Mulan (Pre-release)

Apparently, there's been clarification around the $30 charge. It's not a rental, it's a "purchase" that will give you access to the film as long as you remain a subscriber to Disney+.

This movie wasn't projected to do well in the first place. Pure Chinese pandering, and ditching everything that made the original animated film charming like Mushu and the songs. Not to mention Shang got Me-tooed out of the movie.

This is just Disney's way to try to gouge out a profit from those who actually wanted to see this movie.

Disney just can't win, can they? Make a beat for beat live action remake people complain. Make an adaption that's not a beat for beat remake and people complain.

Disney just can't win, can they? Make a beat for beat live action remake people complain. Make an adaption that's not a beat for beat remake and people complain.
I thought Beauty and the Beast was actually a perfect blend of new and old. Too much beat for beat like The Lion King, and the movie doesn't justify itself. Too much removal of what made a movie fun in the first place, and it might as well not even be worth calling a remake.

It really is the main complaint I've seen of most of their recent stuff. no one is willing to accept new takes on things, and then the same people turn around and ridicule the things that are the same.

Not sure how pointing out the obvious ruins it for you.

Is it that you can only enjoy it as long as you don't know that others don't?

260 million in just 2 weeks in only the US. Thats a huge success. I hope this means some more delayed films get this treatment.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back