My bio plus innards.

hez1

I've been working on this on and off for a while, and it's gotten to a point where I can at least show it off! The idea I went for was that this is passed from clan leader to clan leader, hence all the glyphs on it. I still need to put some more techy looking stuff in there, but not too much, plus a couple of other finishing touches. The curve of the bio is making it look kinda odd in photos, but what do ya think?

IMG_0098-1.jpg.gif

hez,

Lookin good, I like the idea of the writing inside... maybe in addition to the clan leader's name, it also has a reference to the database about his memorable hunt.

Techy stuff.... I wonder if small pressure switches can fit in there.... :lol:

---
Ei'luj

Well, on the bit just above the eyes (oh yes, the stuff around the eyes is in serious need of more clean up work) I scratched some designs, plus some random glyph-type designs, and decided that it was a list of previous clan leaders, sort of a clan leader 'family tree'.

For techy stuff I was thinking of picking up a couple of model kits or something and cannabalising what I can. :lol:

Hez,

Regarding the Techy stuff:
I wonder if those tiny circuit cards out of a yardsale camcorder can be coated (what would stick?) & painted.... this is giving me inspiration for my bio...

---
Ei'luj

Its something i often wonderd why we hadnt seen it before.

after seeing the HCG version, i was more intrigued, gota say yours is looking real good so far. :lol:

Looking good Paul. I am thinking about doing some interior details to my Boar bio. I have been collecting bits and pieces for it for the last couple of weeks.

Breaking open a few busted CD/DVD players etc etc turns up some wonderful greeblies Paul, i like what your doing here, really "finishes" the helmet!
If your looking into kits, Tamiya 1/12 F1's and a lot of armor kits turn up some really great parts, but that an expensive route, trust me lol.

lee

Hey thanks guys. I think I need to go back and smooth out a lot of stuff, especially around the eyes, and I may have to redo the scrollwork if I do that. A pain, but I think it'll be worth it.

Lee, I'll try out the armour kits, see what I can find. 1/12 scale is a little more cash than I feel like flashing on this. :lol:

FYI, anyone attempting this should realise the bio will definitely NOT be wearable afterwards! I think this one is up to nearly 3lbs or so, so far.

Paul

Buddy if your looking into armor, check out the Tamiya 88mm Gunflak, great little donor kit, also Hasegawa's Leopold and Morser Karl, great kits for greeblies too.
I agree on the F1's they are pricey, i have quite a stash of them but its took a while to collect due to rarity and high prices, though the 1/20 kits still provide great parts for cheap money?

One good effect you could put in, a row of brass K&S tubing, around 1mm, kind of like a running set of conduits around the mask/dome, that would really give it a kinda "Vader" reveal look, could be cool, and you got me even thinking now how far one could go....its an endless road of insanity hehe!

lee

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back