MR rocketeer helmet

The MR may not be accurate in almost every way... but you have to agree that it being metal IS cool! That is the wow factor, specially for the non hardcore costumers. I have both ACME and the MR and wear the MR at Cons because people will tap on the helmet and I've had the fin yanked several times. I don't want to put my ACME through that! Also I've learned for pictures to always look to the side or at an angle to minimize squished head look. It may not be accurate, but I still give love to the MR!

- Jeff

Re: Jeff & Nickytea - I don't blame you guys at all for liking the MR. Jeff, I understand your reasoning for wearing it to cons. It's definitely more durable. Doesn't it constantly make you look up? My experience with one was that it was surprisingly back heavy because of the fin. :p

And I do NOT have any intention of knocking anybody that likes the MR at all! I like it... I'm just a bit of an obsessive about Rocketeer helmets. Ultimately though, all of this stuff is aesthetics and personal taste anyway, y'know, so to each his own.

For me personally, the metal factor is sorta cool for me strictly as a novelty factor but you've gotta remember, for a few years I got to own a 100% legit, screen-used hero helmet. Nothing much compares to that in my book, y'know? You haven't known cool until you've looked at yourself in a mirror while wearing a helmet Bill Campbell wore and you got to watch on screen in the film (no matter what it's made of.) :cool That's just the two cents of someone really obsessed though...

I prefer the original production method also because I know the details of it and I also have a tendency to like the nostalgia of screen-used prop collecting when it comes to Rocketeer stuff. For me personally, that boils down to accuracy to the way it was done originally. That's not to say anybody that likes it a different way is wrong in my book.

Steve, thanks for the info! Words straight from the horses mouth!

Last edited:
lol, yeah I can totally understand that after owning a real one... I guess it comes down to "if it's not Scottish... it's CRRRRAP!" :lol

The MR helmet SUCKS!
FYI: We received a casting off the original helmet from Disney. We all thought it would be cooler in metal (right?) so we asked (company name deleted to protect their awfulness) if they could EXACTLY replicate the fiberglass copy in metal.

SD thank you for the explanation...

I own the Prototype Master Replica Helmet (casting off the original) and a Master Replicas final production helmet...I took time to take a picture to show the difference. You can see how squished the helmet is. I took the picture a few feet back with my zoom on to get the perfect shape.

95e6897b-1.jpg

94cd4923.jpg

Prototype Helmet
9e4254d9.jpg

Little Icon MR Used on their website of the Prototype helmet
4e8b5ac7.jpg

Pictures of the MR booth at a Toy Fair...Shows the prototype statue and prototype helmet
eef94d77.jpg

fa9e4831.jpg

Last edited:
this is best Rocketeer helmet thread ever!!!! ***** i think i've learned so much in these last posts then I ever thought imaginable!! awesome!! shame the squished factor, im staring at my rocketeer MR mask next to my medicom next to my tick cowl. damn shame, what is it about finhead that makes you want to wear it and walk around?? awesome.!

I took the picture a few feet back with my zoom on to get the perfect shape.

95e6897b-1.jpg

Hey, where'd you learn that trick? :p

Can't tell you how long it took me to figure out why my helmet photos kept distorting and it seems so simple in hindsight. Quite a difference that little trick makes in showing them how they're supposed to look.

By the way, when are you going to line up all of your helmets and take a picture for me? If you really want to rub my nose in it, just do that... :lol

what is it about finhead that makes you want to wear it and walk around?? awesome.!

I like walking around my house naked wearing nothing but the helmet..:love haha jk

Hey, where'd you learn that trick? :p

Can't tell you how long it took me to figure out why my helmet photos kept distorting and it seems so simple in hindsight. Quite a difference that little trick makes in showing them how they're supposed to look.

By the way, when are you going to line up all of your helmets and take a picture for me? If you really want to rub my nose in it, just do that... :lol

I wish I would have read your tips before I started taking pictures..Took me a few dozen pictures to figure it out. My helmets kept on coming out looking like the mr helmet..i FINALLY figured it out when I took a picture of one of the helmets on my old armoire from a downward angle a few feet back...what a pain it would have saved me

Here is a picture I took awhile back with my new set-up in my room...It has all my helmets except the Metal Master Replicas helmet..It is a pain to get them all in one shot..it is too wide of a shot and you cant get much detail out of the helmets because I am standing too far back. I dont own an acme helmet or a medicom helmet..I havent bought an ACME helmet because I figured it will be a waste of money because I already have two production helmets and the prototype master replica helmet that was casted off from a original...I rather save my money for other props or finally finishing the pack..Medicom helmet is cool, but it isnt a necessity right now so I am holding off.

By the way rob, check your personal email...

Left to right: Possible Wolf Morgan Helmet, Prototype Master Replicas helmet, design setters production helmet, raw cast design setters production helmet, raw cast stop motion production helmet, and a fan made helmet made in london
6cb46ce4.jpg

Left to right: Possible Wolf Morgan Helmet, Prototype Master Replicas helmet, design setters production helmet, raw cast design setters production helmet, raw cast stop motion production helmet, and a fan made helmet made in london
6cb46ce4.jpg

:wacko

Now, there's why I both love and hate you at the same time :lol There's only a few private Rocketeer collections that make me green with envy and that's one of 'em... Ah, just kidding on the hate part anyway. I could never hate somebody that has that many Rocketeer helmets. :love

HATE ME MORE NOW! haha

Left to right: Possible Wolf Morgan, Prototype master replica helmet, master replica helmet, Design Setters production helmet, raw cast stop motion production helmet, raw cast design setters production helmet, london fan made helmet
37e360ed-1.jpg

Last edited:
ive never heard of a medicom rocketeer helmet! when did they come out? how could i successfully find one, like what is it properly called on the box "medicom disney the rocketeer helmet"? all im getting are the 12 doll results.

ugh, the helmets alone are giving me a headache.

I'll try to dig the box up. In looking at the inside of the Medicom helmet, it has a black fabric label with the following information:

C 1991 Disney Enterprises, Inc
Medicom Toy
China

I'll try to dig the box up. In looking at the inside of the Medicom helmet, it has a black fabric label with the following information:

C 1991 Disney Enterprises, Inc
Medicom Toy
China

It's called the "Medicom Rocketeer Prop Size Mask"

I posted the box earlier in the thread...

Here is a link to more pictures of the medicom helmet

Medicom lifesize helmet??? - Costumes and Costume Pieces - Discussion Areas - Finhead Central - Message Board

Confusion, did you keep the bar inside your helmet?

I kept the bar inside to ensure I wouldn't be tempted to wear it. The last time I wore the MR helmet I almost cut an ear off! :eek

and here is a RPF thread from 2006 that mentions the Medicom Helmet:

http://www.therpf.com/f9/mr-rocketeer-helmet-now-available-they-fixed-15854/index3.html#post232232

WF2005 (Summer) Limited Edition Commemorative
Los Angeles 1938
Dark age of heroes comes the rocket 翔N!

WF2005 (Summer) Commemorative Limited
No.8 Rimiteddosutachu

● 270mm approximately Takashi Tamotsu
● FRP pre-painted PVC products
Thorough reproduction of detail based on the prop for the filming ●!
● limited 100pieces

※ This product is a display model.被Reru is not so old.

(C) 1991 Disney Enterprises, Inc

※ This product WF2005 (summer) were products sold as Limited Edition Commemorative
We will cancel sale of inventory, orders, and sales of a limited view of the above
The sale of this site is it.

This product was added to our catalog on Wednesday 22 February 2006.

I kept the bar inside to ensure I wouldn't be tempted to wear it. The last time I wore the MR helmet I almost cut an ear off! :eek

and here is a RPF thread from 2006 that mentions the Medicom Helmet:

http://www.therpf.com/f9/mr-rocketeer-helmet-now-available-they-fixed-15854/index3.html#post232232

if you dont mind me asking, do you own acme helmet? if not, what made you choose to purchase a medicom helmet instead of an acme helmet? I'm just curious. I always wondered why a collector would choose a particular helmet over another

Last edited:
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back