MR Helmet Update

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by MRCUSTOMERCARE, Mar 10, 2006.

1. MRCUSTOMERCARE

MRCUSTOMERCARE Well-Known Member

Dear Master Replicas Customer:

We would like to provide you with an update on the following Star Wars and Disney Helmets:
    • Shock Troop Helmet
    • Clonetrooper Helmet
    • Special Ops Helmet
    • Rocketeer Helmet.

As you may know, Master Replicas placed all helmets on shipping hold in order to fully inspect them for potential quality issues reported on some units. After discussing the situation with our manufacturing partner, we agreed on an unbiased evaluation of the products by an independent, third party testing agency.

Next week, each helmet will be carefully inspected to ensure that only units meeting Master ReplicasÂ’ quality standards will be approved to be shipped out to our customers.

Thank you for your continued patience and understanding. Master Replicas is dedicated to providing quality products that we are proud to stand behind. We will be providing you with an update in a few weeks based on the results of the inspection and the next steps.

Sincerely,

The Master Replicas Team

2. JP05

JP05 Well-Known Member

Jeesh. Good thing I read this forum. Would it be too much to ask to get an email from MR? I think its really poor customer service that they posted here and did not email their actual customers.

Or am I the only customer who did not get an email?

3. Cookiee Monsta

Cookiee Monsta Well-Known Member

Your just now getting around to inspecting them?? Wouldn't it of been better to of inspected them before they shipped out to customers, then you wouldn't of had this PR problem in the first palce.

MR should've spent the extra 20-35 cents per helmet, in what ever 3rd world country that made them, to get the helmets done properly the first time around.Thats what you get when you penny pinch to save $$, it comes back to bite you in the *.

I'm glad I cancelled my helmet order when all this bad news about helmet problems started to arise.Have you seen how much MR charges to send helmets to New Zealand, would cost a prity penny to have each of my Clone helmets shipped back & forth across the pacific trying to sort the probelms out.So I pulled the pin before those probelms arose.

4. RedTwoX

RedTwoX Sr Member

I understand that you can not sell Limited Edition units which fail quality control as it will affect the edition size. However, what of the plain, white Clone helmets? I'm not affraid of sand paper and spray paint, and I'd love to pick up a discounted "quality control reject". Have you folks gotten that far through the planning process? What will be the fait of these helmets?

5. MRCUSTOMERCARE

We are going to be sending an email out to everyone on Monday. This is actually the email that is going out. I just thought I would give everyone the heads up it is coming and what it is going to say. Everyone who ordered a helmet from us plus our retailers who purchased the helmets will be getting the emails.

6. MRCUSTOMERCARE

HI Cougar,

We do actually inspect them before they leave the factory. Sometimes things can happen in shipping due to temperature, humidity, etc. There can be dozens or factors that affected the helmets before we got them here in the states but after they were inspected at our vendors factories. We are looking into what happened and are trying to keep everyone updated.

We do sincerely apologize for the delay and working on rectifying the situation as quickly as possible.

7. CTF

CTF Sr Member

Ah, the RPF... You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. And yes, I'm kidding guys. :p

Don't take it to heart, MR. I'll still buy your lids. :)

8. rocketeer25

rocketeer25 Sr Member

Guys,

Give Amy (or whoever it is behind the MR mask) a break. She didn't have to come here and post any information...

I know some of you are frustrated with the quality control issues we've seen from MR lately... I'm right there with you. But that doesn't give you the right to abuse Amy or any other MR employee that goes out of their way to share information with us.

It's not like Amy was in charge of making or packaging the helmets... she's just trying to do her job. And while I think we would all like more updates, I don't think we'll get them if we continue to harass Amy or anyone else from MR that might be inclined to give them to us.

Thanks for the update MR. Here's hoping that the quality control measures that you've put in place will fix the problems you've been having. :thumbsup

Lonnie

9. JP05

JP05 Well-Known Member

Give who a break? Who is harrasing who? What are you talking about? I don't see anything bad posted. One opinion on product, but thats it. You are right that they don't have to post here. But they did. And I think my post was a vaild post that expressed a vaild concern. My concerns were answered. They also posted the same thing at Rebelscum. My point still stands that I should be getting an email. They said I would on Monday. I will wait and see. I think you need to tone down the claims of harrasement though.

10. The Mantis

The Mantis Sr Member

Steve has every right to his post and many more like it....money was exchanged....a product was promised. Excuses upon excuses were made. If MR was a vendor for the company you owned you would have fired them.

But we cannot fire them, instead we can have our money refunded, as I did yesterday, and CHOOSE to spend our money elsewhere.

This is not an attack on AMY but business is business.

11. CTF

CTF Sr Member

I know this isn't true for everyone here (some would've brought through dealers), but MR doesn't charge you until the product ships? Isn't that right?

12. elwood49

elwood49 New Member

So, the e-mail goes out next week, meaning Monday, and the inspection takes place the next week after that?

I guess I won't see my Shock and Spec. Ops until April, which is actually fine with me. I wonder when my Vader SE will ship?

13. Goldenrod

Goldenrod Sr Member

I think i'm going with a refund as well for my Special Ops. I just cannot wait a year for a product ship. Its just unprofessional management in my opinion.
    BTW i never heard anything about a replacement case for my MR Jango blasters. They for some reason beyond me do not reply to emails.????

14. Cenobyte

Cenobyte Sr Member

So has anyone here actually PAID or have been billed from MR yet for their helmets?

(Not a distributor or reseller, but physically MR)

15. CTF

CTF Sr Member

Exactly.

16. hansicle

hansicle Sr Member

I don't want to step on toes and make excuses for anyone, but I think the problem here is trying to make this transaction "cost effective" , in this instance, the helmets were to be inspected by the overseas manufacturer before sending out. The helmets were then shipped to the vendors for distribution. Doing this reduced the extra cost of shipping the product to an MR facility for additional inspection, and then the cost of shipping the product to the vendors.

If the helmets were inspected properly, and the defects happened during shipping, then that's one thing, but if the the manufacturer is not doing their job, allowing defective merchandise to pass just to keep up with demand and prevent loss because of shotty workmanship.. that's another.

By having a third party inspect the merchandise, they can better evaluate the situation, and determine if the product is being inspected properly, the product is being made to standards, no "questionable" product is being "passed" and shipped. If everything is being done properly, and the damage is happening during shipping, a new method for shipping needs to be determined, or a change in shipping service needs to be made.

If the do find that it's the fault of the manufacturer, and they are passing crap, then the manufacturer will have to take the loss and make up for the orders that were defective.

If the shipping company mishandeled the merchandise and created a situation, where the merchandise could have been damaged, then they may have to take a loss.

Having an independant third party look into this will help determine the best action to take in order to resolve this issue.... unfortunately, all of this will take time in order to do it correctly. I'm sure MR has a lot riding on these products, and they had expectations for their merchandise that isn't being met. They need to determine a cause for these issues in order to determine the best course of action to resolve them.

17. Star Wars Helmets

Star Wars Helmets Sr Member

After such a delay its unfortunate that all thatÂ’s sent out is another holding email :(

In some respects I may be considered one of the “lucky” ones since I received all my three helmets (Star Corps, Shock and Special Ops) however the finish on the latter two was disappointing and I’m still missing a plaque. Tbh I didn’t consider the idea of sending the helmets back realistic, given the geography of my situation so it’s a shame MR hasn’t thought of doing anything to appease those who’ve felt buggered about.

Cheers

Jez

18. PantheraGem

PantheraGem Sr Member

MR may not actually charge you until the item ships, but.... for eight months that was still roughly $960 I had set aside for my Vader helmet that I couldn't do anything else with.

I still want the MR down the line but I worry how this is going to turn out. Couldn't they just cancel all the unfulfilled orders and simply say "sorry" in case it proves to be too expensive to re-make, or repair all of the damaged helmets?

Who are these third party inspectors anyway? They should have hired some people from the RPF. :D

19. rocketeer25

rocketeer25 Sr Member

:lol Sorry, I know you didn't mean it that way, but it sounded like you just put a hit out on Amy. You don't live in New Jersey, do you? :D

The RPF strives to be licensee-friendly. That doesn't mean that you have to put up with poor customer service. It doesn't mean that you have to buy everything that MR is selling (product or "tales"). But when a representative of MR, or any other licensee, joins the board, they need to be treated like any other member... with decency and respect.

Amy has personally helped many of our members resolve problems with MR. Problems they may still have been facing if it hadn't been for Amy's presence on the board.

If you don't like MR for whatever reason, don't buy their product. And like I said before... I know the frustration level out there is pretty high. Still, there is a right way and a wrong way to get your point across.

I do appreciate the tone of the last couple of posts... they reflect disappointment with MR's recent product/decisions, but they do it respectfully. :thumbsup

I've pulled a couple of OT posts out of this thread. I hope we can leave it open for a continued dialogue with MR, if they haven't already given up hope on us. :unsure

Now that would be a great job.. :)

20. Gordon Gekko

Gordon Gekko Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

With the perfection nuts on here those things would never ship. :p

21. SurferGeek

SurferGeek Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Just my .02 worth...

Whenever you wear the uniform, or hat or whatever that has the company name or logo on it, YOU represent that company. For good or bad. This means that however warranted or not, you will get upset people complaining to you. YOU represent that company and as a good company representative you have to grin and bear it. Not saying that you have put up with violence or disrespect... But you will have to bite your lip more than you'd like to.

I've worked customer service before and it sucks sometimes. Customer service reps are the face of the company and they can make or break the reputation just as easily as poor product quality. Sometimes people just need to vent and the good reps know that and learn to deal with that... as I'm sure Amy has.

Customer service representatives that can't learn to deal with upset customers end up moving on to other jobs. You're a people person or you're not. ;)

22. xmart

xmart Well-Known Member

Before all this I want to remind that I'm in Turkey.

Back in when Luke Signature Edition (the first one) released I had a problem with my display case so I called them. They returned back and stuff, however problem was not solved.

Last year while I was at Celebration III I stopped at the MR booth and told them about my problem, a nice lady just wrote down my problem inside a notebook got my email and phone stuff and told me that they'd return back to me ASAP.

NOthing happened, I called them in Jnauary 2006, they again wrote down my concern..and nothing happened yet..

So guys I basilcally could have bought a new case with all the phone bills from Turkey to States. Is it this hard to contact...? I even stoped by your booth while I was in states..and NOTHING HAPPENED YET.

23. rocketeer25

rocketeer25 Sr Member

Oh, I agree 100%. It's just that for most customer service jobs, you don't have a choice whether or not to stand behind that counter, or you don't have a choice to pick up the phone when it rings. That is your job.

Having worked several customer service types jobs myself, I remember the abuse I took. It helps me today to see the person that I'm dealing with as a person, not "the" company. Typically, they're just the messenger, and not someone that should bear the brunt of my frustration.

I'm not sure if Amy's job requires her to post on internet message boards (specifically the RPF)... but even it does, we can still treat her and other MR employees the way we would want to be treated if the tables were reversed.

24. JP05

JP05 Well-Known Member

So why were posts removed?

25. rad1701

rad1701 Sr Member

Not to get too off topic, but working in customer service is just that - servicing the customers. Yes, they get to hear all the complaints and little of the thanks - but frankly that's the job. If you don't like it, I suggest something in an area that does not deal with the customers. Now, on to the helmets. I really think that after this much time this explaination is a bit weak. A third party of inspectors? So those making them or working there can't inspect their own products? I have been in many automotive assembly plants, appliance assembly plants, etc., do they have inspectors - yes. Are they working for the company - yes. Just as some examples. Personally, I think MR bit off a bit more than they expected with this. But I'm sure they will fix it all in the end. Just sorry it has taken this long.

26. Goldenrod

Goldenrod Sr Member

So how much longer are we expected to wait exactly for these helmets to start shipping??? 2-3 more weeks,months?? You know in the begining like most i really wanted this helmet and on occasion still do but this seems never ending and very much annoying now. Yes i'm mad.

27. JP05

JP05 Well-Known Member

While I appreciate MRCustomerCare posting here......I am very annoyed at the tone Lonnie took with the first few folks who posted. He was the one out of line with his tone and warnings about harrasement. And the fact that posts were deleted just further upsets me. Granted the posts may have nothing to with the thread, it just seems wrong.

Customer service must deal with the happy customer and unhappy customer. Its their job to turn the unhappy customer into a happy one. With the pending email that will be coming to me on Monday...I will be a happy customer.

Would the same consideration be given to other vendors here if this was the case with product not being delivered? No communication? I don't think so. Lets just treat everyone fairly here. I think that is what needs to be done.

Looking forward to my email. And my helmets. Someday.

Steve

28. Gytheran

Gytheran Sr Member

Agreed, customer service is there to deal with the customer, good or bad. I have worked in customer service for a few years and completely understand having to deal with unhappy customers. The worst issues are ALWAYS when the customer is rightfully upset. In those situations, it can make you feel pretty bad for those you have to deal with.

With that being said... We ARE justifiably upset. Amy knows our frustration is not generally directed at her specifically, but at the company she represents. And dealing with it comes with the territory.

One of these days MR will get a wake-up call from one of these "debacles" and get their stuff together(QC issues, communication issues, release date issues, shipping issues, etc.). Hopefully that will come sooner rather than later...

29. Aegis159

Aegis159 Sr Member

Anyone have a link to the rebelscum version of this post, I'd like to read what others have said about this as well.

Amy, this kind of vagueness is what is upsetting your customers. And yes Lonnie we are her customers because she represents MR.

I will wait to see if I get this email on Monday, even though as of yet I have yet to receive any of these emails giving us info that they have sent out (and yes I have made sure that they weren't blocked by my spam filters, I mean hell their sale emails come through fine so the others should have as well..). I've basically had to read any kind of info off of the boards here to find out anything about my order.

So how long has it been since all of these quality issues had come up? And how long has it taken to get ANY kind of information from MR about it? And then, again, we're handed more vague info that doesn't give us any kind of idea as to when we might see the product that we've been waiting for for almost a full year. The idea that CTF mentions about MR "not charging your CC until it ships" is a copout- any bookkeeper that actually does their job well would have figured the amount for the helmet/whatever out of their budget already whether the money has physically left their account or not. So just because they "haven't charged us" yet doesn't mean they haven't had the funds for the helmet tied up for this long.

Cmon Lonnie, if it were anyone else other than one of the "licensees" you know full well and good that things would be less than civil.

30. Aegis159

Aegis159 Sr Member

Hehehe my reputation for being a "Topic Killer" is alive and well.. ;) :D

31. MikeyX

MikeyX Well-Known Member

The Rebelscum thread is here

32. allosaur176

allosaur176 Sr Member

Ok, I have a question:

How come after a year of delays will they start to inspect these helmetes next week???

If all the helmets are made already, and they stopped shipping them in Jan, why does it take 2 more months for them to start inspecting these?? This is something that should have started as soon as the stopped shipping

33. ROBOSTEVE 0671

ROBOSTEVE 0671 Sr Member

Just chiming in , I'm prepared to wait, I guess it will be worth it.

34. hyperdyne

hyperdyne Sr Member

I'm still waiting. I sent my helmet back and I have no idea if they received it or not. No communication at all. I am about ready to just up and cancel the order. Of course that is if I can cancel it, for all I know they still think I have the helmet in hand.... :(

35. Benkenove

Benkenove Well-Known Member

Great question. That is what I asked before, and my post was deleted.

If I´m not wrong, MR told us they will need 2 months to verify everything and "print the new plaques"... and after all this time, a new "post" appear telling that they are going to inspect all the helmets...

1.- My question was, what have they done since they stopped all the helmets ???

2.- Is not suppose that they were inspecting all of them many many weeks ago ???

And the most important question, and correct me if I´m wrong, what all we need to know:

3.-When will the helmet be re-released... for sure ???

I really hope this questions dont bother anyone "again" and my post were not deleted again, I´m now a little more calmed but the question still the same... and I´m sure we will got no answers to these questions untill they finally send the helmets (too late I guess).

I think MR were so great, but what I´m seing at this moment is a very very lack of communication, and off course, a very very lack of quiality and quiality control...

I really hope they can solve this, and they learn from this, and they can keep on making more and more helmets... (but aways ON TIME and with no quility issues...).

At the end, we, the consumers, are who we pay for all these delays and quiality problems :(.

Let´s see if we recieve any answer to these questions in the next 2 months ??

36. Marrow Sun

Marrow Sun New Member

Well I've just email the vendor that pre-sold me my special ops bucket. At this point its been a year since I paid and I'm not willing to hold off for another YEAR. I made the mistake of paying full price up front from an EBAY MR vendor when they offered the pre-sales and I don't think I'll ever see my money back, the ebay vendor is no longer a registered user and its been far too long to go through paypal for a refund :(

37. Dark One

Dark One Well-Known Member

So here is another question for MR. If we ordered helmets from MR reps and then they don't get them who is going to refund the money???? MR?????? Also since these are no longer LE pieces.(That's what I took the Limited number on the plaques as being), why do we have to pay the extra money???? Why don't they cost the same as the white one then?????? Yes, I am a little upset with all of this. It also doesn't help that I get an e-mail saying my Shock Trooper had shipped and then another e-mail that said sorry it didn't. I don't have a whole lot of faith in this whole deal right now. :( :( :( I have tried MR customer care and they could not tell me anything.

38. JP05

JP05 Well-Known Member

Well guess what.....................

Monday has come and gone..............and NO EMAIL.

NONE

NADA

ZIP

Like I said.......good thing I read threads here. I guess posting here is more important than contacting their customers like they should be doing.

Steve

39. Tatooine_Todd

Tatooine_Todd Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

If anyone wants out of their pre-order, I would like to get in.

40. Aegis159

Aegis159 Sr Member

Same here. Nothing in my mailbox. Did they actually send these emails out or did they just assume everyone reads the boards?? I'm not trying to be mean, but this seems to be a reoccuring problem with MR... Anytime they have something on sale I have no problem getting their emails, but any info about my order never gets to me and I have to seek it out on the boards......

Ok
    I know I've asked several questions before (and they've gone unanswered, hehehe) but there's only one question that really needs to be answered, and I'm pretty sure most if not all will concur...

How much longer will we have to wait for these to start shipping again??????

Now you can just give the "party line" answer, or you can give us an actual answer based upon all of the workup you all there have been doing for the last two+ months. I know you all have schedules worked up for "best case" and "worst case" scenarios... if you don't then I worry about the business model you all are working under...

But an honest answer from someone at MR would be appreciated.

If it's honestly within a month or two at the most then that's fine and dandy, but if they can't even give a guesstimated date when they'll start shipping again you might get what you asked for monster_collector ;)

41. Gytheran

Gytheran Sr Member

I received the email yesterday. I'm not entirely sure what it means, but I got it.

42. Aegis159

Aegis159 Sr Member

Its now Thursday and I STILL have not seen any email to any of my accounts from MR....

Sad, really. This whole debacle will definitely affect my future dealings with MR :(

43. tripoli

tripoli Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

We are already seeing customers upset because of the QC issues and dropping away. The next questions is: How much additional business will MR loose if they release all these at once? Afterall, the average buyer may not ba able to make the purchases of all these at once, which means more may drop out to to the sudden cost of trying to pay for all of them at once. Unless funds were specifically set aside which is an assumption as a business I would not want to make of all my customers, MR is suddenly looking at flooding the market with product to a consumer base that may on majority not be able to afford the mass purchases.

Such will definately de-value the product as demand is less than supply. Also, MR's current tactic of opening certain editions and closing off some to direct sale may have a more direct hit to MR's bottom line not to mention the cost of handling the repairs and returns.

With the low public perception of QC problems, dropping product value, a huge expansion of product lines, ( including the cursed Enterprise replica project :lol ) can MR weather such a storm? Its a lot to take on, any thoughts?

44. micdavis

micdavis Master Member

Add to that there some unhappy consultants out there who have worked with them.

Rumors about money problems, denied in public, of course.

The QC problems are just part of it.

I still wish them the best of luck and continued success (if they are having any).

45. atacpdx

atacpdx Well-Known Member

Ahhh Rumors, innuendo, speculation...the mother's milk of Forum Members and MR basher's alike.

But hey who needs truth when fiction is so much more fun.

46. tripoli

I don't know how you can call the recent blunders of MR innuedo or assumptions. Because they have absolutely screwed up and are facing several issues matter of factly.

Now to say it cannot be diuscussed is foolish, as it does have an impact on the collecting community. Delays, pricing distribution, missing plaques, damaged product released, poor quality products, returned back issues, product release schedules, current impact on later releases are all quite valid issues for discussion.

More over as many people here are waiting on product for replacement, plaques never delivered and other issues that are impacting their current purchases.

If you are saying any such discussion is damaging, well... YEAH, its a public relations fiasco and we are dealing with its impact in discussions here. And since MR has announced they would publically answer questions on it and have not as of this point here, yeah, its going to be talked about and probably in a not so positive fashion because its not positive.

Yes, its a good idea to keep it factual, but also not to censor or blindly turn away from the problems burying our head in the sand.

I value many of the products MR has produced, but as of late have been burned by the factual issues repeatedly. I hope they turn their problems around, but until then, its a topic of valid discussion.
    Funny that some called me a cheerleader when they were doing things right. I was darn happy to see what they were creating. But right now, they are producing poor products and I am factually going to discuss it as well. Goes both ways, do good, it get talked about in a positive manner. Do poorly, it gets discussed in a negative manner.
    Quite objective don't you think?

47. atacpdx

atacpdx Well-Known Member

Ummm Tripoli, unsure if you are aiming that at me but if so...

You'll note I was quoting Mic, not you. His comments were very speculative and chock full of guesswork and innuendo.

Holster your 6-shooter and walk away....

48. Prop Runner

Prop Runner Sr Member

Jeff,

No disrespect intended, but I find it interesting, to say the least, that you condemn MR for all its recent setbacks, yet fail (or deliberately avoid) to mention who was in charge of many of the decisions that led to those failures in the first place. Each time I read your posts, I get the disturbing feeling that you're channeling someone who desparately wishes to be disassociated with those failures...

But that's neither here nor there. Now I assume, based on your authoritative posts, that "you're in the know," so please tell me: on average, how long is the MR product development cycle? How about we start at the beginning of that cycle and work our way back up to the current state of affairs, and make an objective assessment of where, when, who, how, and why things went so horribly, tragically, cosmically wrong.

I mean, Seriously, if you're going to encourage public discussion of "facts," let's not twist and spin them, shall we? ;)

- Gabe

49. tripoli

Mike, quote taken, six shooters not aimed at you. ;)

Gabe, No, not in the know as to who caused this all to happen, but you seem note that you are able to tell us a certain person is responsible for all of this.

"who was in charge of many of the decisions that led to those failures in the first place. Each time I read your posts, I get the disturbing feeling that you're channeling someone who desparately wishes to be disassociated with those failures"

Who is the person you have obviously chosen and noted above as the person responsible for ALL these problems? As inferred above please, would you like to name that person for us?

I named only as fact the problems as they have occurred. in fact, I had noted the QC problems when they first started to occur and said then if it was not turned around it would snowball. Specifically one small problem won't kill you but a bunch together turns into a large one that can. And as noted that the person starting this thread had noted there would be an update of which one has not been posted furthering the concerns as posted by some in the thread.
    My post was to reiterate, what is going on, and if MR cannot say at this point, what others here think based on the facts as they are happening now. Given that MR is not answering, is this damaging MR enough to make a difference for members here for MR or are board members willing to see things through and try to support such as it stands and where it is going.

Edit:
    Just to note also Gabe, I actually do have a fair idea on the production times from concept to production and delivery. Those times can vary depending on research, out sourcing, complexity, actual production and shipping times available, not to mention issues that can come up from the licensor and budgeting in a production company.

I had heard problems being discussed before the CIII convention, in fact MR had announced they intended to turn things a bit there and then. The first issue I had really seen first hand was the newest Disney licensed products for Narnia and the Rocketeer. As well they started having problems with the QC on several SW product shortly afterwards. The new policy of not announcing the numbers of editions has certainly played a role in the plaques issue as well * off a few collectors right there for doing so. So there are a few solid points at which you could debate MR had taken a turn for the worse. Opening the floor as to thought as to what has happened, why and how it can be turned around.

50. Aegis159

Aegis159 Sr Member

Hehehe ok who's Jeff?

EDIT: Hehehe nevermind .....