My first build (deago ESB SS Falcon!)

Haven't been here in a while , absolutely brilliant work, and your giving the model credit, your paint work is elevating the standard of the piece as a whole, well done

Thanks for the kind words Vacformedhero!

I decided to track down and upgrade some of the parts that aren't quiet right especially on the rear engine deck where some of the DeAgo cast is soft or not right. I have been trying to track down these guys but can't get a positive ID on them yet, could anyone help me out? The closest I have seen is kinda blurry but looks like it could be right, these are off the 1/20 Ferrari 312T3 but I cant make them out.. appreciate any help!

IMG_2047.JPG

I was rummaging though some of my kits looking for parts and I came across this, I don't think I would have ever seen it from the actual model since there is so much detail on top of it, but it looks like it could be a postitve ID since DeAgo clearly had some pretty good ref that they were trying to match, I'm not sure about the little cut outs towards the top, but they certainly would help add some depth and detail so I'm not too worried about, anyways thought I would share!

this if off the top of the ever so popular Airfix 1:76 Panter Tank

IMG_2048.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

BTW thanks Bwize and TOX for pointing me to the correct Matilda Mk2 tank!! I tracked one down on eBay and it's on its way, cant wait!! some great parts in there :)

Last edited:
simple amazing dude ! the best paint so far ive seen ..
I just painted the base coat this week , waiting for some other parts to finally close the whole thing ( im at issue 96 )
do you think you can record a little video tutorial on you weathering ?
thanks !

Thanks for the kind words Vacformedhero!

I decided to track down and upgrade some of the parts that aren't quiet right especially on the rear engine deck where some of the DeAgo cast is soft or not right. I have been trying to track down these guys but can't get a positive ID on them yet, could anyone help me out? The closest I have seen is kinda blurry but looks like it could be right, these are off the 1/20 Ferrari 312T3 but I cant make them out.. appreciate any help!

View attachment 680765

I'm doing the same thing with my DeAgo Falcon - happy to share info...

It's the outer half of one of the drive wheels from the Tamiya 1/35 Flakpanzer Gepard, with the sprocket teeth cut off and mounted face down.
ID courtesy of Mensaboy's parts map and definitely not me! I have the Gepard but wouldn't have recognised that part if you'd snapped it off the sprue and thrown it at me! :rolleyes

Thanks GPS, I see the part now ( have been looking at the part id's over on studioscalemodeler, huge thanks to all you guys who have put in the work to get all that info there! I'll try and contribute what i can but I seem to have a lot of catching up to do!!

Thanks paplooo!
I have made a few vids showing some specific parts but havn't done the whole process yet, soon as I get all the parts for the top I'm gonna finish weathering the mandibles and top so that it's all consistent, hopefully I can match the bottom work I already did, think I remember what all I did!? : []

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qwVvHYn5BvE

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=n42KAvoQBlIu

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1594742747482149?view=permalink&id=1818790401744048

replaced that center part between the engines, was pretty straight forward, I backed it with white styrene to give the center a block to glue down and to provide a nice clean smooth backing to those little cutouts at the top. Chiseled and sanded the cast piece away and glued it in, fits great!! I lucked out and had a round sanding block that was the exact radius of the engines to that helped ALOT! , will be covered up in greebels later but I'll know it looks better than that nasty piece with the seam down it! haha

FullSizeRender.jpgIMG_2066.JPGIMG_2068.JPG
cut and measured the piece.

IMG_2070.JPG
chiseled and sanded the old part away..

FullSizeRender (1).jpgFullSizeRender (2).jpg
Fit and glued in the new piece!

up next!!
gotta buy a couple more of these I guess, good thing this kit is really cheap! I am going to wait and see how the cast pieces from DeAgo look but if they aren't exact I will replace them with the kit part...

FullSizeRender (3).jpg

Thanks Bwize hadn't seen that site before, great images, looks like we have some work ahead of us!! haha

One of the main things that sticks out to me are those engine grill things, they have a really dumbed down profile that makes them look skinnier than they should, that's gonna be a real PITA to fix, I'm not even sure how I would fix that...hmmm the studio model parts flare out more and have a little vertical wall around the bottoms that gives them a nice seated look onto the surface. I need a lathe! haha

VentProfiles.jpg

the 3 tank parts that go below the bottom 3 look pretty good though just soft on the 4 corner vents. Might keep those as is.

Thanks Bwize hadn't seen that site before, great images, looks like we have some work ahead of us!! haha

One of the main things that sticks out to me are those engine grill things, they have a really dumbed down profile that makes them look skinnier than they should, that's gonna be a real PITA to fix, I'm not even sure how I would fix that...hmmm the studio model parts flare out more and have a little vertical wall around the bottoms that gives them a nice seated look onto the surface. I need a lathe! haha

View attachment 681195

the 3 tank parts that go below the bottom 3 look pretty good though just soft on the 4 corner vents. Might keep those as is.

I see your point now regarding the shape of the engine vents. TonyRR (AKA 308bits) on shapeways has some great ones with open vents you might take a look at.

http://www.shapeways.com/product/EY52LRG2K/millennium-deago-engine-vents-set?optionId=59811204

Ya, the panther deck pieces that rest underneath the grills did turn out pretty good for replicating the 32". The Fujimi 1/76 Panther G has deck details more akin to the 5 footer, but it may still be a bit too big based on your pic of the Airfix deck. I have the Fujimi kit but do not have the rear deck pieces yet to compare the size.

Bwize, yeah I saw the shapeways parts, not sure I want to spend 120+ on them though hehe, as far as I know the Airfix Panther was the kit used for those engine grill things under the round vents, I double checked Mensaboy's part map over on studioscalemodelers and he has that as the part as well. But yeah if you want something more like the 5 footer the Fujima looks a bit closer, if it fits like you said...

Plus I'm sure i'm in the minority here but I think I actually prefer the featureless engine grills on the 32" there is something about it that gives a nice area of rest to the really busy design back there! I think I'm gonna do that. I think I might try to tool my own using my drill press as a make shift lathe, lol I'll let you all know how that goes!

Ah sooo much better, thanks again for helping ID the part

IMG_2167.JPG

replacing a few other parts that came out soft in the DeAgo casting as well, I can see how this get super addictive, there are random thoughts of just sanding all the cast detail off and using this kit as a shell and just replacing all the parts, and then I realize that would be crazy, right?!....heh

They did a great job of matching some of these parts, but some just came out kinda soft, looks soo much cleaner with the original kit part.
FullSizeRender (4).jpg IMG_2163.JPG

Guess I'll do these parts as well since I have the kits now.... I mean, it would be foolish not to right?! gahhhhh
partIDs.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2168.JPG
    IMG_2168.JPG
    139.8 KB · Views: 326
Kris what all kits did you get for replacing parts? And how much did you spend on those kits? And how many total parts will be replaced from those kits? I hadn't really considered doing this yet but I am curious.

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

Na I am thinking for the Deago. Doing 3d printed parts on my Hasbro. What I am wondering is, are you buying a kit for $20-50 and getting like 2 parts from it? Or do you get more?

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

I have been looking for ones that have multiple parts, usually usually 3-4 at least you just have to go through those parts maps and see which ones come up the most, that's what I have been doing there are probably over a hundred though so t takes some time to orient and make sense of it all.
It's pretty fun though and you end up with the exact same parts on the original model which is pretty cool IMO and makes for some great conversation.

But yeah in some cases you only get a couple parts on those, if you can even find the Kit anymore, some are out of production or re issued with new tooling, so they look different now...

I found a couple parts that DeAgo seem to have overlooked and left out of the kit. Does anyone know what kits these 2 parts are from, they seem easy enough to scratch but I'd rather source the parts from the original kits.

Thanks!

MissingParts.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back