Mulan (Pre-release)

dascoyne

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I think this looks magnificent.
I always felt the core of the 1998 animated film was diluted by the obligatory Disney tropes, like the animal sidekicks and musical numbers. Thank goodness there's no CGI cringe-Mushu. And they don't need to dwell too long on social commentary about breaking gender stereotypes. I just want this film to be about the strength of her character and will and about her love and devotion to her family.

Last edited:
WOW ! Looking like a pretty faithful adaptation of the animated film without CGI characters ( at least going by that trailer ), and it’ll be cool to see when released ..., but where’s ‘granny’ !?

If Disney wants to appeal to the Chinese audience they will understand that Mulan isn’t motivated by self-interest (e.g. trying to prove her worth) but by devotion to her family.

Good to see Rosalind Chao.
Haha the moment I heard her voice I was like, omg that's kaiko :D

Yeah I was the same... I'm not a fan of these remakes. But genuinely that teaser impressed me... Looked more like a straight up movie than a Disney film...

I'll be keeping an eye on this

I was never a fan of the animated film. I enjoy the Disney animated films, but Mulan never grabbed me. Though I have to admit that this trailer looks promising. I would see it. It looks worlds better than the live action Aladdin remake.

I’m really excited for this. I have a asian friend I use to work with, she looks exactly like mulan from the cartoon so that’s what we all called her.

Her and I would sing the song together

“Let’s get down to business!! And defeat!! The hun!!!”

“Did they send me daughters, instead... of sons!!”

Haven’t heard from her in a long time, when this trailer aired I got a text, gonna go watch it with all my old co-workers. Think I’m gonna make a cheap cosplay for her

I liked the trailer and would definitely go see this.
My only objection is that the movie is spoken in english while it takes place in China.The chosen language feels like a concession for the sake of wider audience.I personally prefer chinese with english subtitles.Other than that: huge fan of asian movies.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back