My BTTF Inspired Bag V2 Page 4

I think you nailed the shape! And the decals are the icing on the cake. How are you going to color the dots in the handle recess?

Thank you :) Apart from the handle needing to be a touch shorter, yes I am liking the shape too.

I've drilled the 6 holes in each panel. I guess I will place some sort of backing and fill each side's holes with the same yellow epoxy I have used for the letters. Not 100% sure yet.

It was asked earlier if I could make the ends thinner at the tip and not so rounded.

Yeah I made a new tool and pulled 6 parts.

These are my testers in white 3mm HIPS. The other 4 are in the black 3mm ABS.

I will trim them up tomorrow.
0acc0b2540fb2fe9e7daa5884e1a9b79.jpg
78dcb0cad8fa9cf114d8c2b7a0b3cc88.jpg

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk

Re: My BTTF Inspired Bag V2 Page 4 - Now Complete

I took my tubebag out on it's first outing today. Dreamworld on the Gold Coast, had a Lego exhibition and where the draw card for me was a Delorean time machine.

So I packed up the shoes and jacket into the bag and carried in the tube bag. Lots of stares, no comments. The car was quite a bit smaller than it
looked in the promo photos. #geekdad
b991d2c0cdca291351ffbc0c31b15a9d.jpg

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Re: My BTTF Inspired Bag V2 Page 4 - Now Complete

Pull your pants pockets inside out, all the cool geek dads wear their pants like that in 2018 ;P
Bag looks amazing and you make the Lego DeLo look even better :).
Keep up the good work

Tooling Epoxy.jpg
OK after a bit of a time delay, I am hopefully going to be back on track.

The cast end caps are not strong and the first tube bag that was mailed out was smashed up. To fix this, I am going back to vacuum forming them. To make this possible, I have had to make new tools and I am using this aluminium tooling resin which is especially made for vacuum forming.
Tooling Epoxy.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back