I am going to add another strap to each one. Kinda in a V shape, like this (looking top down)
shoulders.jpg

Oh and here is a small video of the test fit.

At the moment I simply have them attached with old backpack straps, just glued in place and clips on the arm pieces.

Awesome, that definitely sounds like a workable solution. And I love the quick removal aspect!

Thanks for the tip! :):thumbsup

You're very welcome. I preffer to use the backpack clips rather then poppers becuase the poppers can pop out with some movement, But I have never known nor had the clips unclip while moving around. Makes for much less wardrobe malfunctions.

Been a while, (family visiting), but here is a small update. I have started working on the legs now.
DSCF3359.jpg

DSCF3358.jpg

DSCF3357.jpg

DSCF3356.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back