MrBibou's Spider-Man Comic suit - now with pics from the premiere with the cast !

Re: MrBibou's Amazing Spider-Man Comic suit - original design

That's really too bad about the sizing on your McLean print. But this is looking incredible!

Update time.
Got the back and wrist zippers sewed today. I bought 60cm zippers for the back and they went a bit further than the armpit point. I've never seen any suit with a zipper that extended a bit on the upper part of the arm. It would allow the suit to open a bit more and make it easier to get in and out of it.
Do you guys know if I can sew the zipper from the mid back to the triceps without a problem of any kind, or if I should make it stop at the armpit ?

1393796886-capture-d-ecran-2014-03-02-a-22-46-05.png

1393796890-capture-d-ecran-2014-03-02-a-22-45-54.png

1393796920-capture-d-ecran-2014-03-02-a-22-45-09.png

1393796912-capture-d-ecran-2014-03-02-a-22-46-41.png

Looks great to me. I find the belt could sit a little lower but I can live with that.
Here a quick test to see how the frames look :

1393796907-capture-d-ecran-2014-03-02-a-22-46-29.png

1393796886-capture-d-ecran-2014-03-02-a-22-46-16.png

Bonus time, I did a ductape mannequin of myself to put the suit on so I can draw the web with the fabric stretched at the tension of my body.

1393796917-capture-d-ecran-2014-03-02-a-22-44-58.png

Never trust someone with a marker when you got your head stuck in tape.

1393796893-capture-d-ecran-2014-03-02-a-22-45-19.png

I can see the end of it now, everything is going well so far !

Very cool and classic design. Really enjoying seeing the techniques you are using.

Would you consider selling the ASM one that's too small?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know if anyone's mentioned it already, but that finger-sewing is freaking amazing

Thanks, my mom's skills with a sewing machine are kinda ridiculous ;)

Would you consider selling the ASM one that's too small?

Will probably put it in the JY soon, stay tunned.

Update time.

So I started drawing the webbing and god, this is awful.
Holding that dead marker sharpie in hand is just so stressful, one mistake and it's over and boy, mistakes I did..
I started out drawing the pattern on a small paper to get an idea where I was heading, then traced it on the template I used to cut the suit, even that part was tricky, using a ruler to mark each intersection took so damn long :

1394007961-capture-d-ecran-2014-03-05-a-09-23-37.png

The thing is, once sewed, the fabric streched a LOT, making the real red piece a lot larger than the original pattern..
So I put my suit on my dummy and used a temporary fabric marker to mark some lines, held my breath and started the webbing.

1394007960-capture-d-ecran-2014-03-05-a-09-23-49.png

To days after and a lot of stress released, here's what I got :

1394007957-capture-d-ecran-2014-03-05-a-09-24-04.png

1394007961-capture-d-ecran-2014-03-05-a-09-24-15.png

1394007953-capture-d-ecran-2014-03-05-a-09-24-25.png

I first used Raimi pattern as a guide and tried to add other line because I wanted a tighter web design but adding more line and trying to get the aline with the seams juste seamed impossible as I was going.
doing the arm was the trickiest part as they are long pieces and in the end, I ended up doing a mistake and draw a line toward the right instead of the left. So I had to put it back in the right position as best as I could but ended up with a side larger than the other..
But in the end It's not that noticeable if you look at the suit from a good angle.
I'm pretty satisfied of how it turned out, especially as I had to freed hand them.
I definitely get the homemade effect I wanted and will probably stick to this look instead of raised web.

Tell me what ya think buds !

Man...paint those webs 3d.
You've already gone this far and doing a damn good job.
Maybe airbrush very very subtle muscle shading.
Then paint the bricks on the blue sections.
Go all out with this! The end result will blow everyone out of the water.

Man...paint those webs 3d.
You've already gone this far and doing a damn good job.
Maybe airbrush very very subtle muscle shading.
Then paint the bricks on the blue sections.
Go all out with this! The end result will blow everyone out of the water.
He's stated several times that he wants to do the webs flat like in the comic. Let him do his project the way he wants to, it's already blowing people out of the water. He doesn't have to do anything other than what HE wants to do.

I agree, I think the flat look will really bring out his road to making it comic like. I feel like the muscle shading would ruin it, but like Lunaman said, it's his suit, he can do as he pleases, really looking forward to seeing how this will come as the final piece. REALLY loving what's going on here.

Add lasers and a robotic leg and a katana and have Spidey always smoking a cigar...

...oh right, it's your project. :p

Seriously, this clearly takes tons of dedication and patience you should be really proud of what you've done here. You've got yourself a gorgeous suit and it's painfully close to completion! I bet you can't wait.

-Nick

This is beautiful work man. I wish I had half your talent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back