My budget TMNT ooze canister build

dbalschi

Sr Member
Checking in here with my first build in over 10 years. I have always wanted a TMNT ooze canister but don't have the funds to shell out for a machine made one. I figured I could make myself a budget version using PVC. The goal is to make 2 of these for under thirty dollars. I started off by buying a 2 foot section of 3 inch PVC pipe and cutting it in half so I now have 2 1 foot sections.
Pipecutinhalf.jpg

I decided to primer them first to help my paint stick to them better
primerpaint.jpg

This is the green I will be using once the primer is dried. You can't tell from the picture but it is a pretty close match.
slimecolortest.jpg

For the endcaps I decided to use PVC extenders
pipeconnector1.jpg

They have a ridge on the inside though so I will be using a dremel to grind it down.
pipeconnector2.jpg

Because I don't want the ends to be open I am actually going to use a plastic for sale sign and cutting circles out to cap it.

I'm working on a template for the holes on the outside of the endcap and will be using a dremel for those too.

Hopefully I will have some more progress later tonight or tomorrow.

Excellent, this is going to come out great.

What will you use for the silver part under TGRI label? I think they were silver tape in the film, but others choose to build them out.

Excellent, this is going to come out great.

What will you use for the silver part under TGRI label? I think they were silver tape in the film, but others choose to build them out.

I got another for sale sign that is very thin metal. I figure I can cut it to size and use the tube to bend it into shape.

That's a great idea!

I supposed you can also Use another length of tube and dremel out a panel and it should fit over the other one.

i bought a huge box full of original TGRI canisters years ago. a lot of pre-production canisters had silver tape... it may have been that metal ductwork tape. the screen-used canisters used cut strips of PVC that were painted silver for the "logo strip". i've heard of one stunt canister that used the metal tape, though.

great build, man! keep up the good work!

Thank you for the words of encouragement guys. It's been a little slow going today. I've just been finishing and double checking the rest of my measurements. I'm about to get ready to cut the holes in the endcaps. Hope to have pictures soon and then it will be a mad dash to the finish and hopefully this "OT Warrior" will have a nice display piece.

Nearing the home stretch and came up with some designs for the "window" cut outs on the endcaps. I'm leaning towards the one on the top left.
roundedrectangle.jpg

My idea for the side plates didn't work out either so I'm just going to use some automative metal mend tape
0000000050768.jpg

Last edited:
i bought a huge box full of original TGRI canisters years ago. a lot of pre-production canisters had silver tape... it may have been that metal ductwork tape. the screen-used canisters used cut strips of PVC that were painted silver for the "logo strip". i've heard of one stunt canister that used the metal tape, though.

great build, man! keep up the good work!

Thanks for the info D!

So what color did you use for the green and have you figured out how you're going to do the letters yet, or is there a font out there for the letters?

micdavis actually helped me out with the letters so a big thank you goes his way and for the life of me I can't remember what color paint. When I get home I'll check that and post it up here.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back