unless you have an amazing 3d printer , i think really fine detail would be lost anyway. when you think how small this part is .

You just need to visit moffeaton ´s x-wing cockpit thread and you will see that the level of detail needed for a decent replica of those dental spanners is quite doable on a medium-range machine.

this new pic shows the text on the screw better.
adjusted screw.png

Very cool. I'm collecting parts to build a Vader reveal helmet, I have castings of some, but I'm not sure if they are castings of real ones or repros. I'd love to get my hands on real ones. I did see someone else has made a model of them and it's up on shapeways, you can even get 3d printed metal ones, they are still super expensive and I have no idea how accurate they are.

Very cool. I'm collecting parts to build a Vader reveal helmet, I have castings of some, but I'm not sure if they are castings of real ones or repros. I'd love to get my hands on real ones. I did see someone else has made a model of them and it's up on shapeways, you can even get 3d printed metal ones, they are still super expensive and I have no idea how accurate they are.
I too would love to find real ones! But finding metal exact replicas would be really cool too! Wish i had a 3d printer though. Also, i feel like metal 3d printing may be expensive...

Would be a great candidate for a metal casting !!! Hint hint !
Man i wish! Don't have the resources though.

Really? Metal ones would be cool ! I’ve been working on and off( mostly off ) on a reveal helmet for 30 years

Trust me...it would be the slowest moving thread in RPF history. I’ve been on here and TDH more in the past week than the whole last decade combined. Working on my own unique take on everybody’s favorite bounty hunter. That’s why Vader took a back seat

Trust me...it would be the slowest moving thread in RPF history. I’ve been on here and TDH more in the past week than the whole last decade combined. Working on my own unique take on everybody’s favorite bounty hunter. That’s why Vader took a back seat
Haha! I sorta understand. I'm not gonna say everything here though.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back