My "angry" Howler from Harry Potter

belsilene

Hello:

I have the pride to introduce you all my first attempt to make a howler in its angry look.
I hope you enjoy it.

howleracabado3.jpg

howleracabado2.jpg

ha6x.jpg

Last edited:
OK, that looks GREAT. Any chance a tutorial, or maybe some build/in-progress photos?

P.S. :thumbsup :thumbsup

Oh! I'm sorry, I have the bad habit of not taking pictures in the process, since I am entertained by the piece itself.
Anyway, it's only a thin aluminum sheet folded as if it were paper. (And painted with matte red, of course).
I have some practice with the handling of materials and folded it as intuition said me. (With a couple of cuts on the fingers as the result of the experience :) )
Glad you like it

Aluminum sheet??? That's amazing! Is the "letter" itself paper, or something else made to look like paper, as well?

What gauge of aluminum sheet did you use for the envelope?

Aluminum sheet??? That's amazing! Is the "letter" itself paper, or something else made to look like paper, as well?

What gauge of aluminum sheet did you use for the envelope?

Oh no, the letter is just paper :) In fact it is one of the things I want to improve, because with the desire of seeing it finished I have not taken too much time on this. The backing paper with the name of Ron is a sticker, I have to redraw also to have it to my liking.

As for the aluminum sheet is relatively common here to do crafts like this:

Aluminio para repujado color "Cobre"
http://www.tonatiuh.cc/metal.htm

Although I think could be done on pieces of soda cans, very carefully, because they cut very much.

Last edited:
Fantastic work, it looks really great. I made one out of paper a while ago but has sinced been squished so will defo make another, I love the way you've mounted it.

Fantastic work, it looks really great. I made one out of paper a while ago but has sinced been squished so will defo make another, I love the way you've mounted it.

Thanks. That's why I made it ​​of metal. I encourage you to do it with a thin foil of aluminium, copper or iron, (cans or something like that if you don't have sheets), you can cut even with the scissors, but wear gloves, It cuts very much.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back