MR Luke & Han ESB DL-44 flash hider ??

From the pics I have seen it looks so, but I can't say for sure. This one has bugged me for a while too, so maybe we'll both find out:confused

From the pics I have seen it looks so, but I can't say for sure. This one has bugged me for a while too, so maybe we'll both find out:confused

From what I have gathered here on RPF is that the MR flash hider is pretty accurate and I need an accurate flash hider.

So if the Luke and the Han ESB flash hiders are the same, I'll buy whichever one I can find cheaper to gut it for parts.

Don't think they're the same in the movie. One is fitted to an MGC, the other to a live firing Broomhandle. Krurling looks different on both and I seem to remember Luke's being more roudned???

From what I have gathered here on RPF is that the MR flash hider is pretty accurate and I need an accurate flash hider.

So if the Luke and the Han ESB flash hiders are the same, I'll buy whichever one I can find cheaper to gut it for parts.

Don't think they're the same in the movie. One is fitted to an MGC, the other to a live firing Broomhandle. Krurling looks different on both and I seem to remember Luke's being more roudned???

Movie differences aside; Are the MR ESB flashhiders the same or are they different between the Luke and Han models? :confused

I want to build up a Han ESB DL-44. I need something better than the Blast-Tech flash hider.

I need a good ESB hider as well. Odiwan72 and I were hoping to get Anakin to do a run, but we're not sure how much interest there would be.

Han's Hoth blaster definitely has the taper, whereas Luke's has a radius. Some argue that Han's Bespin blaster had the radius as well, I don't remember if this was ever decided for sure or not.

I thought Han's Bespin and Luke's Bespin blasters were one and the same. i.e the live firing Broomhandle.

Han's Hoth blaster definitely has the taper, whereas Luke's has a radius. Some argue that Han's Bespin blaster had the radius as well, I don't remember if this was ever decided for sure or not.

I need a good ESB hider as well. Odiwan72 and I were hoping to get Anakin to do a run, but we're not sure how much interest there would be.

Well, if it helps, I'd be interested in one. I'd really like to put a more accurate flash hider on this

ESBDL44-1.jpg

I think you're right about the Bespin blaster, Kurtyboy.

I don't think Boba Debt ever did the taper version, but I could be mistaken.

I found this flash hider on eBay about a year ago. I think the guy still makes them, he's in Argentina. Do a search for flash suppressor.

esb001.jpg

esb007.jpg

esb004.jpg

I think I had to do some modding to it (boring out the hole a bit), but I honestly can't remember.

Last edited:
I´m still on the hunt for an accurate Han ESB flashhider as well!

And yes, definately a differnt muzzle between the Han and Luke.

Markus

Was there ever a decisive conclusion reached about the 'knurling' on the Hoth MGC's flas hider (Han's)?

I´m still on the hunt for an accurate Han ESB flashhider as well!

Markus

Yes, I understand that about the movie blasters, but are the MR Luke and Han ESB flash hiders different? From pics they look the same, but I wish I could see a side by side comparison.

I'll try and post pics later, but the MR flash hiders are the same. The only thing that is different is Han's is more of a matte finish, while Luke's is shinny.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back