My first build (deago ESB SS Falcon!)

The part on the cockpit tunnel is from the Tamiya Scharnhorst and the other 2 are from Tamiya's 1/35 Sd.Kfz 222.

I found a couple parts that DeAgo seem to have overlooked and left out of the kit. Does anyone know what kits these 2 parts are from, they seem easy enough to scratch but I'd rather source the parts from the original kits.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Parts from the 222
Tamiya 1-35 SdKfz 222 B.jpg

Great thread as per your standard, lm recreating those 2 pipes(in your green samp) for the side mandible from throwaway stuff. But ld like to ask is everyone sure they're not in late on issues...I'm at 93.

Thanks Darkview, yeah I have looked at all the mag backs up to the final issue 100 and they don't appear anywhere so looks like they aren't happening.

So, I got the kit parts, and they don't really line up to the Entex part. Here is what I found.

First issue is pretty easy this part in green just needs to slide back some, and actually ends up where its supposed to be based on all the ref images, not sure why DeAgo has it slide forwards but there ya go. You can see the final position here. Easy enough fix and requires no modifications other than cutting the peg off the bottom of the plant on part that fits into the cast hole where it originally was meant to be glued in.

slideBack.jpg

I test fit the pipe and it doesn't line up right with the Entex rib/fin thingy. I noticed a couple issues that contribute to this, I'll outline them below and see what you guys think..

The first issue is that the Entex part isn't the same and acutally sits lower on the sidewall than the original, so this makes it too low and therefore the pipe doesn't have anything to glue onto.. you can see the differences here, the original Entex part tapers up towards the body and almost gest flush with the top whereas the DeAgo part is flat as is about 1/8 of an inch lower where the pipe is intended to connect.

EntexTaper.jpg IMG_2312.JPG

The final thing I noticed is that it appears the Entex part actually has some thing that the pipes are connecting into, or there has been an additional kit part planted on to receive the pipes. I tried to verify the Entex part on the StudioScaleModeler kit scan page but that image was too low rez to make the part out well enough to tell, so wanted to see if any of you knew the story about that. the part I'm talking about is in green below.
EntexConnpart.jpg

Seems like it can be fixed but I wanted to be sure the above part circled in green wasn't another kit part I needed first.

Attachments

• IMG_2311.JPG
    IMG_2311.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 292
Ktaylor, that's not an extra kit part at all but part of the original kit itself. I've attached an image of a resin copy of the actual Entex part and it shows it to be a bolt holding one half of the transmission case to the other.

15107353_10211009322579207_3183253896106061787_n.jpg

Ah good to know thanks for clearing that up! I have seen posts here and there where people are casting some of these more hard to find and $ kit parts, do you or anyone you know still do this? I'd love to get a cast of the original part:D

One a similar note does anyone belong to a group or maybe there is an area here that I just havnt explored yet where people do sprue or part trades, I have a lot of models now that I only used a couple parts from and seems a waste if others are looking for parts that I have and know I won't be using.

Ask and thy shall receive

This is the most current thread
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=251670

...and this one is the original.
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=191857

As for resin copies I got these years ago from a member on another forum. I'm not sure if he's still casting them but it doesn't hurt to ask around.

One a similar note does anyone belong to a group or maybe there is an area here that I just havnt explored yet where people do sprue or part trades, I have a lot of models now that I only used a couple parts from and seems a waste if others are looking for parts that I have and know I won't be using.

Ah good to know thanks for clearing that up! I have seen posts here and there where people are casting some of these more hard to find and $ kit parts, do you or anyone you know still do this? I'd love to get a cast of the original part:D

Ktaylor, i know of someone who recently did castings of the Entex parts for me, you can probably contact him at his Facebook account (that's what i did):
https://www.facebook.com/Gluejunky-models-1419587308356205/

These are the casts I got from him,
s-l1600.jpg

He actually had the castings on ebay for a little while this month but I can't find it now?? I think he was asking $55. His name is Jerry, nice guy, you may be able to ask him if he can cast some for you.

Awesomex, thanks emrumi! So is that large rim piece used on the 6 round engine parts on the rear? Not sure if you saw my earlier post on this thread but I'm trying to come up with a solution for those as well!
thanks again!

No problem Ktaylor, I had been looking for those castings for quite some time myself...About the rim piece, no I do not believe it was used for the engine parts, it's actually the base of the radar, I believe...the part I am not sure about is the round one with the square hole??

I am also looking at ways to fix the engine rings (bothers me too), I know there are a couple of people selling parts that look better, but kinda costly for some...

these look good
http://www.falcon3dparts.com/deag_grilles/

I think he also has a version of this on Shapeways here
https://www.shapeways.com/product/D...rille-for-deagostini-falcon?optionId=59952883

these by Nico Möbius are not too bad either
http://scifimodels.de/shop/set-sm-002-deagostini-millennium-falcon-ventilation-upgrade-parts

I am trying to see if there is a way to modify the kit parts, just not sure how yet, I like the grills on the kit parts, but like you, I want the sides to be more angled. Probably just need to fix one of them, then can mold and cast the rest. Let me know what you work out.

Also Ktaylor, and to anyone else who might be looking for casts of the Entex parts, I have talked with the caster and he is going to be putting them up in the Junk Yard soon, when he gets back from out of town.

He has other casts related to the falcon as well, if interested he says the Entex casts will be $50 and for both the Entex and the others it will be $100.

If you would like to see the parts message me and I can send you the pics he sent me.

View attachment 686343
For this missing port side mandible B-29 Part, is that only in the Revell kit or is it the same in the Monogram?

The Revell and Monogram B-29s are re-issues of the same kit. According to scalemates, the sequence goes; Monogram, Revell/Monogram, Hasegawa, Revell, then back to Monogram for the latest release. Along the way the only thing they changed were the decals.

And thanks for the part ID - I bought the latest Monogram re-issue for Battlestar bits, so this is a nice bonus!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back