MR Helmet Update

I'm confident MR will emerge from this transition and regrouping period much stronger, streamlined, and more efficient than it has been...

So this is just a poor choice of words then??

Ok, you've never worked for a company that actually builds into the scheduling and QC and whatever division some time and/or money to cover the inevitable delays/cost overruns??? I can say, unfortunately hehehe, that 20+ years in the working world that the majority of it has been in the corporate world. I've been a project manager for several national level programs, and in my current position I've been Art Director on quite a few international ones. In all of these there has always been built-in buffers whether it's time or money or both.
Yes I know it can be difficult to have departments come together. Try coordinating art submittals from a 3rd party thats on the other side of the world with a production company thats on the complete opposite side from the other company... and then one of the companies servers goes down for several days which puts everyone behind schedule. If the project leader hasn't thought ahead to foresee these kinds of problems then... well bad things happen, hehe.

And true VPs are there to buffer the CEO, but then as the saying goes shiesten rolls downhill, hehehe..

I hear what you're saying, and consider yourself pretty damn lucky to have worked for companies that DID pad their project budgets and schedules to cover unexpected surprises. Unfortunately, I've found (in my 15+ years of corporate experience - HA. 5 short. :p) that that is the exception to the rule. In most cases, if funds or time run out - and they ALWAYS do, money is typically bled from the next quarter's project budget and corners are cut to meet the next project milestone. Often times staff is cut or reassigned, individual workloads are IN-creased, and engineers add 10-20 hours more a week without overtime because they're classified as salary-exempt. There's always a little "robbing Peter to pay Paul" going on in engineering OEMs... :p It's one of the reasons I left the corporate world and struck out on my own. And there's never going back. :D

And to specifically address your question, by saying "transition and regrouping," I wasn't actually referring to staff changes at MR, but rather a re-examination of their QC policy and vendor relationship, something they've been upfrotn and public about, so I'm not really adding any new information. So no, I don't consider it a poor choice of words by any means. :)

- Gabe

Friday................no email from MR. Customer service....I guess they don't care. Calling up and cancelling my orders.

Just noticed that MR was on the boards, so is there any thing new???
Specifically the Special Ops??? Also, i never was emailed back about a replacement acrylic case for my Jango blasters.
Please address the above.
Thank you,
Michael

Hi Goldenrod,

We will be sending out another helmet update early next week.

With regards to the Jango Blasters, we actually do not have any of these cases left. This product has been sold out for a couple of years now and they are all gone. Can you tell me how long ago you emailed us? Did you email customerservice@masterreplicas.com? I just want to look into why you haven't been responded to.

Originally posted by Goldenrod@Mar 29 2006, 06:04 PM
Just noticed that MR was on the boards, so is there any thing new???
Specifically the Special Ops??? Also, i never was emailed back about a replacement acrylic case for my Jango blasters.
Please address the above.
Thank you,
Michael
[snapback]1215568[/snapback]​

Hello Everyone.

I wanted to give you the latest update on the Clone Trooper, Shock Trooper and Special Ops Helmets:

Dear Master Replicas Customer,

As a follow up to our e-mail a couple of weeks ago, we would like to provide you with an update on the Shock Trooper, Special Ops and Clonetrooper Helmets.

As stated in our last update, we had an independent third party agency inspect all of these Helmets in our warehouse the week of March 13th. Unfortunately most of most of these Helmets did not pass our strict quality guidelines for the inspection. Based on these results, we are going to be working with our vendors to determine the best way to remedy the problem. We should know more in a few weeks and will send you another update with the latest information by April 20th.

We sincerely apologize for the delay in shipping these Helmets. We will have an update for you in a few weeks.

Sincerely,

The Master Replicas Team

Originally posted by MRCUSTOMERCARE@Mar 30 2006, 06:51 PM
Hello Everyone.

I wanted to give you the latest update on the Clone Trooper, Shock Trooper and Special Ops Helmets:

As a follow up to our e-mail a couple of weeks ago, we would like to provide you with an update on the Shock Trooper, Special Ops and Clonetrooper Helmets.

As stated in our last update, we had an independent third party agency inspect all of these Helmets in our warehouse the week of March 13th.  Unfortunately most of most of these Helmets did not pass our strict quality guidelines for the inspection.  Based on these results, we are going to be working with our vendors to determine the best way to remedy the problem.  We should know more in a few weeks and will send you another update with the latest information by April 20th.

We sincerely apologize for the delay in shipping these Helmets. We will have an update for you in a few weeks.

Sincerely,

The Master Replicas Team
[snapback]1216275[/snapback]​

Well STILL waiting for you to send me....a customer....an email..........

Dear JP,

The email went out to everyone who ordered directly from us today. We do not have have information on people that ordered through retailers that is why we post on the forums and the BLOG, as well as sending our retailers the updates so they can pass it on to their customers.

If you did order from us and did not receive the email, you may want to check in your SPAM folder because ISPs more often then not will post our mass emails as SPAM or sometimes block them completely from getting to you.

Originally posted by JP05+Mar 31 2006, 01:50 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JP05 @ Mar 31 2006, 01:50 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-MRCUSTOMERCARE
@Mar 30 2006, 06:51 PM
Hello Everyone.

As stated in our last update, we had an independent third party agency inspect all of these Helmets in our warehouse the week of March 13th.  Unfortunately most of most of these Helmets did not pass our strict quality guidelines for the inspection.  Based on these results, we are going to be working with our vendors to determine the best way to remedy the problem.  We should know more in a few weeks and will send you another update with the latest information by April 20th.

Sincerely,

The Master Replicas Team
[snapback]1216275[/snapback]​

Well STILL waiting for you to send me....a customer....an email..........
[snapback]1216525[/snapback]​
[/b]

Originally posted by MRCUSTOMERCARE@Mar 31 2006, 02:00 AM
Dear JP,

The email went out to everyone who ordered directly from us today.  We do not have have information on people that ordered through retailers that is why we post on the forums and the BLOG, as well as sending our retailers the updates so they can pass it on to their customers. 

If you did order from us and did not receive the email, you may want to check in your SPAM folder because ISPs more often then not will post our mass emails as SPAM or sometimes block them completely from getting to you.

I ordered directly from you...on the website. Not a retailer. Nothing in my spam folder, just checked it. Never got the other email you were sending out to all the customers. Last time I spoke to customer service all my information was up to date. I will call again and see what is up.

Steve

I'll pose the question in here since MR seems to be paying attention to this thread; When can we expect the final edition plaques for the LE saber's to ship? We were told late Feb-early March, but that time has passed.

Hi PnatheraGem,

The plaques for the Yoda and Sidious are starting to ship out this week. We anticipate it will take about 3 weeks to get them all out. Once we have shipped those we will start on the others. We think it will take about 2 months to get them all shipped out.

Originally posted by PnatheraGem@Mar 31 2006, 03:16 AM
I'll pose the question in here since MR seems to be paying attention to this thread; When can we expect the final edition plaques for the LE saber's to ship? We were told late Feb-early March, but that time has passed.
[snapback]1216591[/snapback]​

No helmets, no idea when they will ship, no plaques either.... :( So why not offer a discount on the helmets? They are not numbered like they were supposed to be so what is the point of the extra cost now????? Sorry this wait is way past acceptable. Yes I ordered them, yes I paid for them. I understand stuff happens but this is just unbelievable......... Oh well, the wait continues..............

<div class='quotetop'>(Tambo Fett @ Aug 23 2006, 11:10 AM) [snapback]1305810[/snapback]</div>
So what is the deal? Am I ever going to get my Special Ops. Helmet? Any updates?
[/b]

Here's the email I got on Monday:

We would like to share with you the latest updates regarding the above-mentioned helmets.

Special Ops Helmet – Good news. We have received the replacement helmets for everyone who returned their helmet for a replacement. They should begin shipping within the next two weeks. We are also expecting another shipment to arrive to fulfill outstanding orders.

Shock Trooper Helmet – We are expecting the majority of these helmets to be completed by the factory at the end of August. Once they have all been thoroughly inspected and approved, we will ship them from overseas. We are hopeful that these will be able to start shipping in October.

Clone Trooper Helmet – The first batch of replacement helmets are on the water and on their way to us right now. We are hoping to have these replacements ship to our customers by the end of September. As with the Special Ops Helmet, we will be receiving these in small waves and will fulfill orders as the inventory comes in.

Please be assured that we will continue to work with our vendor to improve the schedule. We will provide you with another update next month.

We apologize for this delay and appreciate your continued patience and understanding. Master Replicas is committed to only delivering quality products to our loyal customers.

Sincerely,

The Master Replicas Team

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back