My Custom Neca 1/4th Predator

EndoT8001

Hi Everyone,
When I first got this figure, I was like "wow", this thing doesn't hardly need any work at all, after about a week, I was like "wow" this thing is going need a whole lot of work. That's because I wanted to do a whole lot of modding to it so I could get it to look the way I envisioned.
This was a total repaint from scratch as the original paint hid a lot of the sculpts fine details. The only item I did not repaint was the gloves. I liked them just the way they were. This was my first Predator paint up in quite awhile and my rust showed early on; but once I jogged my memory a bit I got back into the groove of the things.
One the first thing was to completely primer the entire figure. I then proceeded to correct the mask gap & seam as well as add reflective material for the base of the eye lenses and then apply the mesh screens. I then drilled out the laser housings and used fiber optic lines along with red LED for the laser lights. The lights ended up being quite bright so I had seal the mask properly to avoid any light leaks. For the hoses, I wanted them to be removable so I created custom housing for the upper three lines and added custom plug ends to all the hoses. The lower one connects via a custom plug housing built into the mask.
Next up was the laser cannon, I used a bright white LED which in the dark lights up quite bright; I then customized an off/on switch near the top of the base which blends in with the amour design.
For the wrist computer, I was at first looking to have it open up and lit on top and the inside, but I needed additional parts so I scrapped that plan and left it closed. I might do this if I redo my open mouth version. One of the main mods I wanted was to have the wrist computer lit up with lights and symbols. I ended up creating the symbols from scratch using a piece of plastic sheeting. I then added a flashing pulse light to one the sections to give it more animation.
For the trophy’s, I fused the main spine to one piece and replaced the original string with real leather line as well as for the necklace and chest skulls. The arm and leg ribbon wrap were also replaced with black leather material. I was looking to replace the skirt with a leather one, but scrapped that plan as well. I ended up repainting the original and it was acceptable after the repaint.
Once the all the main body painting was complete, it was time for the netting. Now I collected quite a bit of netting over the years so I was lucky to have one that was suitable for this Pred. Next up was to make some quills. I checked my stash box for something close, I then custom shaped them and attached them to the chest, arms and head. It took some time make them but they came out fine and it gives the Pred and nice detailed look.
Some of the amour looked out of place in some areas so I reseated them to look more body fitting and corrected the shoulder one as it was sitting to low on the arm. I then repainted the amour and weathered it. I also reshaped some of the head dreadlocks to give them a different flow around his shoulders. I reshaped both hands to give them a different look as the left one needed it more as it was going to have the human trophy.
For the base, I had an idea for the basic layout. One of the main components I wanted to have was simulated water. Once I had the terrain surface done, I then created a lazy muddy stream down the center using a resin material. I then added wood trunks, moss, plants and a couple of trophy’s to complete the look.

There were many details that were done during the course of this project, too many for me to document( I’m just too lazy) so this is the mini version. For now enjoy!

157_6069-1.jpg

157_6077.jpg

157_6131.jpg

157_6096.jpg

157_6106.jpg

157_6181-1.jpg

157_6173.jpg

157_6126.jpg

157_6110.jpg

157_6104.jpg

DSC_00112.jpg

157_6165.jpg

Wow,I'm at a loss for words. one of the best customs I've seen since these 1/4 Preds came out.
Great first Post!
any chance you can add video of the trilaser and canon working?

Whoa...that's one helluva custom NECA!!!! You just raised the bar by a few notches! I'm still looking at the detail...love what you did with the air hoses...hot damn this is so cool!

NECA did an incredible job with this figure, but you just knocked it out of the park with your work...kudos my friend!

Holy Hades man... You just took a good thing and made it better x's 1,000. Simply amazing work.

Like Ronin said too, one of the best mods on the site. Very, very well done. :)

Nice! Really nice. Your one serious customizer. I've seen your T-800 endo and what a badass. I have the same one but failed in chroming it, so ended up doing a BD version instead.

I was going to leave my predator alone.But now i want to customise it.

P.s I'm trying to save images for reference but i get them squished.Anyone know why.

Dude that one beautiful piece man, one beautiful piece. I go to say you did one hell of a job on the paint work man. Just amzing!

Hi Everyone,
When I first got this figure, I was like "wow", this thing doesn't hardly need any work at all, after about a week, I was like "wow" this thing is going need a whole lot of work. That's because I wanted to do a whole lot of modding to it so I could get it to look the way I envisioned.
This was a total repaint from scratch as the original paint hid a lot of the sculpts fine details. The only item I did not repaint was the gloves. I liked them just the way they were. This was my first Predator paint up in quite awhile and my rust showed early on; but once I jogged my memory a bit I got back into the groove of the things.
One the first thing was to completely primer the entire figure. I then proceeded to correct the mask gap & seam as well as add reflective material for the base of the eye lenses and then apply the mesh screens. I then drilled out the laser housings and used fiber optic lines along with red LED for the laser lights. The lights ended up being quite bright so I had seal the mask properly to avoid any light leaks. For the hoses, I wanted them to be removable so I created custom housing for the upper three lines and added custom plug ends to all the hoses. The lower one connects via a custom plug housing built into the mask.
Next up was the laser cannon, I used a bright white LED which in the dark lights up quite bright; I then customized an off/on switch near the top of the base which blends in with the amour design.
For the wrist computer, I was at first looking to have it open up and lit on top and the inside, but I needed additional parts so I scrapped that plan and left it closed. I might do this if I redo my open mouth version. One of the main mods I wanted was to have the wrist computer lit up with lights and symbols. I ended up creating the symbols from scratch using a piece of plastic sheeting. I then added a flashing pulse light to one the sections to give it more animation.
For the trophy’s, I fused the main spine to one piece and replaced the original string with real leather line as well as for the necklace and chest skulls. The arm and leg ribbon wrap were also replaced with black leather material. I was looking to replace the skirt with a leather one, but scrapped that plan as well. I ended up repainting the original and it was acceptable after the repaint.
Once the all the main body painting was complete, it was time for the netting. Now I collected quite a bit of netting over the years so I was lucky to have one that was suitable for this Pred. Next up was to make some quills. I checked my stash box for something close, I then custom shaped them and attached them to the chest, arms and head. It took some time make them but they came out fine and it gives the Pred and nice detailed look.
Some of the amour looked out of place in some areas so I reseated them to look more body fitting and corrected the shoulder one as it was sitting to low on the arm. I then repainted the amour and weathered it. I also reshaped some of the head dreadlocks to give them a different flow around his shoulders. I reshaped both hands to give them a different look as the left one needed it more as it was going to have the human trophy.
For the base, I had an idea for the basic layout. One of the main components I wanted to have was simulated water. Once I had the terrain surface done, I then created a lazy muddy stream down the center using a resin material. I then added wood trunks, moss, plants and a couple of trophy’s to complete the look.

There were many details that were done during the course of this project, too many for me to document( I’m just too lazy) so this is the mini version. For now enjoy!

157_6069-1.jpg

157_6077.jpg

157_6131.jpg

157_6096.jpg

157_6106.jpg

157_6181-1.jpg

157_6173.jpg

157_6126.jpg

157_6110.jpg

157_6104.jpg

DSC_00112.jpg

157_6165.jpg

wow....simply amazing.... :) may i know how do you repaint the predator? the method u used coz im starting out and i wanna repaint my berserker :)

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back