my first experience with super sculpey

DmitriyM

Greetings, I'm the newcomer on this site.
In 1995, having watched "The Predator" at the age of 10 years, I have simply been shaken by this masterpiece. I very much would like a toy of a predator, but in Russia it couldn't be bought . Then I have decided to make it. I have asked my parents that they bought to me some plasticine. Having erased piracy VHS(others then weren't) to holes I sculpted predators, then broke and molded anew, until then while I wasn't happy with result. But plasticine isn't good stuff for small details. You sculpt one small piece, casually you break another. In course of my growing, my interest to plasticine has died away and I has thrown this employment for a long 15 years. Not so long ago I have opened for myself "Super sculpey (firm)" and realized my childhood dream, I have sculpted the predator. And only in the process of it creation, when I was searching pictures for a sculpting, I have found your site. I am glad that I'm not one such sick).

Please sorry for my English:).

Here on your court my first experience with super sculpey.
DSC_0565.JPG

DSC_0566.JPG

DSC_0568.JPG

DSC_0569.JPG

DSC_0573.JPG

DSC_0575.JPG

DSC_0577.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
That is absolutely stunning! I'd love to see what you can do in a few years time once you're more comfortable with Sculpy and after you've refined your skills!

Welcome to the lair!

wow is this really your work? it looks like its from a toy company...
but if you really have the skill you can do anything...
very good job!
welcome to the lair!

Thanks You people.
Yes, it all from super sculpey firm, except for a grid taken from under potatoes package and wires from a wire braid. Only as a result of a molding I have learned that inside it is possible to thrust an aluminum foil for the purpose of economy of a material:). As a result of tests and errors I have spent 4 packs on 454 grams.
Whether I plan to mold still - undoubtedly yes. As there will be a free time, I will begin the following.

Yeah i was looking on ebay for it because i figure the same.I do see some change with the dreads and the long cloth but over all its a kit that had some work done to it.Oh and the netting is much better then the kit so i will give brownie points for that.But pass it as your own is
my feelings too, thought this was too good to be true, good mod tho'

Here some more photos of process of work. I have broken the first variant of hands (seemed too long), then sculpted the new. In the foreground a predator from neca.
2.jpg

3.jpg

DSC_0458.JPG

DSC_0472.JPG

DSC_0493.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Sooooooooooooo you didnt mod the kit???????????????I can careless if you did and of course the mod is very cool but it is a kit that has been worked over, right?Of course if we thought it was it would be understandable due to others that try to pull it off as there own but from the pictures it is a kit that has been worked over.
If not and i am wrong i hope to see more predators from you, and or more worked over kits, there still very cool and much cooler looking than the original kit.

Does this thing have a "foot in mouth" emoticon? :(

Modded or not... you made most of it yourself and that deserves a big fat AWESOME!!!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back