MR Solo ELITE blaster

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by nwjedidave, Jun 22, 2006.

1. nwjedidave

nwjedidave Sr Member

from the email:

Whether avoiding imperial entanglements, fending off would be assassins, or rescuing princesses in distress, Han Solo does it all with his trusty DL-44 blaster by his side.

Our first Elite Edition release of 2006 is a spectacular new replica of the firearm carried by everyoneÂ’s favorite Corellian pirate.

Created from premium materials, this exclusive Elite Edition blaster is built on an all new replica of an antique German semi-automatic pistol, and features incredible custom machined details that until recently remained unknown.

Crafted with our customary quality and attention to detail, this fully authorized replica has been recreated from Lucasfilm archival materials and features:

Never-before-seen details
    Die-cast metal construction
    See-through scope
    Real wood grips
    Machined steel replica MG81 booster/flash-suppressor
    Pristine paint finish
    Museum quality display case with mirrored base and acrylic cover
    Prop story, numbered plaque and Certificate of Authenticity
    Limited to 1250 pieces worldwide

$649.00
    Collectors Society
    On Sale Date:
    June 27, 2006
    (9:00am Pacific Time)

General Public
    On Sale Date:
    Not Available

Expected to begin
    shipping Fall 2006

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

NWJEDI
    dave

2. kuyadavid

kuyadavid Well-Known Member

Yep. It appears to be something that I desperately need.

3. redeye

redeye Well-Known Member

Man... I wish they would sell them for $300 and make a higher run so that alot of us can get it.

4. phase pistol

phase pistol Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

That's just the thing for shooting first. B)

5. Jediwannabe

Jediwannabe Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I still wish it were weathered. But they've got my business and know it.

6. temponaut

temponaut Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

<div class='quotetop'>(Jediwannabe @ Jun 23 2006, 02:49 PM) [snapback]1266450[/snapback]</div>
    Keep it in your collection long enough and it will be. :p

Yes, I did get this mail and, yes, it appears to be something that I, too, desperately need. :D

7. MikeyX

MikeyX Well-Known Member

I wish they'd given a bit more notice on this one - one of my reasons for joining the CS was to get one of these and now there's a 50/50 chance that I won't be anywhere near a computer when they go on sale :(

8. Benkenove

Benkenove Well-Known Member

$650 for the pistol/blaster ??? pufff. too much isnt it ?

9. IFA

IFA Sr Member

I find that the first original MR Han blaster was really better than this one......

10. Apollo

Apollo Legendary Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I got it and I am glad I don't collect any Solo Props. :D

11. rmschneider104

rmschneider104 Sr Member

I'll be passing. Just from the fact that I already have the first release. I can totally see why others would want in on the fun, though.

12. Cirielle

Cirielle Active Member

I want one of these myself....I just don't know if I can swing the cash....

I mean - I haven't even signed up again for the CS for this year....

I wish I could convince the hubby that I really should have this. :angel

13. Darth Fetty

Darth Fetty Well-Known Member

I don't really like the whole concept of Elite Editions, but for some reason I really want this one. I don't know why, but I do.

Here's a pic....

[​IMG]

(they let a little spelling mistake go by)

14. aljf

aljf Well-Known Member

How do I order this ? I joined the Collectors society, and so far I just received my membership card :cry

Regards,
    aljf :confused

15. Unfated

Unfated Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I just think that MR's items are just to expensive. It is less money
    to just buy the parts and build your own. I can get the pistol, and
    machined parts for a fraction of the price, and it would be more authentic.

16. Cirielle

Cirielle Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>(aljf @ Jun 23 2006, 09:03 AM) [snapback]1266571[/snapback]</div>
    You don't need your card...you just sign into the site and it will be up...

17. AndySertin

AndySertin Well-Known Member

I think I'll be skipping yet another.... I can't justify this one. I've tried, beilieve me I have but alas, no go.

18. yodaman

yodaman Sr Member

Yep, I'm passing on this one too. I already have the LE and don't need another. Besides, there will likely be a SE version at some point ;)

19. rad1701

rad1701 Sr Member

Passing too. I have the LE which I think is pretty nice. Plus I just ordered that big Enterprise. I can only give MR so much of my money in one year. ;)

20. MikeyX

MikeyX Well-Known Member

Well since the shipping on a Boba blaster to the UK is $270.12 from MR I might be forced to pass on this as well :(

21. superjedi

superjedi Sr Member

I got the email too. Been waiting a while for this one.
    I'll be ordering. :)

22. arkangel

arkangel Well-Known Member

I missed out on the first one, so I'm hoping to get in this time around. The fact that it's based on a Mauser rather than a denix, has a see through scope, and includes the little * details that came to light since the last release make it more than appealing. Time to drain the Falcon fund. Hopefully there's a fair bit of time before that one's released. lol

23. Darth Fetty

Darth Fetty Well-Known Member

Somehow they got away with giving it a working trigger too.

24. Gigatron

Gigatron Sr Member

Looks nice and all, but that's a bit pricey. And that's coming from someone who just spent $500 on a big garbage can with a mirror stuck in it :lol .

I understand the high price / collectability stand point, but I'd think they'd do better with lower prices and a wider fan base (i.e. higher edition numbers).

-Fred

P.S. I wonder if that's the muzzle that Raz blueprinted for them when he was still "Gabe".

25. RedTwoX

RedTwoX Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>(Gigatron @ Jun 23 2006, 11:54 AM) [snapback]1266721[/snapback]</div>

I have to agree. Exclusivity holds no value for me. I honestly don't care if I have "1 of 1,250" or "1 of 1,250,000" just so long as I have one. At $600+... I will not have one. I want it, but I can't justify that kind of money on a dust collector. I'll be finding another means to add a Solo ANH blaster to my collection. That stated, I suspect they won't have any trouble selling the full run.

<div class='quotetop'></div>

I believe it is. If there's another source I have not heard of it. Anyone out there know more details?

26. Solo

Solo Sr Member

Pristine, meaning an awesome matte powder coat finish, I assume. :confused Shouldn't they have some shine to them? I have one of the original run models and it's blued.

Good luck with that "pristine" blaster, guys. I'll just stick with my highly inaccurate model. :rolleyes

As the MR Falcon was mentioned, how much is THAT going to cost us? Anyone know?

27. Duck9000

Duck9000 Well-Known Member

<div class='quotetop'>(MikeyX @ Jun 23 2006, 08:39 AM) [snapback]1266489[/snapback]</div>
    That's sucks Mikey. I hope you can do it

28. Markimus

Markimus New Member

I like that this has real wood in the handle and a see- thru scope plus a working Hammer AND trigger....

doesn't that make it a little extra special ? or not? :confused

29. Betamin

Betamin Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

How many are being offered up for the collectors society buyers? If I joined today on the MR site, would I be able to try and get one in such a short time from from joining to sale date?

30. kuyadavid

<div class='quotetop'>(Betamin @ Jun 23 2006, 03:50 PM) [snapback]1266932[/snapback]</div>
    Yes. If you purchase a CS membership, your account will automatically be tagged as a CS member. When you go to the site to purchase, just log in first and then you will have access to ordering CS items.

31. Betamin

Betamin Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Cool, thanks for the info. :)

32. Jedi_Mansur

Jedi_Mansur New Member

I'm definitely ordering. I have the other 3 EEs released so far and have been looking forward to this one. The only "dent" in the plan is the Falcon pricing. Depending on its price and release date, I may have to re-think this purchase. Right now, the Falcon trumps all my other purchasing desires . . . .

33. BladeMasterFemme

BladeMasterFemme New Member

I would love to have it, but must settle for my ESB version instead. To many other big item coming in right now.

34. midnightfett

midnightfett New Member

(Looks nice and all, but that's a bit pricey. And that's coming from someone
    who just spent $500 on a big garbage can with a mirror stuck in it)

A telescope?

35. Jedi_Rainman

Jedi_Rainman Well-Known Member

I have one of the originals and at first, I was disappointed that they were making another, but I still want one now to add with the rest :thumbsup

36. Ivanhotep

Ivanhotep Well-Known Member

So, what are the chances this edition will be followed by a weathered, Ford signature edition, "as seen in the film"? Remember the AT-AT?

I'd like one, but I think I will wait for the other shoe to drop before clicking any "buy" buttons. In the meantime, I have the first edition to admire.

37. aljf

aljf Well-Known Member

<div class='quotetop'>(Cirielle @ Jun 23 2006, 08:17 AM) [snapback]1266582[/snapback]</div>
    You don't need your card...you just sign into the site and it will be up...
    [/b][/quote]

I did log in and a ad pops up asking me to me to become a Collertor Society member ???

38. Gigatron

Gigatron Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>(midnightfett @ Jun 24 2006, 08:33 AM) [snapback]1267163[/snapback]</div>
    Yup, you can see that bad boy in this thread

http://www.rpf.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=111929

-Fred

39. Corellianexports

Corellianexports Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

$650 is a bit high, but what does seem like a reasonable price? $500? $450?

40. DL 44 Blaster

DL 44 Blaster Sr Member

Hows about $250 bucks and a run of 4000 :D

If they could sell all 4000 they'd make nearly $20k more ;) C'mon MR open up the flood gates and let the Elite editions flow through us. :lol

Steve

41. sithmasterjedi

sithmasterjedi Well-Known Member

I know I'll regret it but I'm passing on this one. I'll save some money for the fett helmet.

42. Solo

Solo Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>(sithmasterjedi @ Jun 24 2006, 06:40 PM) [snapback]1267528[/snapback]</div>

*. There's a Fett helmet coming?. So, now I've got to worry about how to pay for that too. I wish I worked for MR.

43. kuyadavid

Got mine ordered. :)

44. temponaut

temponaut Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

<div class='quotetop'>(kuyadavid @ Jun 28 2006, 01:02 AM) [snapback]1269221[/snapback]</div>
    Me, too.

$215.74 for FedEx Economy shipping to Tokyo. :cry

45. kuyadavid

<div class='quotetop'>(temponaut @ Jun 27 2006, 09:08 AM) [snapback]1269230[/snapback]</div>
    Me, too.

[/b][/quote]

Yikes. That's brutal.

I am just happy that they will ship it to me in California -- unlike the stormtrooper and rebel blasters which they would not ship to CA and several other states. Had to ship those to a friend in Las Vegas and have him "run them over the border" to me. :)

46. Hirohawa

Hirohawa Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>(temponaut @ Jun 27 2006, 09:08 AM) [snapback]1269230[/snapback]</div>
    Me, too.

[/b][/quote]

I had to pay 8.25% sales tax on this so I feel your pain.

47. Duck9000

Duck9000 Well-Known Member

I don't have the LE, so I ordered the EE :)

48. aljf

aljf Well-Known Member

Got mine ordered :D

49. Jedi_Rainman

Jedi_Rainman Well-Known Member

I decided against ordering this one which is my first missed one ever...We all have bills and they couldn't have come at a more worse time...Oh well

50. Benkenove

Benkenove Well-Known Member

How the heck can they call it ECONOMY when they charge you $215.74......

I think people on MR are a little stupid... why the hell dont offer different shipment options ??? There are more tackable options like USPS EMS, works great and is 1/3 for sure ...

Insane ... dont know what is worst, MR prices, MR customer service or MR shipping rates ...